Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mini Hawk is GONE!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239399-mini-hawk-gone.html)

MiniHawk 09-21-2010 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 3212994)
Vigalanty justice is what gets people killed or hurt. Tell the cops about the incident and start ti fix your boat.

I was just joking about the baseball bat..but if we do see the owners boat there, then we will have the authorities take care of the issues.

GoFastScott 09-21-2010 07:58 AM

Everyone should leave the kid alone, even if he is making the whole thing up he CERTAINLY isn't the only one on these boards that does that! Thats the wonderful thing about the internet, so many people think they can become something else, and nobody is the wiser....

Jupiter Sunsation 09-21-2010 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3213002)
I dont believe any of this happened.

300 ft away ?
My father OR my mother is handling it.
Boat isnt marked up badly.

76 posts...3800 views...Mission Accomplished

A. Atleast the kid had a boat
B. He did have pictures of scuffs/rubrail missing
C. He did own up to past "misrepresentations" admitting his prior lack of judgment.

In my book he is a million miles further ahead on the road to credibility than someone else.......(CS)

srx 780 09-21-2010 08:14 AM

:lolhit:

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3212924)
WHY? Do they have a battting cage there or something? What's wrong with you?

:lolhit::lolhit::lolhit::lolhit:

Catastrophe 09-21-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3212443)
Bay constable found the boat! it was found about 100 yards away from the dock down the bay, up on it's side on the reeds and rocks against someones bulkhead. The police towed it back to my yacht club.
The drain plug was ripped out. The rubrail was falling off on starboard side. The side that was on the beach w/ pebbles got scratched up a bit. The boat was so dirty and the inside was filled with water in the bilge. It looked like chit!
I'm just overjoyed to get it back. Someone had to jump the fence to get to the boat. and why mine? There was also a nice intrepid that was un-harmed.

The drain plug was RIPPED out ??

Post # 20 is the most accurate on here.

Lots of history repeating itself here.

Airpacker 09-21-2010 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3213161)
A. Atleast the kid had a boat
B. He did have pictures of scuffs/rubrail missing
C. He did own up to past "misrepresentations" admitting his prior lack of judgment.

In my book he is a million miles further ahead on the road to credibility than someone else.......(CS)

AND.... he did pretend to be Skip Braver and post on a few forums as Skip Braver until threatened with legal action.

He did have a major mental meltdown here and on Serious about 10 months ago.

He has admitted to having mental issues that need to be controlled with drugs.

He did threaten to kill me multiple times for daring to tell him to STFU in a PM when he was making an azz of himself posting obviously totally fabricated BS on serious back when I worked there.

He has been banned just about everywhere for his BS antics

Dry Martini, Manbayboater and several other screen names I cannot remember at the moment.

His credibility is pretty low IMHO.

Sam posts a tale of his boat being stolen or set adrift.
Sam concludes it was some guy who flipped him off in a ski boat.
Sam states that his boat is recovered damaged just 300 feet from his dock by police YET he couldn't see it.
Sam states that police towed his partially sunken and damaged boat ( with the drain plug "ripped out" ) to a yacht club.
That all happens in 1/2 a day.

Lets see, Sam states that he wants to repaint his boat. Sam has no money because he foolishly spent 400 bucks he does not have on Crap music from I tunes.
Sam has insurance on his boat.
Sam admitts to making the boat look worse than it is by pulling off the rub rail ( no doubt before an insurance appraiser sees the boat)
Sam exaggerates the damage to the boat.
Sam comes up with a pretty shallow story of police reports but he cannot provide a copy of said report because the police "took it".
Sam claims his dock lines were "obviously cut" yet he discards the dock lines ( evidence) BEFORE any police investigation happens and then states that they were "fraid" but cut.

Credibility??????????????????????????????????????? ????????????.

Yep, still better than CS but not by much.

Catastrophe 09-21-2010 08:57 AM

My feeling.........the story about the skier.......never happened.

TCBoss302 09-21-2010 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3213216)
My feeling.........the story about the skier.......never happened.

+1

SVL-WARLOCK 09-21-2010 09:17 AM

I will say this for Sam. He came to my marina a few weeks ago. He hung out and worked in the yard helping my mechanics. We took several rides in my boat with him and his family. They were here on vacation and he wanted to hang out. I had a awesome experience with him. If he had issues in the past, thats what they are. In the past. He is a kid, come on stop busting his stones and give him a chance. We have all made mistakes. We as humans make mistakes, its how we learn from them and grow that determines who we are. I have persoanally spent time with him. He is a good kid and a VERY hard worker. Keep your Chin up Sam, You are ok in my book. Cant wait to see you and the family again soon. Andy

Catastrophe 09-21-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK (Post 3213240)
I will say this for Sam. He came to my marina a few weeks ago. He hung out and worked in the yard helping my mechanics. We took several rides in my boat with him and his family. They were here on vacation and he wanted to hang out. I had a awesome experience with him. If he had issues in the past, thats what they are. In the past. He is a kid, come on stop busting his stones and give him a chance. We have all made mistakes. We as humans make mistakes, its how we learn from them and grow that determines who we are. I have persoanally spent time with him. He is a good kid and a VERY hard worker. Keep your Chin up Sam, You are ok in my book. Cant wait to see you and the family again soon. Andy

3 posts back. The author of this quote and others spent hours and hours dealing with him.
Of course he was given chances...probably 10 of them , before it was time to end it all.

He did threaten to kill me multiple times for daring to tell him to STFU in a PM when he was making an azz of himself posting obviously totally fabricated BS on serious back when I worked there.

LubeJobs42 09-21-2010 09:26 AM

Thank Godness the damage wasn't too bad. That's nothing!

Larry Goldman does more damage then that hitting the dock with the Mercedes boat every time he trys to dock it!!

You got lucky! I was expecting to see a wreck!

jayboat 09-21-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 3213252)

Larry Goldman does more damage then that hitting the dock with the Mercedes boat every time he trys to dock it!!

You got lucky! I was expecting to see a wreck!

LMAO. :lolhit:

Anarchy Powerboats 09-21-2010 09:36 AM

The kid obviously loves boats and wants to get in the mix. I think there are more constructive ways to tell him that he is going about it the wrong way.
I know all too well about wanting attention even it was bad attention from some troubled years in middle school.
my 2 cents....

Airpacker 09-21-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING (Post 3213264)
The kid obviously loves boats and wants to get in the mix. I think there are more constructive ways to tell him that he is going about it the wrong way.
I know all too well about wanting attention even it was bad attention from some troubled years in middle school.
my 2 cents....

Ken, believe me when I say I tried. When he went loopy on SOS, I not only defended him to the rest of the mods there but went out of my way trying to nicely show him the path to acceptance instead of bannishment. He chose the path of arrogance and insulence instead.

I finally had to give in and let them ban him just as he was banned on performanceboat and team speed and even here for a while.

He now claims that he has grown up and that was a long time ago but alas, it was less then a year ago his rants and tantrums were what had him bannished form multiple sites.

This last epic tale sounds just like his historical BS. Nothing new here.

Maybe in person he's an ok kid but behind a key board, he is something a little less ok.

Boomer35 09-21-2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING (Post 3213264)
my 2 cents....

+1, some of these guys really take what he's got to say to heart, how about skipping over his posts when you see them and not opening his threads, the kid just found pewbs girls and boats, cut him some slack

96scarab 09-21-2010 12:23 PM

The boat is for sale.
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/10411

PhantomChaos 09-21-2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by 96scarab (Post 3213394)

For sale and gets stolen? Where have I heard that before? :D

Wildman_grafix 09-21-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by 96scarab (Post 3213394)

4K WITHOUT the motor, just the hull?:eek::eek::eek:

HTRDLNCN 09-21-2010 12:47 PM

LOL!
:D

(I shouldnt talk , with 27ft/6000lbs of boat and a single drive with high x factor I have "bumped" a few things myself ;) )

SpeedDoc 09-21-2010 12:55 PM

I remember Larry in 1980 he was driving a 16' Donzi Type of boat with Electric Shift, He was pulling "Head In" To a slip and it wouldn't come out of forward he went right Under the dock onto the rocks on the other side :)

Airpacker 09-21-2010 12:58 PM

Maybe 100 yrds wasn't far enough huh? Maybe it floated to shore instead of sank?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

In2Deep 09-21-2010 01:44 PM

This entire thread gets my nomination for one of the most useless in recent memory

DollaBill 09-21-2010 01:58 PM

I just have a gut feeling this thread is going down as one to remember (rolex's, big scotty....)

Panther 09-21-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by In2Deep (Post 3213462)
This entire thread gets my nomination for one of the most useless in recent memory

My sentiments exactly! :lolhit:

Sick Stinger 09-21-2010 02:47 PM

http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/1962660679.html
Day after was "stolen"

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1958455644.html
1500 buck with motor turn key!
-Mike

MiniHawk 09-21-2010 03:30 PM

Guys, some people (I won't say who) just don't get it!
The reason why I didn't see the boat that far is because the harbor patrol officer happened to search down in that direction because the wind was blowing in that direction and the boat could have possibly drifted in that direction. The nassau county police boat officers pumped some of the water out of the boat prior to towing it. Yes the drain plug was ripped off but beyond that plug, I had another one in that same tube at the other end (accessible through bilge behind seat). So it prevented from water getting inside.

DollaBill 09-21-2010 03:38 PM

why did you post it on CL for sale the day AFTER it was stolen? It's a legit question.

phughes69 09-21-2010 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3213576)
why did you post it on CL for sale the day AFTER it was stolen? It's a legit question.

+1 why is it for sale all of the sudden?

Mastercraft240 09-21-2010 03:59 PM

Someone make one of the cartoon block people talking about this. That would be hysterical.

DucBoy 09-21-2010 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3213618)
Someone make one of the cartoon block people talking about this. That would be hysterical.

Abslolutely! :evilb:

Stormrider 09-21-2010 04:06 PM

Guys, not taking any sides, but keep the simple facts straight.
Powerboat listing 9/9/10.
Craigslist ad 5:43PM 9/19/10.
Boat missing after leaving it evening 9/19/10.

I saw this boat Saturday AM... 8:30.
Did not get close to inspect it... just viewed from afar.

MiniHawk 09-21-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3213576)

It wasn't stolen, it was just "set loose" from the dock. I posted the ad before I heard of it. That was Sunday I posted it (day before this all happened)

the bear 09-21-2010 04:09 PM

:food-smiley-007::popcorn:

This could be as entertaining as a couple other threads recently...

Stormrider 09-21-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3213618)

It would be funny... but not worth the kind of time it'd take to put into it.

It's over...
Big Scotty or whatnot.
I saw Sam at the Round LI sound start.
And have no need to comment.

MiniHawk 09-21-2010 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 3213633)
Guys, not taking any sides, but keep the simple facts straight.
Powerboat listing 9/9/10.
Craigslist ad 5:43PM 9/19/10.
Boat missing after leaving it evening 9/19/10.

I saw this boat Saturday AM... 8:30.
Did not get close to inspect it... just viewed from afar.

Hi storm rider, I went into thoughts of selling it the last few days and I need to take down these ads. Now that it got set loose from the dock, I'm keeping it and repainting it.

Saturday I had it all day on the docks at LaMotta's (except when I took it to lunch) or went out to meet the winning boat come back into the harbor.
That evening I went down to the dock in lower manhasset bay where neighbors and such keep boats and kayaks and we have a small mooring field. I had a BBQ dinner party to attend there and the harbor patrol boat was there at the dock (2 officers at the party who I talked to and they saw the boat).
I left it there overnight and I was sick all of sunday and didn't go down to the boat at all that day.
Monday morning i woke up and now this boat issue happens.
The harbor patrol officer who searcher for and found my boat also happened to be at the La Motta's resturaunt for a bit and he says to me Monday that he saw the boat Saturday.
4:00 Sunday was the last time that the boat was seen at the dock in my neighborhood. After that, no one returned to the dock down there because it was a work/school night.
Someone probaly set the boat loose from the dock at night between Sunday night and Monday morning early, because my mom came into my room about 9:00 or something after coming back from a dog walk down to the dock to tell me the news.

MiniHawk 09-21-2010 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 3213638)
It would be funny... but not worth the kind of time it'd take to put into it.

It's over...
Big Scotty or whatnot.
I saw Sam at the Round LI sound start.
And have no need to comment.

And what did you think of me as a person? Nice? some people are bashing me on here (not you) about all this..

packinair 09-21-2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3213567)
Guys, some people (I won't say who) just don't get it!

I will say who... YOU DON'T GET IT

2nd post a pic of this "ripped out" drain plug..

3rd.. welcome back to being on good 'ol Packinairs radar. I thought after you were banned, threatened to kill yourself if your account wasn't reinstated, called out on TONS of lies you got caught up in etc etc etc, you said you would knock this crap off.. Now do I have to dig up all the old stuff where you got busted in lies again?? I understand this is like a cat playing with a mouse, but he just keeps walking across the living room floor after being set free many times.. :drink:

packinair 09-21-2010 04:28 PM

oh yea, you should be able to get a copy of the police report by now, OR shall we do it the hard way..let's take a look, I might be able to buy a copy of the incident online

DollaBill 09-21-2010 04:30 PM

Nobody here is bashing you. You'll know if that starts ;). we are questioning the situation based on your less than credible past. Very simple

DollaBill 09-21-2010 04:31 PM

Uh oh. Now you pizzed of packin.