Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Warning to Great Lake boaters >

Warning to Great Lake boaters

Notices

Warning to Great Lake boaters

Old 05-09-2002, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Delsol from the board is an American, he lives in Canada however. He was at Kelley's Island last weekend on a Canadian vessel. Customs with drug dog and all boarded their vessel and gave them the whole breakdown. It is what I just said above. If you even cross the imaginary border and a customs boat sees you, you're pooched without an I68. For the lousy $16 I really don't think it would be worth not having one.

Christine, I haven't got mine yet. Got my pictures done this week. I will be going to the customs office in Algonac or Marine City to get mine within the next week. The first PIB trip is in June so I need one before then.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:47 AM
turbo2256

Hope to know more by the 14 our next meeting

Old 05-09-2002, 09:03 AM
RickA

Milord,

Thank's for that info. We were in the St Clair river last Sunday without an I68, however we did not venture too close to the US side. I'll be stopping this Saturday to pick mine up.

Rick

Old 05-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Sounds like they are serious about this. I dont go to canada, but I run the rivers alot and I'm going to continue to care less about technicalities like this, if I cross an imaginary line in the center of the river, or cut the border while going to Put-in-bay, so what, and I'll be the first to tell them that, and play dumb, express my intentions to go party my face off, and and invite them to search my boat all they want while I party on, they are generally just like you and I, but they have a job to do, so let em do it, and it always works out. If I was knowingly going to go over to canada I'd get one of these forms though... otherwise
Old 05-09-2002, 09:15 AM
Registered

Rick,

Where were you near in St.Clair? Where do you boat from? I spend a lot of my time in the River. My girlfriend lives in Sombra so I'm up that way a lot.
Old 05-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Check out this link. It will explain how to report to Canada Customs. http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/customs/i...ateboat-e.html
Old 05-09-2002, 09:23 AM
Registered

Rob ... don't be so damn cheap .. go get one. That way I can get you over to Reggae night at the Sandbar!
Old 05-09-2002, 09:31 AM
Registered

like I said if I'm going I'll get one, otherwise I'm not gonna. It's tough to go to the sandbar for raggae night when the tin fish is so close and has a great one too the same night, but I'm sure I will a few times this year!
Old 05-09-2002, 09:37 AM
RickA

Milord,

Me and a buddy come down and run the river every spring to shake our boats down. We however do most of our boating up on the Trent System and Georgian Bay. It was cold in Sarnia on Sunday, not many out, but the river was flat and good for the run down to Lake St Clair. Just put a new 502 Mag in my boat and I needed some break-in hours.

Rick

Old 05-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

Rick, so do you live up in the TO area. I think I'm dragging my boat up to Georgian Bay this year for a weekend anyway. I have never been up there on a boat, I think it will be a nice trip.

Quick Reply: Warning to Great Lake boaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.