Notices

28 Apache Values

Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
I like the 89 with power 24,000. almost makes me wish I didn't have that blower motor built. now that its all most done I should bought a new hull for the extra 35,000 to 40,000 over the cost of my used saber, because I would never come close to selling it and being even. but with a new hull saber 28 or joker 28, sutphen 31 and the last hull I looked at banana 28 set up with the new motor and new konrad ace drive I would maybe made money or break even after a year or to. the apache I always loved but it needs twins heavy boat. the others work with either. that 89 apache doesn't need much but the 95 is to stripped for 14,000 maybe 8 or 10,000 it would cost 20,000 to 25,000 to put used/ new stock power in it.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Got a neighbour who sees different go fast boats in front of the house, so he thinks I might know the answer to his question.
He has a relative that wants to rid himself of a 1988 Apache .
Its 28 ft, long. Comes with a trailer.
The neighbour says he wants to buy it from the guy.

Description is great shape , almost new rebuilds ( 4 hrs ).
Thing has been sitting in his driveway because he isnt much of a boater,

He wants 32k for it.

Is this the right ballpark price.?? Does one pay more money because its an Apache when its only 28 ft. long ?

I dont follow values on 22 year old boats.

Whatever you guys say, I'll pass on to him.

Thanks
Very interesting. Please post pics of neighbors boat ASAP. There are only so many 28 Apaches out there, and with this being a close personal neighbor and everything, a pic should be really easy. Gail Paik only painted so many schemes, and I am not aware of other 1988s around here. This is a great find, Pal. I can't wait to see pics.
Maybe we can get this moved to the Apache section and start gathering information about it. I can't wait to tell people that there is another 1988 out there, and so relatively close to me. Maybe we can get both boats together in one place.

I hope that this doesn't end up being another fake Apache that one of our own pals invented to screw with us.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

Mel Riggs has one that I would give 100k for.

Mark McManus has one that he is asking $200k for.

I wouldn't let mine go for what others are asking for ones that haven't been updated, based on what has been done and how it shows, the comments it gets. I'd rather keep it as a historical piece. If I ever wanted to sell mine, I would probably keep my power and drop take outs in it and sell it for 35.
I think that Andy here is asking 38 or so, and there is another one for sale at 38 also. I would not be surprised if they don't get it.

Anyway.... back to this amazing find of Alec's.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Registered

I can't wait to see pics.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Registered

I was looking at the Arneson conversion kit for Bravos last night. How cool would surface drives be on one of these little beasts?
I was thinking.... grab one with pooched power and drives, yank the Bravos. Stick on the Arneson Bravo conversion and maybe be looking at 90-5 with good power.
This one that Alec is talking about is worth tracking down. Of course, a restoration costs more than a simple purchase, but there is nothing like the satisfaction of having comment after comment and being able to say that it is an 88 and that you brought it back. Spanking larger boats in nasty water is just a bonus.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

Here is the Arneson link:

http://www.arneson-industries.com/pa...ravoConversion
Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Registered

It would be interesting to get some 28 Apache stories from folks like Ike, Eric, Bob, and the rest of the gang.

Bob or Eric may be able to identify the one that Alec found, as soon as we get a pic. The paint jobs are that distinctive.

Maybe somebody can PM Bob when the pic comes.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Hard to describe what a fun boat the 28 is. Nice and heavy but not the bow slap of the 41. 8500ish-9000 lbs. Jumps up and gets on top and settles right out. Like a magic carpet. If my Bravos go, I may consider the Arnesons. Then keep the power and the Arnesons and put Bravos on for the resale.
Anybody with power on stands should consider this Brave that Alec is talking about if it is not rotten. They will probably have offshore style mounts and new power will bolt straight in and line right up.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Registered

This is a great thread. There are several 28s available right now, including the Alec 28. These are great boats and this is good exposure for the ones available. I may have to sign back up to post pics.

It sounds like there is a story behind the one that Alec stumbled upon. I can't wait to hear more.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I
I knew a guy that took someone elses recommendation , bought a turd and spent too much money on it and blew his brains out. Looked good on him though. He was a pricck.
That is really sad. A fellow Apache owner? That would make an interesting story. When people blow their brains out, it makes the news. What was that guy's name? I don't mean to be morbid, but I am thinking about the poor guy, and would like to read the obituary and maybe give a donation to the family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.