Thinking about buying a go pro camera. >

Thinking about buying a go pro camera.

Notices

Thinking about buying a go pro camera.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RiverDave
I have 2 guys that edit.. One guy works for warner brothers so he basically has the whole editing rig dealio.. The other uses several programs but Premier Elements is the one I think he's kinda settled on. Me personally I use Pinnacle Studio as it's easier than most, but still very capable. I haven't made many videos as of late though, because I can't compare to these guys.. LOL

Yes I lost one camera with a suction cup.. I'm thinking it wasn't put on right though..

I have had these things on the wings of an airplane have had yet for one to fall off. I've personally tested them to 150 mph on the outside of a car, had them on several 100 plus mph boats in rough conditions.. I've put them right on innercoolers (with engine vibration etc..) with no problems..

Only lost one so far like I said.. and I didn't put that one on the boat (if that tells ya anything.. LOL)

Here's a video with one of them mounted on top of the engine.. (1300 HP'ish)

You can actually hear the engine having problems before they took off because the sound is travelling up through the mount.. When you're in the boat all you can hear is the exhaust / intake noise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI5SpeWKLvE

RD
I lost one too from a suction mount because there was a little bit of moisture under the cup and she slid right off. Needs to be bone dry before mounting.

Saw your awesome videos. In a situation like that, you could put a separate audio recorder in the boat and mic up things like the exhaust or put the mics down and out of the wind facing back. Shotgun style mics would be the best. Your editors will know how to sync it all up. I use a cheap Zoom recorder and it seems to do the trick. Here's how TF Dragsters sound through it!!! (with a little engineering help)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbBtbrI3W2c
Old 10-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use them for photos also. This one is from a regular Go Pro, not the HD one. The distortion is from water drops on the lens.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,753 Likes on 3,798 Posts

Thanks Bill, ordered from Diamond performance wednesday showed up today, thanks for the prompt service and excellent price. Heading up to jacksonville for Airshow tomorrow, then Hydro Action sinday on Lake Okeechobee. look for pics and video monday !
Old 10-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A full review of 7 cams including the GO-Pro and Tachyon

[YOUTUBE]PG5HZuRKLvg[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96hArHrz1Vo

here is a vid of my go pro hd. just downloaded pinnacle last night but did not play with it yet.

my cam came with an orange dampner for the mounting bracket that is supposed to solve the crackling noises. i am not using it presently as i have not seen any issues...
Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drejustice
A full review of 7 cams including the GO-Pro and Tachyon

PG5HZuRKLvg
Looks like the Tachyon is a good deal, and had the best ratings. However, by the time you add the cost of a mount, it's about the same as the Go Pro deal on eBay which is the clear winner here on this forum.

I also just realized it'd be easy to mount the Tachyon on my center rail w/ the handrail mount, but it's an additional $35 too.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 AM
British member!
VIP Member

The Oregon Scientific ATC9K is amazing and it has an option of a GPS module which gives an incredible amount of information - if I didn't have a Go Pro HD I would have one of those ............

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

these were $54 last night.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820183273
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered

UPDATE!!!
Just spoke with one of the guys that go pro sponsors. He said to hold off for a month or two because they are coming out with a much better camera then the hero hd. Just a heads up..
Old 11-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
UPDATE!!!
Just spoke with one of the guys that go pro sponsors. He said to hold off for a month or two because they are coming out with a much better camera then the hero hd. Just a heads up..
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.