Notices

Baja Boats

Old 01-25-2017, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DBleil89
The only problem with with power play to Baja is the 13year difference and the Baja is still cheaper. I hate to say it but the power play is over priced. It's a 5,000. Boat
They're all only worth what somebody is willing to pay. I know that XLT-185 has been for sale off and on for about 4yrs, may have changed hands in that time. I bought a $6k XLT, it was nice, but not on par with the one on CL.
Again, I don't have issues with Baja, but the Sidewinder listed mentions a new interior and doesn't show a good pic of the new interior. It also mentions "Thru hub performance" exhaust and if you look at the transom it's a thru-hull exhaust. Maybe it's a switchable system, I don't know. But it doesn't instill a lot of confidence in owner's knowledge of the boat. Which is fine if it's a marina maintained boat with service records, notsomuch if it's been owner maintained, IMO.
13 years newer or not, the double bubble windscreen and the colors kill the Baja for me. If I was going to pay cash, I'd be trying to find an XLT, if I was trying to get a later model for financing reasons, I'd wait for a 20 Outlaw. Just my free opinion, and not my money, so.....

Last edited by Speedracer29; 01-25-2017 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, the guy inquiring has a friend with a Donzi Sweet sixteen.....when the ball-busting starts, it goes one of two ways.
A. Pull up in an XLT or a 20 Outlaw, you get to mock him about his inadequate boat size.
B. Pull up in a pink Baja, endure the snide comments about how nice it is for your wife to let you borrow her boat.