Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Huge Thanks to GLH (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/242552-huge-thanks-glh.html)

BraceYourself 11-16-2010 08:48 AM

Huge Thanks to GLH

Key west was a great time as always, but this time extra special.

I'm in key west not more then 30 minutes walking to find friends and I run across GL and 10 minutes later I'm on his boat running 130 mph plus. I can say first hand GL knows his boat and the ride was fantastic. Solid, level, and fast.

Then on saturday run into him again and he makes room for myself and girlfirend.

All I can say is thank you and for anyone that dosen't know GL. I can say he lives life and is a class act.

Marginmn 11-16-2010 09:26 AM

He's the kind of guy who will take the time to check out a boat for an OSO buddy and save him two days of travel time. Thanks again. :)

Airpacker 11-16-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3253959)

I'm in key west not more then 30 minutes walking to find friends and I run across GL and 10 minutes later I'm on his boat running 130 mph plus. I can say first hand GL knows his boat and the ride was fantastic. Solid, level, and fast.

Then on saturday run into him again and he makes room for myself and girlfirend.

All I can say is thank you and for anyone that dosen't know GL. I can say he lives life and is a class act.

LOL, how many times did he have to "hug" you before ya got a boat ride :)

Catastrophe 11-16-2010 09:58 AM

GL is a class act.

Great of him to share his boat.

rchevelle71 11-16-2010 09:59 AM

Brace,

Did we meet in the pits Saturday as that azzhat was telling y'all to leave? If so, nice meeting you, and GLH, wish it were under better circumstances so we could have hung and had a beer or 12, and wish I could have helped more, but couldnt get involved due to sponsor commitments.

Rick

MahopacMarine 11-16-2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 3253990)
LOL, how many times did he have to "hug" you before ya got a boat ride :)

Depends if he was drinking!

But since he was boating and not drinking, probably about 5 times :drink:

GL is truly a great guy that will help anyone for the sport.

BraceYourself 11-16-2010 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 3253998)
Brace,

Did we meet in the pits Saturday as that azzhat was telling y'all to leave? If so, nice meeting you, and GLH, wish it were under better circumstances so we could have hung and had a beer or 12, and wish I could have helped more, but couldnt get involved due to sponsor commitments.

Rick

Yep, no sweat on staying out of it. Really came from out of no where with those guys. Story was GL had a flat on the trailer. Went there to repair. Was told you have to pay in here and we both said ok who do we pay. Then two guys say out of here now. I said we have a flat and he says you came in on a flat you can leave on a flat. Then he persists to sit on his tractor as if he was going to push the boat out.

Very classless and I still don't know what pissed those guys off so much. Oh well. We just drove it to a hotel parking lot.

BLee 11-16-2010 11:40 AM

GL is my bro for the same reasons!

He's great in the clutch as well, especially when you get a cab driver that only speaks French! :drink:

offshoredrillin 11-16-2010 11:44 AM

Yep, one of the good guys, his hospitality to us when we visited for the milk run was outstanding. :drink:

rchevelle71 11-16-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3254073)
Yep, no sweat on staying out of it. Really came from out of no where with those guys. Story was GL had a flat on the trailer. Went there to repair. Was told you have to pay in here and we both said ok who do we pay. Then two guys say out of here now. I said we have a flat and he says you came in on a flat you can leave on a flat. Then he persists to sit on his tractor as if he was going to push the boat out.

Very classless and I still don't know what pissed those guys off so much. Oh well. We just drove it to a hotel parking lot.

The thing that makes me mad is the whole bunch of them think their chit dont stink, would have probably taken us a few minutes to round up a jack capable, and switch out the tire, heck we had engines in and out of the boats all day in there. Unfortunately had I got involved and they realized I was crewing on a boat, they woulda went crying to their boss(which is all you asked for in the first place was to talk to him), and next thing ya know they would be over in my pits taking that chit out on my sponsor. Their boss has let me keep my pleasure boat in the pits a few times while crewing for a team, but not in key west, its like the ground is holy or something:bsflag: Oh Well, next time y'all get to south Florida lets meet up.

Rick

Sin_or_Swim 11-16-2010 01:16 PM

I have a similar story. I meet GL up here in NY on a small poker run (Swamp Run). Within 30 minutes of meeting the guy we are enjoying an adult beverage in his F650 (I know it’s illegal) while my wife drove us around. Its people like him that make our boating community great, cheers GL

AB From Windsor 11-16-2010 01:20 PM

Nice to read about the many good things that some OSO members do and it is also great to see them get the recognitions they deserve for doing it, even though they don't want it.

Gladhe8er 11-16-2010 01:29 PM

My brother sent me a text message at 1 AM on Wednesday night. It said "GL just gave me a $50 to get a drink. I went to give him $40 back and he said "F%$k off." Guy is hilarious!

BLee 11-16-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3254073)

Very classless

Who treated you like that?

If it was someone known on OSO, feel free to mention their name, so that they can be properly notified by the board members that they aren't welcome anywhere.

GLH 11-16-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3253959)

Well Jeremy travels in style so I had my own motivations... ;)

http://www.limestonedev.com/mti/BocaGrande_Girls.jpg

http://www.limestonedev.com/mti/BocaGrande_Girl2.jpg

Seriously Jeremy was great to have aboard he knows how to take a boat ride and Jen is one heck of a ballsy Chick... We set new highs for both of them... :eek:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuViqsW4Scs[/YOUTUBE]

GLH 11-16-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3254172)
Who treated you like that?

It made clear why there are less and less racers showing up there if you have to deal with that Carbonel fellow.

Let's not let a mental midgets ruin this thread. Jeremy and I think alike and we dealt with it.

GLH 11-16-2010 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plus Jer is a great copilot...

On the way put-putting to Boca Grande, Jeremy spotted a mean old 46 Cig trying to make advances on our little ride... well I'll let him tell the story!!

Plus I think there is something about catching and passing an helicopter on the way back but I think he just let us go!!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...1&d=1289939990

Jamie B. 11-16-2010 02:41 PM

Good stuff.

Gladhe8er 11-16-2010 02:54 PM

Hummin along nice in that vid!

thisistank 11-16-2010 02:58 PM

I'll throw my thanks out to GL too. Got the call with the invite to go run but I was nursing a mean hang over at that particular point and had to give it a miss!!:drink: Thanks anyway GL!

rchevelle71 11-16-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 3254230)
It made clear why there are less and less racers showing up there if you have to deal with that Carbonel fellow.

Let's not let a mental midgets ruin this thread. Jeremy and I think alike and we dealt with it.

You callin me short??

Mental yes, midget no:lolhit:

GLH 11-16-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 3254280)
You callin me short??

Physical height had nothing to do with this I was certainly not referring to you.

OldSchool 11-16-2010 03:35 PM

If I had a dollar for everytime that GL hugged me I would be a rich man!!!!! :evilb::drink::evilb::drink:

Love ya GL!!!! :D

Jupiter Sunsation 11-16-2010 06:35 PM

Jeremy

GL didn't ask you to sit on his lap for the boat ride did he? :D

Cool story, glad he was packing that MTI with passengers, maybe he will get the hint and convert it to a 6 passenger open!

BraceYourself 11-16-2010 07:04 PM

Story goes...

On our way to Boca Grand on saturday. It's GL, I, and my girlfriend. I see out the port side mirror (which by the way is very handy and works just like a cars) American Muscle III coming up strong, probably 105-108mph and I'm sure he thought he was going to walts on by. I spot the muscle and let GL know and with a 400rpm increase we killed his chances of beating us to boca grand. Was ironic that I'm in Drambuie and AM III is coming up hot since I own AM II.

Another couple of funny things is an Azmut beaching his 70 foot yacht right next to us. Or US1 beaching his skater at what looked like 40 mph, when everyone else is carefully taking there time. Not US1, he's like lets get to partying.

thisistank 11-16-2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3254497)
Story goes...

On our way to Boca Grand on saturday. It's GL, I, and my girlfriend. I see out the port side mirror (which by the way is very handy and works just like a cars) American Muscle III coming up strong, probably 105-108mph and I'm sure he thought he was going to walts on by. I spot the muscle and let GL know and with a 400rpm increase we killed his chances of beating us to boca grand. Was ironic that I'm in Drambuie and AM III is coming up hot since I own AM II.

Another couple of funny things is an Azmut beaching his 70 foot yacht right next to us. Or US1 beaching his skater at what looked like 40 mph, when everyone else is carefully taking there time. Not US1, he's like lets get to partying.

Great f*ckin' story!:drink: Now you're really rubbing in the fact I didn't answer that 630 am text to roll with GL on Sat!!

BraceYourself 11-16-2010 07:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Few pics.

BraceYourself 11-16-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 3254280)
You callin me short??

He wasn't talking about you. Just the guy on the tractor.

rchevelle71 11-16-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 3254288)
Physical height had nothing to do with this I was certainly not referring to you.

Thats what I thought, you both seemed like nice guys, and kept your cool. I seriously wanted to help you, but with the way it is to get sponsors these days couldnt take any chances, I dont really care for the putz either, but he has the only game in town when it comes to racing key west, and I don't own the team, just volunteer my time and wrenching skills whenever I get the chance. Looking forward to meeting you under better circumstances.

rchevelle71 11-16-2010 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3254519)
He wasn't talking about you. Just the guy on the tractor.

Just makin' sure:drink:

FREEDOM US1 11-16-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3254497)
Story goes...

That was a great day!!!!! We had 10 on Freedom US1 that day :drink::drink: We had GLH with us last year and had a blast!!! The ride back was really fun!! I might post a vid later :) He is a GREAT guy!!

masi242 11-17-2010 07:22 PM

Yes, GL is a great host he help my wife and I out when we ran into problems in VT. He said come back to my house and stay the night. I did wake up with a hangover. This guy is a class act.

BraceYourself 11-17-2010 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3254648)
That was a great day!!!!! We had 10 on Freedom US1 that day :drink::drink: We had GLH with us last year and had a blast!!! The ride back was really fun!! I might post a vid later :) He is a GREAT guy!!

Post the vid! :)

FREEDOM US1 11-17-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 3255518)
Post the vid! :)

I'll have Tyson post it in a day or so!:drink:!

GLH 11-17-2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3255553)

Here you guys that want fast boats on videos.... :eek:

Miami to Gilbert in 62 seconds!!!!!

Be up in about 28 minutes!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnOyAZuA4Uk[/YOUTUBE]

FREEDOM US1 11-17-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1 (Post 3255553)

or sooner!!!

omerta one 11-17-2010 11:01 PM

Last time I saw him he was past out...

Jolley 11-18-2010 05:53 AM

Glad everyone had a great time...... GL your boat is awesome, glad to see you had fun with it down there !!!!! Thanks for all the vid's

:drink:

jayboat 11-18-2010 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 3255564)

Miami to Gilbert in 62 seconds!!!!!

Nice production values. :drink:

My favorite scene:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1270/...1b87feda_o.jpg

FULL SIZE VIEW

rchevelle71 11-18-2010 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 3255564)