Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Statement Marine whats next? >

Statement Marine whats next?

Statement Marine whats next?

Old 12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
  #21  
Correspondent
Correspondent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,004
Default

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor View Post
+1
Air-cushioned. Sometimes I are an idiot.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 07:10 AM
  #22  
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
Posts: 7,034
Default

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 View Post
Dolla,

Not a fan of statement? Honest question.
HUGE FAN of Statement. The designers, builders etc. I know I'm going to get hit for this and maybe burn some bridges, but heres my problem.

At LEAST 6-8 Statement 42 should have been sold in the first year. Period. At LEAST 5 or 6 cats shoud be on order. The sales team from day 1 was clueless as to how to actually CLOSE deals on the boats. I've had this conversation with MANY people in the know and EVERYONE feels the same. I've been doing this a long time and sold LOTS of boats. Unfortunately, they missed the "boat" during their first year roll-out. They have an amazing product and had the right sales team/leader been in place they could have had an incredible start and be on top right now.

The product is right. Trust me I've considered re-opening a dealership just to handle these if they were interested.
DollaBill is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 08:23 AM
  #23  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ft. Lauderdale Florida & Tarpon Springs Florida
Posts: 886
Default

Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
HUGE FAN of Statement. The designers, builders etc. I know I'm going to get hit for this and maybe burn some bridges, but heres my problem.

At LEAST 6-8 Statement 42 should have been sold in the first year. Period. At LEAST 5 or 6 cats shoud be on order. The sales team from day 1 was clueless as to how to actually CLOSE deals on the boats. I've had this conversation with MANY people in the know and EVERYONE feels the same. I've been doing this a long time and sold LOTS of boats. Unfortunately, they missed the "boat" during their first year roll-out. They have an amazing product and had the right sales team/leader been in place they could have had an incredible start and be on top right now.

The product is right. Trust me I've considered re-opening a dealership just to handle these if they were interested.
I think the reason they havent sold is there is absolutley ZERO room in that cockpit, and the seats are like magnets and hot as hell !! At those prices I am guessing most would opt for a name brand like Cig, Outerlimits, Nor tech etcc.... but I do not know anything about the sales team in place so I may be sissing a piece of the puzzle.... just my .02
tanner is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 08:57 AM
  #24  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Paducah KY KY Lake
Posts: 3,812
Default

The main issue is its a set down.. not for everyone..

For something new they should do a stand up boat... Not just engine combos..

Awesome quality product..

Just my 02 ct.
customryder is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 10:11 AM
  #25  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, Fl
Posts: 443
Default

Originally Posted by tanner View Post
I think the reason they havent sold is there is absolutley ZERO room in that cockpit, and the seats are like magnets and hot as hell !! At those prices I am guessing most would opt for a name brand like Cig, Outerlimits, Nor tech etcc.... but I do not know anything about the sales team in place so I may be sissing a piece of the puzzle.... just my .02
They just sold 3. i like the sitdown cockpit definitely feels very comfortable and secure. at 120++ i'd rather be strapped in and sitting down personally.

Last edited by apache727; 12-03-2010 at 10:14 AM.
apache727 is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 PM
  #26  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,200
Default

Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
HUGE FAN of Statement. The designers, builders etc. I know I'm going to get hit for this and maybe burn some bridges, but heres my problem.

At LEAST 6-8 Statement 42 should have been sold in the first year. Period. At LEAST 5 or 6 cats shoud be on order. The sales team from day 1 was clueless as to how to actually CLOSE deals on the boats. I've had this conversation with MANY people in the know and EVERYONE feels the same. I've been doing this a long time and sold LOTS of boats. Unfortunately, they missed the "boat" during their first year roll-out. They have an amazing product and had the right sales team/leader been in place they could have had an incredible start and be on top right now.

The product is right. Trust me I've considered re-opening a dealership just to handle these if they were interested.
Dollabill you have a point in some ways. Nick and Todd have a "passion" about building boats, and they build one hell of a boat. Nobody can argue that. But they are not salesmen and they know that, they were working with some people in the beginning when they first came out. And they just didnt work out for what ever reason. Then they took on DoubleR in Canada, who Peter and Raymond are great guys. But they don't have anyone on the US selling there boats. They have been doing everything in house, and yes it has been a slow process, but they sold 3 boats and I know they are working a few deals now. But if you or anyone else wants to speak to Nick about selling the Statement boats, call Nick 813-417-6424
on his cell.
boating37 is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
  #27  
Registered
 
berns29scarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 7,114
Default

these boats are awesome for sure and i would love to see them build a stand up V.
berns29scarab is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  #28  
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
Posts: 7,034
Default

Originally Posted by boating37 View Post
Dollabill you have a point in some ways. Nick and Todd have a "passion" about building boats, and they build one hell of a boat. Nobody can argue that. But they are not salesmen and they know that, they were working with some people in the beginning when they first came out. And they just didnt work out for what ever reason. Then they took on DoubleR in Canada, who Peter and Raymond are great guys. But they don't have anyone on the US selling there boats. They have been doing everything in house, and yes it has been a slow process, but they sold 3 boats and I know they are working a few deals now. But if you or anyone else wants to speak to Nick about selling the Statement boats, call Nick 813-417-6424
on his cell.
I will. I'm a big fan of put up or shut up. Reese and I have had this conversation many times and she said the same thing and gave me Nick's number. And, without mentioning any names, this is the talk behind the doors throughout the industry. Sitdown is not the reason they didnt sell and price has nothing to do with it. If the boats had been introduced in the early 2000's (from an economic standpoint not design) there should be 12+ boat/yr market for statement. It's a matter of CLOSING the sale. period. I personally saw at least 3 or 4 buyers WALK AWAY from the boats at the dock. I've sold well over 1000 boats in my career and feel confident those sales were simply BLOWN.

75% market is overseas leaving an obvious 25% here at home in this economy. Can anyone argue that Statement shouldnt be able to sell 25-40% of what MTI or OL is selling... worldwide? I firmly beleive it can be done. And it can be done in 12-18 months. Now I'm worked up LOL
DollaBill is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
  #29  
Registered
 
berns29scarab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 7,114
Default

Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
I will. I'm a big fan of put up or shut up. Reese and I have had this conversation many times and she said the same thing and gave me Nick's number. And, without mentioning any names, this is the talk behind the doors throughout the industry. Sitdown is not the reason they didnt sell and price has nothing to do with it. If the boats had been introduced in the early 2000's (from an economic standpoint not design) there should be 12+ boat/yr market for statement. It's a matter of CLOSING the sale. period. I personally saw at least 3 or 4 buyers WALK AWAY from the boats at the dock. I've sold well over 1000 boats in my career and feel confident those sales were simply BLOWN.

75% market is overseas leaving an obvious 25% here at home in this economy. Can anyone argue that Statement shouldnt be able to sell 25-40% of what MTI or OL is selling... worldwide? I firmly beleive it can be done. And it can be done in 12-18 months. Now I'm worked up LOL
i agree for sure. with the right marketing and sales team they could knock it out of the park
berns29scarab is offline  
Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 PM
  #30  
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
Posts: 7,034
Default

Originally Posted by berns29scarab View Post
i agree for sure. with the right marketing and sales team they could knock it out of the park
at least 4 new 42 V's and another 1-2 cats could be sold in '11, no problem. Basically, you're starting over. No doubt Bernie. Enough "touring" more selling. Let Nick and Todd do what they do best, build an amazing boat.
DollaBill is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser