Statement Marine whats next? >

Statement Marine whats next?

Notices

Statement Marine whats next?

Old 12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I will. I'm a big fan of put up or shut up. Reese and I have had this conversation many times and she said the same thing and gave me Nick's number. And, without mentioning any names, this is the talk behind the doors throughout the industry. Sitdown is not the reason they didnt sell and price has nothing to do with it. If the boats had been introduced in the early 2000's (from an economic standpoint not design) there should be 12+ boat/yr market for statement. It's a matter of CLOSING the sale. period. I personally saw at least 3 or 4 buyers WALK AWAY from the boats at the dock. I've sold well over 1000 boats in my career and feel confident those sales were simply BLOWN.

75% market is overseas leaving an obvious 25% here at home in this economy. Can anyone argue that Statement shouldnt be able to sell 25-40% of what MTI or OL is selling... worldwide? I firmly beleive it can be done. And it can be done in 12-18 months. Now I'm worked up LOL
Oh, Dolla...you had to go and put Reese in there! You know my phone rang and now, so will yours! Time to put up or shut up - just sayin...LOL
Old 12-04-2010, 06:06 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL. Sorry I was just typing and it went in there. She can kick my ass when I see her
Old 12-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Dollabill really knows how to make a statement lol or should i say sell a statement so he thinks lol
Old 12-04-2010, 06:43 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
Dollabill really knows how to make a statement lol or should i say sell a statement so he thinks lol
Yup, I'm pretty sure I can sell a few. I mean, maybe the first 1000 boats I sold in the past 15 years were good practice.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by customryder
The main issue is its a set down.. not for everyone..

For something new they should do a stand up boat... Not just engine combos..

Awesome quality product..

Just my 02 ct.
Well they just don't have a sit down they sold the 1st 37 Center Consol yesterday.Where the whole floor in the boat will be on air cushion ride. Now i think that will be a big seller to the guys who go 20 plus miles out there to fish.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
hay cat man talking about the styling okay lighting up dude thats texas right
Lol ok man I was j/k but you have to admit that post was hard to understand. All in fun.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DollaBill
HUGE FAN of Statement. The designers, builders etc. I know I'm going to get hit for this and maybe burn some bridges, but heres my problem.

At LEAST 6-8 Statement 42 should have been sold in the first year. Period. At LEAST 5 or 6 cats shoud be on order. The sales team from day 1 was clueless as to how to actually CLOSE deals on the boats. I've had this conversation with MANY people in the know and EVERYONE feels the same. I've been doing this a long time and sold LOTS of boats. Unfortunately, they missed the "boat" during their first year roll-out. They have an amazing product and had the right sales team/leader been in place they could have had an incredible start and be on top right now.

The product is right. Trust me I've considered re-opening a dealership just to handle these if they were interested.
Dam Dolla I didn't know that about you. Sounds like you're the man they need in sales. We would all like to see more STATEMENTs on the water.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I do not know either owners of Statement. What I saw was 2 guys with a definite passion. The fit and finish showed well at there debut. The rides through out the years important PR's, I thought was impressive. With a few enhancements or alternatives like a possible stand up version, different materials available in the cockpits are all trial and error. It will take time, but with the proper salesmanship it is conceivable. The other fact is the co. is liquid, so they have the resources, are not going anywhere, and can deliver what ever your wallet will allow.
Jeff
Old 12-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

Dollas OG status is definitely in line with Statement!'s "statement"
Old 12-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ive spent some time with Nick up in the NY, NJ area while he was on his poker run tour a year or so ago. Great down to earth guy. The 42 is albsolutly amazing in every way could use a few little tweeks but a incredible running boat. If the economy was what it was in the early to mid 2000's id have one on order for inventory. A stand up would be awsome if they made it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.