Like Tree0Likes

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Reply
Old 12-13-2010, 07:05 AM
  #41
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta one View Post
Get a life...do you really know what Cig's retention rate is compared to the other brands? Lets see the numbers. "Probably" built more "performance" cats...NT isn't even in the same conversation as Skater or MTI when it comes to "performance"...so where are the numbers? You want an enclosed sh!ter? Go buy a Sea Ray. So you gonna bash Skater and Mystic too for the lack of a f'ing "enclosed" toilet?

You are certainley entitled to your opinion of what particular brand lights your fire, I could care less. The fact is people change boats all the time because they have different needs. Is it really "SHOCKING" that someone might want to move from a Nor-Tech V to a 39 Cig??? I think not...you have no credibility here...now go back to your cute little Sunsation, turn up your Justin Beeber CD's and jerk off on your NT brochure.

Stupid people, they're everywhere...and the thing is they don't even know they're stupid.

This is class, at it's finest.. should have left your unedited post up...
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 AM
  #42
Registered
 
cosmic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Syracuse N.Y.
My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT
Posts: 4,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post

Wrink the 37 AT is also a nice boat, especially for the coin involved..BTW, did you get to ride on both in KW..
Thats what I was thinking , but I thought Pat wanted to build a Ilmore boat.
cosmic12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 AM
  #43
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Keep on topic.

No hero, just call a spade a spade. Whats with all the animosity towards everyone that does not own a Cig. There are other choices. Speed is not everything, but since you mentioned it ..in your class size boat, the Hustler Rocket is by far faster, rides similar, has more headroom, and an enclosed sh!tter, for the times that your so full of yourself, and cant quite make it to the dock..

Wrink the 37 AT is also a nice boat, especially for the coin involved..BTW, did you get to ride on both in KW..
I have NO animousity towards other brands...period. I was responding to JS the Cig hater's ridiculous comment that he finds it "shocking" that someone would consider something other than a NT. Speed is not everything and NT makes a very nice, what did you call it...oh yea "sport" boat for those that desire ammenities...but not everyone wants that in a perfomance boat.

Last edited by omerta one; 12-13-2010 at 08:44 AM.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:42 AM
  #44
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
This is class, at it's finest.. should have left your unedited post up...
Thanks, I edit to remove spelling errors when I see them.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
  #45
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Keep on topic.
As for the topic...Tracy has been considering a 39 Cig and is researching Ilmor power.

Anything wrong with that? Apparently according to JS the Cig hater.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:28 AM
  #46
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta one View Post
Get a life...do you really know what Cig's retention rate is compared to the other brands? Lets see the numbers. "Probably" built more "performance" cats...NT isn't even in the same conversation as Skater or MTI when it comes to "performance"...so where are the numbers? You want an enclosed sh!ter? Go buy a Sea Ray. So you gonna bash Skater and Mystic too for the lack of a f'ing "enclosed" toilet?

You are certainley entitled to your opinion of what particular brand lights your fire, I could care less. The fact is people change boats all the time because they have different needs. Is it really "SHOCKING" that someone might want to move from a Nor-Tech V to a 39 Cig??? I think not...you have no credibility here...now go back to your cute little Sunsation, turn up your Justin Beeber CD's and jerk off on your NT brochure.

Stupid people, they're everywhere...and the thing is they don't even know they're stupid.
Hahaha did that post get your blood pressure up this morning!

I just go by what I see on the water. When you see a guy at a poker run that had a Cig and you ask why the change or you see a dozen NT cats at a run and figure they must be on to something! No boat builder will acknowledge sales figures so hard numbers don't exist for any builder. Look at attendance of a big run and you can obviously see who is selling boats. When a manufacturer is still advertising last years show boats as inventory they obviously haven't sold them! By NT having a dealer in Canada they are selling boats from the north and the south (factory) so that will increase its exposure. Ciggy is losing dealers like Ocean Performance/Grand Sport which will hurt their regional sales (NE guys, Lake Michigan) and venturing into non core products like 49 Grand Sport are going to dilute the brand. With OL being in NE you would think having a dealer there would be ideal.

I am simply an observer Tommy, even Fountain reccognized his product line needed "updating" so they significantly upgraded their cabins in 08/09.

You had a great Cig w/classic graphics and I think Phil perfects their products the best he can. Even you made changes as to avoid "the sh!tter box in the middle of the cabin"......so it is enough of an issue for even a guy loyal to the brand!

BTW why would you sell the best boat on the market, the fastest, best handling 39/700 boat out there?

Seems to me it should have been a keeper.....

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 12-13-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
  #47
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Tommy

Can you name anyone that switched to a new Cig from NT or OL?
Bet that will be a tough one........
TTT- still no reply Tommy? Yeah I'll admit it was a closed end question, to which already knew the answer.

You asked me to name one, that switched from Cig to NT V and 3 got mentioned (2 of which were multiple NT build clients).
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:00 AM
  #48
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Here and There
My Boats: 36' Apache
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Keep on topic.

No hero, just call a spade a spade. Whats with all the animosity towards everyone that does not own a Cig. There are other choices. Speed is not everything, but since you mentioned it ..in your class size boat, the Hustler Rocket is by far faster, rides similar, has more headroom, and an enclosed sh!tter, for the times that your so full of yourself, and cant quite make it to the dock..

Wrink the 37 AT is also a nice boat, especially for the coin involved..BTW, did you get to ride on both in KW..
How do you compare a Rocket to a 36' Glad?

Is your insinuation that you were riding on both during the worlds so you are better or something? Hell, I figured you were working the "Sale."

I love how this stuff gets so far off topic. The man wants to move to a cig (his choice), he wants Ilmor power (cig doesn't want to do it), so he is asking a question in regards to his options. IMO the buy a year old boat and re-rig seems like the best option.

Ok, on with the pissin match.
baywatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:15 AM
  #49
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
How do you compare a Rocket to a 36' Glad?

Is your insinuation that you were riding on both during the worlds so you are better or something? Hell, I figured you were working the "Sale."

I love how this stuff gets so far off topic. The man wants to move to a cig (his choice), he wants Ilmor power (cig doesn't want to do it), so he is asking a question in regards to his options. IMO the buy a year old boat and re-rig seems like the best option.

Ok, on with the pissin match.
He doesnt want a Cigarette! All the power to him for not drinking the kool aid!! The Hustler Rockit is a much bigger faster snd better riding boat than the Gladiator. Both great boats though.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 AM
  #50
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Here and There
My Boats: 36' Apache
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
He doesnt want a Cigarette! All the power to him for not drinking the kool aid!! The Hustler Rockit is a much bigger faster snd better riding boat than the Gladiator. Both great boats though.
I interpreted the post that he was referring to Tommy's class. Tom has a Glad now, hence my post.

I agree, the Rocket and Glad are not apples to apples by any means that is the reason I said it was an odd comparison.
baywatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.