Like Tree0Likes

new boat/engine drive combo??????

Reply
Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 AM
  #51
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Here and There
My Boats: 36' Apache
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
TTT- still no reply Tommy? Yeah I'll admit it was a closed end question, to which already knew the answer.

You asked me to name one, that switched from Cig to NT V and 3 got mentioned (2 of which were multiple NT build clients).
Tom might be working (like I should be), so I guess I will respond for chits and giggles.

I know of one. A guy at loto has a 39 unl. with 700's (lives up the Gravois Arm). I believe it was the Miami boat show boat a few years ago (also on the website at one point/possibly brochure boat). He said he bought it at the show). It is blue orange and yellow with a geen stripe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPjb6zIE8Xo

I actually sat next to him on a flight from Cancun to STL last fall. I had a powerboat mag I was reading and we started to talk about boats.

I think he had a stilletto he moved up from, so not exactly apples to apples size wise but he did go from OL to Cig.

Last edited by baywatch; 12-13-2010 at 10:46 AM.
baywatch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 AM
  #52
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Ciggy is losing dealers like Ocean Performance/Grand Sport which will hurt their regional sales (NE guys, Lake Michigan) and venturing into non core products like 49 Grand Sport are going to dilute the brand.

IN AN EARLIER POST YOU SAID CIG WASN'T EVOLVING AND HADN'T INTRODUCED NEW MODELS...SO WHICH IS IT? I GUESS WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THAT ITS OK FOR NT TO BUILD WHATVER BUT NOT FOR CIG?

THE 39, 49, 50 AND TOP FISH ARE ALL NEW MODELS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS.

You had a great Cig w/classic graphics and I think Phil perfects their products the best he can. Even you made changes as to avoid "the sh!tter box in the middle of the cabin"......so it is enough of an issue for even a guy loyal to the brand!

BTW why would you sell the best boat on the market, the fastest, best handling 39/700 boat out there?

Seems to me it should have been a keeper.....
As for your "observations" I think the OSO manufacturers forum is a good tell of what the most popular brands are.

Not that it's any of your business but I put my boat up for sale because I felt that with the hours on it had I run it up more would have further diminshed the resale value and I was considering moving to a CC to keep in FL (I also like to fish). The 39 sold pretty quick and I found another Cig that is even faster so I got it and put a couple hundred k in my pocket. And this one has no cabin because in the last five+ years with both the Donzi and the Cig the number of times we had to use the head was zero. As far as I'm concerned all they do is add useless weight and more crap to break. In the 39 I moved the head forward because I eliminated the bed I didn't need either. If I was going to buy another stand-up V the 39/700 Cig would be at the top of my list, but I also like the 42OL and would consider an AT if they ever build the bigger one (although I prefer staggered).

Now why don't you ask Jass why he sold his 43NT w/700's...sounded like a keeper to me?

Like I said I have no beef with NT or the other brands; people buy what suits their individual needs and each brand has something to offer; different strokes for different folks...why can't YOU respect that.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 AM
  #53
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Ciggy is losing dealers like Ocean Performance/Grand Sport which will hurt their regional sales (NE guys, Lake Michigan) and venturing into non core products like 49 Grand Sport are going to dilute the brand.
In case you missed this in the quote section post above...

IN AN EARLIER POST YOU SAID CIG WASN'T EVOLVING AND HADN'T INTRODUCED NEW MODELS...SO WHICH IS IT? I GUESS WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THAT ITS OK FOR NT TO BUILD WHATVER BUT NOT FOR CIG?

THE 39, 49, 50 AND TOP FISH ARE ALL NEW MODELS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
  #54
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

The Hustler 39 Rockit is also a nice boat...I'd like to catch a ride in one sometime soon. Actually that's one thing that makes boat buying difficult...actually getting to sea trial a bunch of boats without having to have deposit down. That's where Cig could improve as some put more effort into it for sure. I guess its truly difficult to qualify the real buyers. Poor Tracy has been trying to get a demo ride for a while now and as had some difficulties there.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:58 AM
  #55
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta one View Post
In case you missed this in the quote section post above...

IN AN EARLIER POST YOU SAID CIG WASN'T EVOLVING AND HADN'T INTRODUCED NEW MODELS...SO WHICH IS IT? I GUESS WHAT YOUR SAYING IS THAT ITS OK FOR NT TO BUILD WHATVER BUT NOT FOR CIG?

THE 39, 49, 50 AND TOP FISH ARE ALL NEW MODELS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS.
39 stretched 38 w/staggered engines not exactly a fresh sheet of paper.
49- not core performance, not sure what to call it
50- 46 RR + 4ft, once again more of a refresh
Top Fish- CC Top Gun w/ blinged rod holders?

A new boat to me would be something like the Gladiator/Maximus. That was an out of the box fresh idea like nothing else they had in the line up. Even the Vice/Mystique was a new idea. The only thing that could be considered new was the 49 GS and it looks like a bath tub, not even sleek like Cigs are known to be.

NT has done more new models than anyone in the same time period and they were nothing like the previous model. 39V, 39 CC, 40/44 Roadster, 427, 44 CC, 80 open/closed. I still like the 43 even though it is getting long in the tooth. The 427 was a neat concept. I never much cared for the 39V but it sold well for them and is a very big 39.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
  #56
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
Tom might be working (like I should be), so I guess I will respond for chits and giggles.

I know of one. A guy at loto has a 39 unl. with 700's

I think he had a stilletto he moved up from, so not exactly apples to apples size wise but he did go from OL to Cig.

The issue was my "shock" over going Cig from NT. I had seen many trade the other way and Tommy wanted clarification on who specifically went to a NT V.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 AM
  #57
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerta one View Post
As for your "observations" I think the OSO manufacturers forum is a good tell of what the most popular brands are.

Not that it's any of your business but I put my boat up for sale because I felt that with the hours on it had I run it up more would have further diminshed the resale value and I was considering moving to a CC to keep in FL (I also like to fish). The 39 sold pretty quick and I found another Cig that is even faster so I got it and put a couple hundred k in my pocket. And this one has no cabin because in the last five+ years with both the Donzi and the Cig the number of times we had to use the head was zero. As far as I'm concerned all they do is add useless weight and more crap to break. In the 39 I moved the head forward because I eliminated the bed I didn't need either. If I was going to buy another stand-up V the 39/700 Cig would be at the top of my list, but I also like the 42OL and would consider an AT if they ever build the bigger one (although I prefer staggered).

Now why don't you ask Jass why he sold his 43NT w/700's...sounded like a keeper to me?

Like I said I have no beef with NT or the other brands; people buy what suits their individual needs and each brand has something to offer; different strokes for different folks...why can't YOU respect that.

Point taken, answered very well. I think the Gladiator is a very purpose built boat. The only annoyance is the lack of a rub rail so it would make me uncomfortable leaving it tied to a dock on any busy waterway for fear of scratching it as most of them have wild paint!

Different strokes is fine, just would like to see Skip brighten up the company's future the way some of the other manufacturers have. BTW your 39 had the most cabin innovation I have ever seen on any Cig, not sure if that was you or Phil or combo of both but Skip should have taken notes.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:23 AM
  #58
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
39 stretched 38 w/staggered engines not exactly a fresh sheet of paper.
49- not core performance, not sure what to call it
50- 46 RR + 4ft, once again more of a refresh
Top Fish- CC Top Gun w/ blinged rod holders?
.
There is no hope for you...that is just stupid.

BTW the Top Fish is a 39 foot boat with a TEN FOOT BEAM, so tell me genius exactly how did they get that out of the Top Gun mold?

And the Legend is Cig's answer to the "sport" boats like NT with a microwave and enclosed head for your sorry azz. They finally introduce a model with all the pimpy crap you desire and you don't know what to call it??? I guess that 80 NT yacht sure is core performance though?

Keep it up, the more you post the more people realize how warped you truly are.
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
  #59
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
omerta one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LOTO
My Boats: 2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator; 1995 Cig 20
Posts: 2,865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
TTT- still no reply Tommy? Yeah I'll admit it was a closed end question, to which already knew the answer.

You asked me to name one, that switched from Cig to NT V and 3 got mentioned (2 of which were multiple NT build clients).
I answered. Is that not the subject of this thread? Tracy moving from a 43 NT to a 39 Cig????
omerta one is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:28 AM
  #60
Registered
 
BBB725's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wi/ Fl Keys
My Boats: 39 Nortech CC
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
if I go sport boat again, Id probably would get my 4th NorTech, best riding boat Ive been on....and Ive been on them all.. but would also check out the 41 Pantera. Im also leaning towards the NorTech 39CC w 3/350's. Its hard to beat a company as good as NT for an over all great product.
Now your talking
BBB725 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.