Like Tree0Likes

Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

Reply
Old 01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
  #1
Correspondent
Correspondent
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,351
Default Shogren and Fountain Part Ways

This just in, http://boatermouth.com//index.php?vi...ntent&Itemid=8.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:09 PM
  #2
Registered
Trade Score: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
My Boats: 22 Donzi Classic 525 EFI
Posts: 4,637
Default

Wow; When did Fountains become "production boats built en masse"?
thirdchildhood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:14 PM
  #3
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: spring valley,ny usa
My Boats: varied
Posts: 1,991
Default My Fountain Relationship

After working in the Fountain booths at all the major boat shows for 21 years I was informed that there was no room for me. I have a new location which I will announce ASAP and will be available for instant high performance boat insurance quotes at the MIAMI show.
sy goldberg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
  #4
Just Milkin' It
Platinum Member
 
Kelly O's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Auburn, New York
My Boats: 2012 MTI 36RP; 09 35 Fountain Lightning, sold
Posts: 1,205
Default

Too bad for both parties, a realistic view from Shogren and sign of the times.
If boats are not selling in high enough numbers (volume), the slim margins of today's sale prices can not support the dealer's investment in that line of boats. Custom made-to-order lines put the dealer at less risk, and high end customers less constricted by the economy still seem to be buying.
Kelly O is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM
  #5
Correspondent
Correspondent
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdchildhood View Post
Wow; When did Fountains become "production boats built en masse"?
Well, when Fountain was in full-production that description was not at all inaccurate. Much as I respect the brand, you certainly couldn't call a Fountain a custom boat.
Matt Trulio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:25 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,590
Default

Interesting standpoint from a few angles.......

A. By not taking on the "new" Fountain powerboats he is siding with Reggie

B. When the largest dealer in the chain doesn't re-sign with the new company, it sends a very clear message to other dealers/prospective dealers that the relationship wouldn't be a profitable one

C. Shogren will sell anything (new, used, repo boats, cars, bikes whatever) and if he feels new Fountains will suffer from "lot rot" he realizes that the floorspace can be better utilized.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 PM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Interesting standpoint from a few angles.......

A. By not taking on the "new" Fountain powerboats he is siding with Reggie

B. When the largest dealer in the chain doesn't re-sign with the new company, it sends a very clear message to other dealers/prospective dealers that the relationship wouldn't be a profitable one

C. Shogren will sell anything (new, used, repo boats, cars, bikes whatever) and if he feels new Fountains will suffer from "lot rot" he realizes that the floorspace can be better utilized.

Either way the boys at Liberty have to be shocked at losing their biggest dealer!

Must have killed the projections especially if they assumed he was going to carry Fountain, Donzi and Baja!
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:29 PM
  #8
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (7)
 
eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Osage Beach, Missouri - 28mm
My Boats: What ever they let me us
Posts: 2,220
Default

All About Boats picked up a large dealer territory and the local lake is in Osage Beach, MO. I hope we continue to see new boats come from Fountain's factory for a long time.
eddie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
  #9
Member #9
Charter Member
 
hp500efi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Posts: 4,269
Default

humm, you think Reggie had something to do with that decision???........as the prop turns as they say.
__________________
Member of the Liquid Jungle
hp500efi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Either way the boys at Liberty have to be shocked at losing their biggest dealer!

Must have killed the projections especially if they assumed he was going to carry Fountain, Donzi and Baja!
You Forgot Proline CC ! lol.............................Rjr............... ... Perhaps Reggie has something planned!? what does everyone else think?
Robertjr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.