Notices

Snap-on / Matco Tools

Old 01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
If you buy a box from Craigslist, be sure it's payed for. There are a ton of guys selling their boxes when they still owe a fortune on them. The guy can't legally sell it without paying it off. Ask to see a reciept. You could get in a position where Snap on repos your new box, or you could get stuck paying the rest of the bill on top of what you payed the original owner. Just protect yourself. My Snap on guy said it is getting really bad lately and Snap on credit is really cracking down on it.
Eddie
yep...that's true just call your local dealer and he can find out if it's still owed on i think...that may save the dealer who sold its ass too!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
WOW never ever thought of that Eddie , so theres serial #s on the BOX and/or there tools ???

Yes and while the serial number can be removed on the r Matco boxes ,Snap-On might still stamp there's in though if the serial number is removed there is no warranty at all on the box.i really don't see the companies knocking on your door to get it back though.If any one needs a Matco serial number run let me know.
I will post more later still working.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Snap-On are the best for sure. They are stronger, lighter and easier to wipe off. I have a full set because I used to wrench for a living. I wouldn't recommend them for home use though because of the trouble getting them replaced. A Snap-On dealer isn't going to keep stopping by unless you are buying tools regularly. I have accumulated a small box of broken Snap-On tools over the last few years that I don't know what to do with.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

YES you must check to see if there is a lean on any tools or the box when buying used! You wouldn't want someone screwing your business would you?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Snap-On are the best for sure. They are stronger, lighter and easier to wipe off. I have a full set because I used to wrench for a living. I wouldn't recommend them for home use though because of the trouble getting them replaced. A Snap-On dealer isn't going to keep stopping by unless you are buying tools regularly. I have accumulated a small box of broken Snap-On tools over the last few years that I don't know what to do with.
Every Tool Company will warrenty/replace if you ship them to them. Yes its easier when a truck shows up or driving to sears. But you can ship them in and sometimes they will send a prepayed shipping label for you.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered

Its so funny how many people get "brainwashed" Snap on. They all talk big but when you look in their box its not all snap on. Snap on is the most expensive but not always the best. They have moved the most manufacuring plants out of USA to other countrys, thats what they are the best at. They get the most lawsuits from their dealers. They have the most dealers but also have the most that go out of business (and yes percentage wise its still more then the other 3!)
Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

i wouldnt be worried about the dealer trying to take the box back if you bought it i would be more worried about it being stolen if there is money owed on it they should just go back on the guy that signed the loan wouldnt be any different than buying anything else that could have a loan against it
Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Snap-on / Matco Tools-ncs.jpg

Whatever you buy my tool box will still be bigger.And I mean the truck not the box in that picture

Last edited by Expensive Date; 01-20-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Its so funny how many people get "brainwashed" Snap on. They all talk big but when you look in their box its not all snap on. Snap on is the most expensive but not always the best. They have moved the most manufacuring plants out of USA to other countrys, thats what they are the best at. They get the most lawsuits from their dealers. They have the most dealers but also have the most that go out of business (and yes percentage wise its still more then the other 3!)

What company were you with?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Snap on does not do anything for their dealers except for screw them the company / finance company loans to anyone and then when the " mechanic " and i use that word loosely doesnt pay his bill they charge back the loan to the dealer that " sold " them the tools and the dealer gets stuck with the boxes and tools if he can repo them that is why the big turn over in dealers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.