VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
SNAP-ON but they sure do look Purdy though
i have that exact same top and bottom box only in black
Old 01-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was a Snap-On dealer for 12 years and as was said earler here the company just nails the dealers to the wall.
They bent me over and and then broke it off and the pain still linger's and will for years to come.
I was also a new dealer trainer for Matco for a short while and that didn't go well at all.
That all being said, I have always liked Snap-On hand tools but for the box's I would go with Matco, you get more bang for your buck.
And yes the #s are stamped on Snap-On in the upper right rear corner and after 1998 they are also inside,few people know that. If the guy selling can't come up with a payed in full ticket ask who his dealer was and contact him.
If it was a contract with Sanp-On credit the dealer will get screwed believe me.
If the dealer had it on a truck account he will thank you for letting him know he is about to get phucked hard.
Treat the tool guy with respect because he works hard and puts alot of trust out there along with his own money every day and it can all blow up in a N.Y. min.
Tim(expensive date) I am sure can answer all the questions anyone has and if you need tools let him know he's been at it awhile.

Last edited by cosmic12; 01-20-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Snap On, Matco and Craftsman tools in my tool box.
I have broken all 3 just as easily and had all 3 last just as long.
Then again its all the same to me, I just buy entire boxes
from guys getting out of the business, take what I need and resell
the rest on ebay for a small profit so rarely do I ever actually pay for tools..
Old 01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
How long have you been doing the Matco gig? I have really thought about doing something like that. I checked the website and they say they have some franchise opportunities in Ohio...
18 years, #1 in the country twice top 25 in the country 14 strait years.I will PM you my cell number we should talk privately before you do anything.....really we should.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

RT unless you have a bunch of money you dont like i would buy a trash truck and haul garbage first
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I have been on the repo end for Matco and Snapon companies, for many years, we have shut down numerous agents and it never goes easy... We have also repo'd numerous tools from the mechanics themselves, but this too can be a major PITA...

I can tell you 1 thing, most tool guys selling the tools have NO IDEA how to run a business, let alone handle the financing, understanding who to sell to, getting information up front from the "Mechanics" handling payments, collecting payments and dealing with the aftermath when things go bad.

Those 2 spacific tool companies must have a great presentation on getting people signed up to sell for them, and like many of the people looking at the franchise, they only see the proposed sales potential, NOT what it takes to actually make that kind of money...

Being self employed is great and very successfull for many, but it is not for everyone. My recommendation to anyone looking at getting into this field, before you start selling also take a class/seminar on collections and finance. All the agents I have seen over the years that have done very well, actually had this type of background, then went into the sales side.

This is just my personal opinion, remember I only get to deal with things when they go bad, so I may be biased...
Old 01-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Snap-On tools just feel better.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=bajaholic;3302790]

I can tell you 1 thing, most tool guys selling the tools have NO IDEA how to run a business, let alone handle the financing,

Wow you are being nice,I'm amazed most of the guys can remember were they parked the truck the night before when they got home.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Expensive Date;3302797]
Originally Posted by bajaholic

I can tell you 1 thing, most tool guys selling the tools have NO IDEA how to run a business, let alone handle the financing,

Wow you are being nice,I'm amazed most of the guys can remember were they parked the truck the night before when they got home.
Oh man we really don't want to take this thread in that direction, do we?
Although it could get very funny
Old 01-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=cosmic12;3302802]
Originally Posted by Expensive Date

Oh man we really don't want to take this thread in that direction, do we?
Although it could get very funny

With the Minihawk thread gone I feel we have no choice.Hey do you know Rich McKenna?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.