Notices

Dogs and Boating

Old 01-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Lucy's a cutie.!! We had a black lab but smaller than Lucy and when the cruiser was moored (late '80's), Barney would jump out car, in the gate, down the main pier, third finger pier to the left and jump on the Carver aft. Best dog I've owned. Lost him on fathers day weekend. 1995.
Wow, I had a Black Lab named Barney also! Love the Labs!

Lucy's a riot. She's quite the character and big too at 112 lbs!

Kurt
Old 01-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bathroom Break

:cuqui::cuqui:
Originally Posted by hawk232
i bring my dogs out for shorter trips where i know we will beach somewhere. would like to take them when we anchor out but there is the question... that everyone is thinking, but nobody is asking...

What do yall do for them in regards to going to the bathroom?
At first it was a bit of a problem. We had to stop and take her to shore to go. But after a while, she learned to jump in the water, raise her tail and let it go while paddling around. It is funny to see because her tail sticks up in the air when she is going. She is real good about #2. She simply goes in the woods when we pull out in the afternoon.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I fish Offshore in Jersey with a friend that would always take his black lab out for a full day of fishing, from day break to dusk 70 miles out. He would get excited when a tuna came in , he wanted to play with it . Never missed a trip unless it was a tournament. The dog recently passed. There is also a cat that goes all the time to, that one gets sick and is probably not comfortable but it is there. Boat is a 48 ocean
Old 01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

My wife bought a small annoying little ankle biter dog last summer. I actually hated it at first, but soon found out, its a freaking chick magnet.

My buddies litterly fight over who gets to carry this little phucker at the dock. People will flock to this thing. Of course it only weighs about 8#, so its not a big deal. We also have a brittany spaniel, who is an absolute freak about water, and will not stay in the boat, so she does not get to come ever, but the little ankle biter has its rewards!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Here's two of ours. They've only been on a couple times but love it. The lab is a fish, I'm afraid she's gunna jump in one of these times and I don't know how I'll get her back in. She's compact but tips the scales at just about 80#'s

Old 01-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a lab and she loves the water, used to take her when I had the Concept, we would slow down and she would jump in to the water anchor not even down yet dog in water what a mess. Then she loves to drink the saltwater, so guess what happens then, out the other end all over in the boat.She stays home now.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My little Shi-Tzu sits on my lap with her little life jacket ears flopping in the wind 80MPH.

First time she heard the engine, I found out where the term "scarred the **** out of me" Good thing she was on the dock!

Other than that, non-issue.

I would make sure any dog you put in, has a life jacket, and has the toe nails trimmed. They can cut and scratch
Old 01-27-2011, 03:17 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
The lab is a fish, I'm afraid she's gunna jump in one of these times and I don't know how I'll get her back in. She's compact but tips the scales at just about 80#'s
Lifejacket with a handle on it - mine only takes hers off when she's "below" (The blow boat is the wife's - hope you guys ubderstand!)
Attached Thumbnails Dogs and Boating-john-mandy-honey-mandys-yacht-m.jpg  

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Our four year old weim loves the water, bred as a hunting dog, he has webbed feet. He actually knows the route to the marina and starts whining when we get close. Where we normally pull up, as soon as I slow down he is in the water! Will swim for an 2 hours before wearing down.
Does anybody know of any kind of mat that sticks to vinyl as Mack is constantly moving towels around and ends up on the vinyl, does not do any damage but always worry that a nail will poke through at some point?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
claws, hair, drool... but to each his own
Hm. kinda makes me think sister-in-law on the boat, or a really bad date

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.