Like Tree2Likes

Any Other "Little Boat" Offshore Guy's Here???

Reply
Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 PM
  #61
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ft. lauderdale/ STJ,VI
My Boats: 12' inflatable
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1996 View Post
Nice boats guys! Even though there small!!! Is that Sutphen called a Rumrunner??? Al
Yes. although it only had beer and vodka this weekend. Its headed to the Caribbean soon where there will be plenty of rum
sixmassive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
  #62
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixmassive View Post
Yes. although it only had beer and vodka this weekend. Its headed to the Caribbean soon where there will be plenty of rum
Lucky you That thing will handle better than a lesser 30 footer! Does that have a 26 degree deadrise???
viper1996 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM
  #63
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ft. lauderdale/ STJ,VI
My Boats: 12' inflatable
Posts: 403
Default

yes sir it does. It is also the only one with a single outboard.
sixmassive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 PM
  #64
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
My Boats: 1988 Wellcraft Nova Spyder 26. 454 MAG with 365 HP and a Bravo 1
Posts: 973
Default

Here's my "contribution"...1994 Powerquest 257 Legend. I agree with some of the other posters--I like a single screw, smaller boat--they are great on fuel and you can tow them with a 1/2 ton! Less maintenance too!

Powerquest_Baby!! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
  #65
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lake Travis ,Texas
My Boats: 1988 CARRERA SS8M / 1984 CARRERA 32 single step raceboat
Posts: 2,277
Default

When I was growing up (70s) a 24ft was a big boat, 233 Formulas raced and won the Bimini races in the 60s, 24ft Carrera kicked butt in APBA in real offshore racing, my dads boat at the time was a 24x7 Pirahna with a single 200 (later mine! ) We used to go fishing 5-10miles offshore without a thought, my cosuins 233 Formula openfish went fishing from Miami to Bahamas countless times, I went offshore in my F1 Formula (17ft) and crossed the gulf to Bimini in a 21 Mako.
I understand fully a bigger boat is more capable, that much can not be denied but I know so many people that have moved up and regretted it so much they have actually stopped boating.
Big Ballers may run the40ft Vees and 50ft Cats but Little boats can Big Ball too!!
Mine is probably what would be called small to mid size now but still single engine,still easy to launch , barely fits in my shop and my slip so its as big as I am going for a LOOONG time
http://damncarrera.com/SS8Msig.JPG
HTRDLNCN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:06 PM
  #66
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chesapeake Bay
My Boats: formula 1996 382 sr-1
Posts: 2,485
Default

A buddys 1987 18 Donzi 454 Mag..........We run together most of the time !!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Any Other "Little Boat" Offshore Guy's Here???-img_2618.jpg   Any Other "Little Boat" Offshore Guy's Here???-img_2611.jpg  
formula 382 sr-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
  #67
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chesapeake Bay
My Boats: formula 1996 382 sr-1
Posts: 2,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN View Post
When I was growing up (70s) a 24ft was a big boat, 233 Formulas raced and won the Bimini races in the 60s, 24ft Carrera kicked butt in APBA in real offshore racing, my dads boat at the time was a 24x7 Pirahna with a single 200 (later mine! ) We used to go fishing 5-10miles offshore without a thought, my cosuins 233 Formula openfish went fishing from Miami to Bahamas countless times, I went offshore in my F1 Formula (17ft) and crossed the gulf to Bimini in a 21 Mako.
I understand fully a bigger boat is more capable, that much can not be denied but I know so many people that have moved up and regretted it so much they have actually stopped boating.
Big Ballers may run the40ft Vees and 50ft Cats but Little boats can Big Ball too!!
Mine is probably what would be called small to mid size now but still single engine,still easy to launch , barely fits in my shop and my slip so its as big as I am going for a LOOONG time
http://damncarrera.com/SS8Msig.JPG
You are so right, I have been offshore fishing 60 to 90 miles off Va & NC coast many times in 23 SeaCraft or a 24 Albemarle (single motor) and never thought twice about it. But I do love the ride of a bigger boat.. I did go offshore in a 24 Bayliner once I WILL NOT DO THAT AGAIN !!!!
formula 382 sr-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
  #68
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Lake Travis ,Texas
My Boats: 1988 CARRERA SS8M / 1984 CARRERA 32 single step raceboat
Posts: 2,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula 382 sr-1 View Post
You are so right, I have been offshore fishing 60 to 90 miles off Va & NC coast many times in 23 SeaCraft or a 24 Albemarle (single motor) and never thought twice about it. But I do love the ride of a bigger boat.. I did go offshore in a 24 Bayliner once I WILL NOT DO THAT AGAIN !!!!
After the Pirahna my old man bought a 28 Bertram with a hardtop but no flybridge.Had twin Mercruiser straight sixes and Merc out drives. I thought that boat was huuuuge at the time,LOL..
Man could that boat eat up the sea..
HTRDLNCN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 PM
  #69
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hernando, Fl
My Boats: 1986 Formula F3LS, 1982 Laser 380- 200 merc
Posts: 129
Default

my "big" slow one:


my small "fast" one:
hawk232 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 PM
  #70
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Simsbury ct
My Boats: SUTPHEN CPBA PRES.
Posts: 4,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatnuts View Post
24 Bertram Moppie II
Ahh the boat from most other offshores were spawned-
Bertram,Moppie
30ctsutphen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.