Like Tree0Likes

Locked Threads??

Reply
Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
  #1
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
My Boats: 1990 Eliminator 234 Edge, 1980 Nordic Blown Jet Boat, Rochelle Craft 20' Bowrider Jet Boat 2008 Eliminator 36' Speedster-Charter member of the "Too Damn Many Boats At One Time Club"
Posts: 811
Default Locked Threads??

I come here for information and advice about a passion I love, but certainly don't know near as much as most here. But I got to tell you, I also come here to be entertained and I just stumbled across a thread that made me laugh out loud. It was about Mini Hawk and a check being sent to a charity and it had all the regulars going at it with even Baja and Dolla blasting each other. Then it was locked. Too sad, as it is winter and cold and this banter was just fun to read. Why do they lock this stuff? Who does it hurt?
ElimiNordic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:46 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

It hurts Minihawk.
And despite the fact that he's an azzpain , that aint cool.
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:53 PM
  #3
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
My Boats: 1990 Eliminator 234 Edge, 1980 Nordic Blown Jet Boat, Rochelle Craft 20' Bowrider Jet Boat 2008 Eliminator 36' Speedster-Charter member of the "Too Damn Many Boats At One Time Club"
Posts: 811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
It hurts Minihawk.
And despite the fact that he's an azzpain , that aint cool.
How does it hurt him? You mean being banned? Or subjected to haranguing and jabs? Or just being allowed to play here? Please explain? Just curious.
ElimiNordic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:57 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Getting bashed.
He's at least unstable and one of the threads that he started proved he couldnt take it. His language was disturbing.
OSO doesnt need the exposure .

Last edited by Catastrophe; 02-05-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 PM
  #5
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

Some get locked to soon when it's just smack talking, others get locked when whats said could be libel and used to sue someone. I would bet most get locked from November-April, winter sucks and we get testy.
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:44 AM
  #6
Registered
 
wrinkleface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Michigan
My Boats: NT 477!! Ilmors Baby!!!
Posts: 8,022
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
Some get locked to soon when it's just smack talking, others get locked when whats said could be libel and used to sue someone. I would bet most get locked from November-April, winter sucks and we get testy.
Cabin fever SUX!!!!
wrinkleface is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 AM
  #7
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimiNordic View Post
I come here for information and advice about a passion I love, but certainly don't know near as much as most here. But I got to tell you, I also come here to be entertained and I just stumbled across a thread that made me laugh out loud. It was about Mini Hawk and a check being sent to a charity and it had all the regulars going at it with even Baja and Dolla blasting each other. Then it was locked. Too sad, as it is winter and cold and this banter was just fun to read. Why do they lock this stuff? Who does it hurt?
did you try sending a P.M. to the Mods and asking them for a full Blown explanation ??? sounds like you have a HARD-ON for the Mods & OSO if i recall you dont like the way they handle there Beware & Stolen forums and started a thread , or your just bored.. heres another idea can alwayz just write IB a check and buy the place and run it your way my .02 gotta go mix a cocktail and get ready for Hos & superbowl
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 AM
  #8
Registered
 
cosmic12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Syracuse N.Y.
My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT
Posts: 4,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElimiNordic View Post
How does it hurt him? You mean being banned? Or subjected to haranguing and jabs? Or just being allowed to play here? Please explain? Just curious.
If you have not had any history with him I can understand why you question the lock down, but there is very good reasons and it is best for him and anyone else involved.
Lets just say he is a pup trying to play with the big dogs.
cosmic12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 AM
  #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Frankfort,ill
My Boats: 40 SKATER
Posts: 12,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
If you have not had any history with him I can understand why you question the lock down, but there is very good reasons and it is best for him and anyone else involved.
Lets just say he is a pup trying to play with the big dogs.
very well said COSMIC and to put it lightly
RunninHotRacing163.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 AM
  #10
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: LaPlata, MD, USA
My Boats: 2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados
Posts: 5,222
Default

It might just be that OSO wants to attract advertisers and keep the ones they already have. The BS is bad for business.

Alot of people have come and gone from this site over the years. Many have gone because of the BS.
Dave M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.