Like Tree0Likes

How Fast is 180 mph?

Old 02-13-2011, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPursuit View Post
someone dies every 16 minutes in a car wreak !!! Usely because of someone texting or f**king with something they shouldnt be doing while driving!!!!!

That said i believe in safety first no drinking while driving and use a little common sense!! And for god sacks if you have never owned a high performance boat dont start with the fastest one just because you can!!!!!!!!!!
+1
Old 02-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffen View Post

However, the most deadly fast I have done is 1 mach ++ in a F14 Tomcat in 1994. 700 feet above the sea.... Yezz.

Cheeers and safe boating, Toffen

I rode in the Goodyear Blimp at 40 mph
Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42 View Post
Ive been trying to get my son a blimp ride for years. He wants to soo bad. Any info on how you did it??
Old 02-13-2011, 07:18 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

My Boats: T/S TG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
Ive been trying to get my son a blimp ride for years. He wants to soo bad. Any info on how you did it??
Buy a lot of very big tires. Thats how my Dad did it! Blimp COLUMBIA early 1970's It was so slow I slept on the way back into the head wind.
Attached Thumbnails
How Fast is 180 mph?-img063.jpg  

Last edited by bcschoe; 02-13-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2008 28' CAT LIGHTNING CUSTOM BOAT

Quote:
someone dies every 16 minutes in a car wreak !!! Usely because of someone texting or f**king with something they shouldnt be doing while driving!!!!!
I like speed the faster the better and will try to run out front and make every stop we can.
I see a lot of non paying spectators show up at poker runs just to take advantage of all the hard work and money spent by everyone else!!
I get sick of all the crying,,if your scared of death say home and lock yourself in a room!! It will still find you some day.
That said i believe in safety first no drinking while driving and use a little common sense!! And for god sacks if you have never owned a high performance boat dont start with the fastest one just because you can!!!!!!!!!!
X2
Old 02-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2008 28' CAT LIGHTNING CUSTOM BOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42 View Post
LOL, Well I've been in a hot air balloon at like 3 mph. What a peaceful ride
Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
While selling Peterbilt trucks in the early '90's, Goodyear gave the dealership about 20 tickets and my General Manager liked me enough to offer one for the wife and myself. Not sure if you can publicy just buy a ride. I think it is invitation only. We just buzzed around for maybe 45 min or so.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Registered

Wink Crying does not Help!

HotPursuit

Understand your passion for speed and comments quite well.
Just to state a fact here I AM NOT CRYING!
I was traveling in race boats over 30 years ago at over 100mph!
I was also tossed from a race boat twice at over 100mph and the first time was unconcious after impact, the second time with a broken back. Both times the lifeline vest, helmet and good work by the safety crews saved my life and I am still here today to speak from a place of experience!
Just let me know how you fare next time you get tossed from That Skater at over lets say a slow 125mph! You'll be lucky to be alive yet alone have enough time to cry!
Its all cool when its fine, it's Oh My God when its not!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 02-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylar View Post
Just let me know how you fare next time you get tossed from That Skater at over lets say a slow 125mph! You'll be lucky to be alive yet alone have enough time to cry!
Its all cool when its fine, it's Oh My God when its not!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
ray i'm with you on this one. it seems alot of poker runners/ high speed pleasure boaters enjoy going fast, which is fine but everyone thinks it will never happen to them. like t2x said your odds get alot smaller the more you play at these speed

theres several videos just from havasu where guys are running within 300-500 feet of the shore line or other boats. at over 200 feet a second thats about 1-2 seconds before.....

there was just 2 guys that ran into each down here in florida

Last edited by skaterdave; 02-15-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
I like speed the faster the better and will try to run out front and make every stop we can. I get sick of all the crying,,if your scared of death say home and lock yourself in a room!! It will still find you some day.
1. If you like to "run out front" why don't you enter a sanctioned boat race instead of a Poker Run? That way you have actual safety equipment designed for competition and medical and safety personnel and aircraft.

2. I, too, am very supportive of "God Sacks"....... But you must only use jock straps blessed by a Bishop, a Grand Rebbe, or an Ayatollah.