Notices

cat bounce

Old 02-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Im just giving my opinion to the question asked... If you dont agree w/ me its cool,, but you dont have to put me down and rip my comments on every post......Its just OSO talk....

Instead of putting me down, you can just simply disagree w/ me and answer the guys question based on your knowledge and experience... Im just giving my opinion based other drivers ive talked to at DS such as Teague, Tomlinson and others over the years... They all love the ride of a Cat vs. Vee

Im not saying im right,, just giving my OPINION....

Well said, well I have to agree with you at cat is a much better ride, but I don't have any baller friends that have a 40' vee that I have ever been able to ride, so it maybe way different then a 25' vee. All I know is from my experience a cat seems way more stable and a much smoother ride.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Cats will always have a nicer ride than any Vee hull,, however if u dont have any experience with a cat, then you mite wanna take a class and talk to others who own them for advice... Its an air-entrapment hull,, so insurance is higher for a reason..
Not all cats bounce,,, it just depends on the bottom and driver ability....Not sure what size/price range your in,, but you can start at a 25/27 or if moneys no option,, a 1+mill Skater/MTI

Just my .02......Good luck w/ your search....
always check ride/drive before buying...
PokerRun,
I am not trying to get on your case, but people come here to OSO with questions about their boats and to get information about problems or specific issues with specific boats. You do not help anyone when you post to a thread like this or the other thread from a guy who wanted info about a Nor Tech and was looking for good, true feedback about a cat when your experience is simply reading magazines about these boats. I am sure anyone who spends time here knows who you are and they would not take your information as first person, but the danger lies in the first timer you answered about the bounce of a cat thinking you have experience about what you post here. He would not know you do not own a cat and have no boating experience and you diminish the value of forums like this. It is hard enough for someone to weed through all the different opinions of all the people who actually have owned and operated these boats without your answers to threads you know nothing about. I do not want to hurt your feelings, but add to a thread if you have true knowledge or experience that will help and do not pretend to know the answer to something specific about a Nor-tech cat. As far as your question about my 36, you have asked the same thing of me over and over again and I have answered you many times. Either you don’t read the answer or you forget, but you ask me over and over again the same thing. You will know when I go to Havasu and it will not be before the end of the month, as I am really busy at work now and do not have time. Sorry to be testy with you, but your answers to threads like this irritate me.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
wot

Cats will always have a nicer ride than any Vee hull
true

however if u dont have any experience with a cat, then you mite wanna take a class and talk to others who own them for advice...
true

Its an air-entrapment hull,, so insurance is higher for a reason..
true

Not all cats bounce,,, it just depends on the bottom and driver ability....
maybe true

Not sure what size/price range your in,, but you can start at a 25/27 or if moneys no option,, a 1+mill Skater/MTI
true
Old 02-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
PokerRun,
I am not trying to get on your case, but people come here to OSO with questions about their boats and to get information about problems or specific issues with specific boats. You do not help anyone when you post to a thread like this or the other thread from a guy who wanted info about a Nor Tech and was looking for good, true feedback about a cat when your experience is simply reading magazines about these boats. I am sure anyone who spends time here knows who you are and they would not take your information as first person, but the danger lies in the first timer you answered about the bounce of a cat thinking you have experience about what you post here. He would not know you do not own a cat and have no boating experience and you diminish the value of forums like this. It is hard enough for someone to weed through all the different opinions of all the people who actually have owned and operated these boats without your answers to threads you know nothing about. I do not want to hurt your feelings, but add to a thread if you have true knowledge or experience that will help and do not pretend to know the answer to something specific about a Nor-tech cat. As far as your question about my 36, you have asked the same thing of me over and over again and I have answered you many times. Either you don’t read the answer or you forget, but you ask me over and over again the same thing. You will know when I go to Havasu and it will not be before the end of the month, as I am really busy at work now and do not have time. Sorry to be testy with you, but your answers to threads like this irritate me.
some very good points Dan
Old 02-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Poor Guy - his first post on OSO turns into this.

Fishin Rod - Try to weed through the BS - you'll figure out who knows there **** and who doesn't. Informed posts always stick out.

Welcome..
Old 02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Banned

Default Welcome to OSO

Seafordguy is right. I do not know where my manners are! Welcome here Fishin Rod. You will find much good info and answers here. I recently bought a new cat and I received dozens of posts and private messages offering help and opinions that were very helpful during a stressful time trying to decide what to buy. I even had a member here offer to drive a 100 miles to help with a boat I was demo testing that was giving me a problem and we had never even met. The folks here know their stuff and are willing to help. I have v-hulls and cats and at times either type can "bounce". I just power right through this and it is gone. Don't shy away from a cat, you will love one. Test drive anything you are interested in to check the ride. Good luck finding a new toy and welcome
Old 02-12-2011, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Im just giving my opinion to the question asked... If you dont agree w/ me its cool,, but you dont have to put me down and rip my comments on every post......Its just OSO talk....

Instead of putting me down, you can just simply disagree w/ me and answer the guys question based on your knowledge and experience... Im just giving my opinion based other drivers ive talked to at DS such as Teague, Tomlinson and others over the years... They all love the ride of a Cat vs. Vee

Im not saying im right,, just giving my OPINION....

Sorry, its a little more than that, and im not putting you down your are giving your opinion as fact, as in first hand, I always have questions so who are you and what are your credential to get advice. Again, who are you and what boats have you owned, thats a pretty simple question, many members here dont own one and thats ok as well.

What V's have you owned and what cats have you owned to make statements that your opinions are indeed factual. simple questions, just answer.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
What V's have you owned and what cats have you owned to make statements that your opinions are indeed factual. simple questions, just answer.
OSD - How are you going to respond if he says he has owned a number of Apaches but recently has been focusing on his collection of classic motorcycles that he likes to photograph out back by his pool?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:11 PM
wot

What a trip; you guys really do like your v'hulls; lmao.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
OSD - How are you going to respond if he says he has owned a number of Apaches but recently has been focusing on his collection of classic motorcycles that he likes to photograph out back by his pool?
I'll bet my Superbowl winnings that dont happen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.