Notices

WTF is up with F2?

Old 05-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Boat Girl

DaveP- I know, or I should say know of... Marcus and DJD and I am familiar with the boat Wild Child...anyway, my point is why not ask SBI directly if you really and truly want an answer...it seems to me that the answer could be gotten if you go to the right source...or if you are a racer buck up and put up the money for a protest...it seems that people dont really want answers, they just want to stir the pot...I was just merely suggesting Rico go to the source...he obviously isnt getting what he wants here, and I am trying to help get an answer

Last edited by Boat Girl; 05-22-2002 at 10:45 AM.

Old 05-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat Girl, I appreciate the help and once again I already have questioned SBI directly.

I think my question was answered on another thread by DaveP. and it was kind of in line with what I was starting to think anyway.

"Welcome NYSpeeddemon to OSO.

As for motors in SBI......everyone knows I am not a fan of SBI or Mr. C who runs the show.

But, I will tell you in conversation with an SBI racer yesterday, one F-2 Boat in SBI is running 625+ per side and still could not catch the winning boats. SBI also has had a dyno for over a year and they still can't get it / or don't want it to work.

There is nothing wrong with racing with only 20 something boats at a race - at least make sure everyone in every class is evenly matched. Lap times & speeds don't lie."

Old 05-22-2002, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

boy's,

first of all you guy's are not looking at the setup. super v boat is larger, weighs more and is turning a speed master six. that's one reason. reason two. in super vee how hard would you run if everbody broke. and how hard can you run when you have a problem.

in super v you only run hard enough to stay in the pack. then at the end you run hard. the problem is nine times out of ten the super vees never finish. you can't run a super vee full throttle for the whole race or you would never finish.

as to the super vee lights, they weight less, carry less fuel, don't have transmissions, running brabos, i could go one. in a few years they will be doing a buck ten.

Treadwell
Old 05-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Registered

Hi Eric...

Great points on the SVs... that explains some of the factors that produce slower speeds.

But it doesn't explain the increase speeds for F2. I have either watched you race or raced against you for a few years, I realize that there are certain conditions where a certain boat will have extreme advantages, like a 38' Cig over a 34' Phantom in the big water of Key West. But, do you think that you are capable of keeping up with the Gladiators and the new Fountains in the 2-3 foot chop of Ft. Myers? Can you pass a SCLite in "Cat" water?

Be honest and good luck...I always love watching you race!

Todd Dalton
F2-19 Flirtin' With Disaster
Old 05-22-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

also to set the record straight i am not sticking up for sbi but you guy's never look at the whole picture. with enough time and research you can get speed out of a boat without cheating. not saying the guy's in sbi arn't cheating. but when i got my first formula the best it would do was 79. now it does 90. same boat same power. how was that done. months of testing props, geaar cases, x dimension setup, aerodynamics of the boat, weight, and bottom design, and speed waxes. takes a lot of time and effort but can be done.

Treadwell
Old 05-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Treadwellmotorsports
also to set the record straight i am not sticking up for sbi but you guy's never look at the whole picture. with enough time and research you can get speed out of a boat without cheating. not saying the guy's in sbi arn't cheating. but when i got my first formula the best it would do was 79. now it does 90. same boat same power. how was that done. months of testing props, geaar cases, x dimension setup, aerodynamics of the boat, weight, and bottom design, and speed waxes. takes a lot of time and effort but can be done.

Treadwell
Agree on the set up and R&D thing and (no disrespect intended to you or Formula) it is amazing what you were able to do with what is perceived as a very high quality but "slow" hull.

But can you come up with another 20 MPH to be competitive?
Old 05-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Registered

rico,
as to your question on the cat's/ again how do you know the guy in the sc lite was running hard.

and your other question. with todays bottoms ( qaud steps and triple steps. if you built a v hull with same power as a cat and had the same weight they would be real close if not identicall. one thing that always made the cats faster that nobody really looked at was weight.

if you remember a few years ago when the outerlimits rocket ran against a few super boats he clobbered them.

Treadwell
Old 05-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Registered

Yes he was running hard, GPS was showing 105 when he was passed.

I am currently speaking on the phone with my friend (who was the throttleman in that SCLite Boat) who is at Lake X right testing the SCLite 35' Motion now watching a Gladiator run 100+ in nasty wind.

And yes, I was there when that OL was up and rocking at the World Championships in St. Petes. Man, that thing was amazing, beautiful paint, CRAZY motors...140 MPH I think. Absolutely Bad A$$!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 12:12 PM
Registered

"if you are a racer buck up and put up the money for a protest...it seems that people dont really want answers, they just want to stir the pot"....i love it RG! LOL

i think donzi is on top of things right now....racing/winning is about finding out what others do not know!!! not what others are doing and doing the same!LOL

as usual tread is right on the money!!

RR...fans and racers should be calling you to find out what you do....hell you were only 0.387MPH off the world speed record in standard race form.
Old 05-22-2002, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally posted by audacity
"if you are a racer buck up and put up the money for a protest...it seems that people dont really want answers, they just want to stir the pot"....i love it RG! LOL

i think donzi is on top of things right now....racing/winning is about finding out what others do not know!!! not what others are doing and doing the same!LOL

as usual tread is right on the money!!

RR...fans and racers should be calling you to find out what you do....hell you were only 0.387MPH off the world speed record in standard race form.
Apparently a nerve has been touched, why are you being such an a$$?. Lets be blunt.

I do want answers and don't care to "stir the pot." Congrats to Donzi, they are one of the originals in the sport...but design won't always beat a cheater if that is what is happening.

If what Tread said was on the money (and as I said I agreed with what he said), why didn't you come up with it?

And yes, I was 0.387 off the World Record in standard race form...ON RADAR. THIS WAS NOT A KILO RUN WHERE YOU GET AN AVERAGE SPEED. As a racer that should have been obvious, but instead you try to attack me with an easily defended smart-a$$ comment...why is that? Were you not hugged enough as a kid?

My Kilo Run would probably have been somewhere around around 91 if I were lucky. I saw no reason to beat up my equipment before a race to go out and run a futile kilo.

Quick Reply: WTF is up with F2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.