Stereo Head Units?  GPS Chartplotter XM >

Stereo Head Units? GPS Chartplotter XM

Notices

Stereo Head Units? GPS Chartplotter XM

Old 03-06-2011, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a older Clarion with wired remote, works great. Getting ready to upgrade to the newer style remote and new head unit next week. I beleive the model #M309 on the head unit and the remote has an LED display for the dash. The remote is the only thing I use to control the radio. Everything else is JL audio, amps and speakers. Sounds great.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Registered

What about the MB Quart WM1-DVD or WM1-CD?

Has 3 RCA pre-outs, sub output control, full iPod control, splash proof to IPX5 standards and can add wired or wireless remotes.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Hmm, checked out the Clarion stuff, may be an option. I had some Clarion pro audio stuff many years ago and liked it. How do their remotes work vs. Alpine? Last time I looked at Alpine my biggest beef was the delay in the wireless remotes, wired Clarion might be faster/better. What about sound, comparible quality? I really dont need all the options on the Cmv-1, is the sound quality of the lower level units still good?
If you don't want the DVD and color display go with the cmd6. Same features less DVD. Also less money. You can also add a blue tooth interface for cell phone. There is a company Interactive marine that makes wireless waterproof remotes that float. Works great when in the water. Sound quality is awesome.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Registered

Hotjava66

What amp are you using?
Old 03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
Hotjava66

What amp are you using?
J.L. M600 and MHD750
Old 08-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by regalman4925
the mc10 and mc20 have the reciever needed to make the remotes work, the mc1 and mc2 are add ons after you have one with a reciever installed. the mc20/mc2 is 2 zone capable wich i think only works on 1 or 2 of the alpine head units so you can control the volume in 2 areas for people with large boats/cruisers. they dont explain this well on their site. i bought a mc1o for 100 on ebay and a mc2 for 50 on ebay new, much cheaper if you like to search for deals like me.
do you remember the hole diameter needed? I am making new cockpit side panels & would like to get the hole precut. i cant find this info online anywhere.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotjava66
J.L. M600 and MHD750
What did you end up with? I had a Alpine CDA-118M installed this year and love it.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fusion makes a fairly inexpensive unit, but has excellent sound and features. It has a built in ipod dock and full control of the ipod. It doesn't have a CD slot as the ipod is docked behind the drop down face plate. Also allows for many wired remote units. I am now on my second season on the Fusion unit. It has multiple "zones" as well. I absolutly love it.