Notices

merc 454 fuel pump

Old 03-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink merc 454 fuel pump

I want to add a low pressure fuel pump to my 1997 454 mag to stop the vapor lock issue. Is their a kit that they sell that has all the goodies? I know you need to have a oil pressure cut off switch. Problem is fuel injections starts off with fuel pressure in the line like primeing and if the low pressure pump doesnt start until it sees oil pressure you would have to crank for a while for the motor starts. Would like to avoid this.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by IROCKET76
I want to add a low pressure fuel pump to my 1997 454 mag to stop the vapor lock issue. Is their a kit that they sell that has all the goodies? I know you need to have a oil pressure cut off switch. Problem is fuel injections starts off with fuel pressure in the line like primeing and if the low pressure pump doesnt start until it sees oil pressure you would have to crank for a while for the motor starts. Would like to avoid this.
Is this what your looking for?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mercruiser Bulletin 99-7.pdf (26.5 KB, 244 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If you are running E10 ethanol, stop running it and use the 87 octane. This eliminated 99% of my vapor locking.

Do you have a VST system or Cool Fuel????
Old 07-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Default Service Bulletin

Originally Posted by JWoolever
Is this what your looking for?
Thanks for the information.The check valve kit is what my dealer is saying I need to install because I have the cool fuel system with just the electric fuel pump.Will install it in the morning and see what happens.It's going to be 104 tomorrow.Fingers crossed......