Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating? >

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Notices

Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We are building a quad 300 verado 38 Fountain with NO rod holders made just for family poker runs. I gave up sport boats a few years ago. Sure do miss them!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Whatever you get just make sure it's faster than BillRs
with 250 xs's it definitely would be, that's a good looking boat Macklin
Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Is a CC the best Choice for You?

ASK THE MAN WHO OWNS ONE...

"Of course, nothing beats heading out into the cool, dark waters at night on my Center Console. It's got plenty of space for all kinds of cargo...legs...torsos...arms...whatever. Cleanup is always fast and easy, and the outboards provide plenty of power for that fast getaway when needed. The hull handles almost any kind of chop with ease...it knifes through swells like butter. Most all of my passengers--okay just about all of them--are speechless when I take 'em for a ride. No doubt about it...my Center Console is a cut above the rest."

Dexter Morgan

Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Remember, in 2004 OSO even got a CC for a few years.

It was a sweet Spectre CC. It made every event the Glad made and a few it didn't.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Remember, in 2004 OSO even got a CC for a few years.

It was a sweet Spectre CC. It made every event the Glad made and a few it didn't.
I like that cool little car on your ID Cash Bar....
Old 03-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
with 250 xs's it definitely would be, that's a good looking boat Macklin
It's not that boat, but same model.

And if it's not faster than BillR's I'm not interested.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Best one I've seen to date is the Nor-Tech 390 Open. Nice to have options.

http://www.nor-techboats.com/boats.php?id=5&type=cen
Old 03-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Best one I've seen to date is the Nor-Tech 390 Open. Nice to have options.

http://www.nor-techboats.com/boats.php?id=5&type=cen
That's what we were thinking

Last edited by bill63; 03-31-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

T tops are a difficult component for a boat builder..... Not so difficult in the design, but difficult in the sales of the design...
These two pics are from our "Prototype" TE... The electronics area is actually negative... It hangs down a small amount, and has a "bubble" on the top to make up for the space.
The customers want the electronics in the T Top, but I didn't want to simply bolt a "box" to the underneath of the top like many builders do....
This top also has a bit of a wing on the back edge....to try to get off the surfboard look....
This top was well received at the show, therefore will be on the production boats.
The frame is being redesigned a bit....

I think the T Top is too large... However large appears to be what the buying mass wants... But, we have the ability to modify the tops at client request....

Originally Posted by Plumb_Gut_Phil
Nice boats, Tim, and best of luck with your new model.

What's happening with top design in the industry? The ones that are prevalent look like the platform for a non-existent marlin tower. They tend to give these boats a "me too" look despite all the different approaches to hull and deck design.

Since no one in their right mind is going to put a tower on most of these rigs one is free to design something that A: looks unique and b: manages wind better than a giant surfboard. Free speed and a look that sets you apart.

Just wondering what's happening in that arena.

Of course with consoles there has to be room for the 15" touch screen that combines radar, sonar, engine function, comm, engine trim, trim tab, fuel, water and a bunch of other data. The software is coming we can be sure; the hardware is already here.
Attached Thumbnails Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?-top-2.jpg   Are Center Consoles the Future of Go-Fast Boating?-top-1.jpg  
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
T tops are a difficult component for a boat builder..... Not so difficult in the design, but difficult in the sales of the design...
These two pics are from our "Prototype" TE... The electronics area is actually negative... It hangs down a small amount, and has a "bubble" on the top to make up for the space.
The customers want the electronics in the T Top, but I didn't want to simply bolt a "box" to the underneath of the top like many builders do....
This top also has a bit of a wing on the back edge....to try to get off the surfboard look....
This top was well received at the show, therefore will be on the production boats.
The frame is being redesigned a bit....

I think the T Top is too large... However large appears to be what the buying mass wants... But, we have the ability to modify the tops at client request....
Tim,

You seem to be straightforward and direct. Then help me out. T-tops are known to have considerable wind resistance. They are rigid and the angle cannot be adjusted. They have the effect of lowering the top speed and efficiency of boats, which some have said is as much as 5-6 mph or more depending on surface area. But of course they are highly desirable for the shade they provide and as an additional place to mount equipment. Is there any way that a rigid top could be designed to not have as much wind resistance and still look reasonably nice? Could they pivot? What about venting?

Thanks, Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.