Notices

Boat Pix

Old 09-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Got some by email after filling the app. on their website last year, looked like this...

No Cost for that I guess you can order then.

http://www.boatpix.com/
what is that thing, who designed that some car designer?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Boatpix did ask what was appropriate to post in the other thread, but as far as being classy I would have to disagree.. I'm guessing most did not see the post he made several hours later beause it got taken down.. The one where he felt it was appropriate to explain his perspective of how the wreck happened in Full detail.. The Biggest issue I had with that and the main reason I said what I did was the fact that Brad's wife had posted 15-20min earlier with her heartwrenching post, and this spaming azzhat decides that he should lay out the details of the accident directly below for a grieving widow to read.. Then 10-15 min later resurects this 2+ year old thread in hopes of selling a few pics..
Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Yes Boatpix did ask what was appropriate to post in the other thread, but as far as being classy I would have to disagree.. I'm guessing most did not see the post he made several hours later beause it got taken down.. The one where he felt it was appropriate to explain his perspective of how the wreck happened in Full detail.. The Biggest issue I had with that and the main reason I said what I did was the fact that Brad's wife had posted 15-20min earlier with her heartwrenching post, and this spaming azzhat decides that he should lay out the details of the accident directly below for a grieving widow to read.. Then 10-15 min later resurects this 2+ year old thread in hopes of selling a few pics..
What about the guy who posted this, are these not details of the accident? Not to mention they are wrong and the whole 15+ pages and who knows how many people were spreading that story at the time. Boatpix did nothing more than this guy except for say what actually happened, since he was there, has pics, whatever...If the whole world was going off those original details (and were posted) then I probably would have posted that his details were wrong as well. If your mad at boatpix for saying details, say the same to everyone else, especially this guy for posting something he heard from a "text".....If details were posted, and were wrong, then why not have the correct details posted?

p.s. - I personally do not think that thread should have gotten into ANY details, but details were posted (incorrectly) and are still posted. Then details posted (correctly) and are deleted. If anything take ALL the detail posts out, right and wrong?? Why take the time to delete the correct ones, and leave the false ones??

Originally Posted by BillR
Got a text from some one at the PR.

It's bad!! Worse case bad.
. Stuffed boat at 160+ and both went thru windshield.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:21 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
what is that thing, who designed that some car designer?
it's something my wife has two toilets and two showers to deal with my two boys on and a fridge the size as Montana.

http://www.azimutyachts.com/

Italian design and Caterpillar engineering, basically the best to spend weeks in the Bahamas when Vermont is freezing...

The whole family has loved it for years.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by mlb75
Not to be a naysayer or conscience police but to order the pics and then take pics or scan them and send back the originals to avoid paying for them is a little low. Ever run a helicopter or airplane? It's not cheap, and if people don't buy the pics or scam them it only makes the price of the pics go up for those that want them. Now if you order the pics and they aren't decent quality then sure send them back with a clear conscience, they shouldn't be trying to sell low quality pics for top dollar but if it's a good pic and you want it pay the guy...
i agree 100%, i have pics of two of my boats from boatpix and am pretty happy with them. Were they pricey? i guess it depends how you look at it, i dont think they were. There is no other way i could have gotten pics like that any other way and it has to be worth something. I think they were worth what i paid and really didnt have any trouble with the process, how hard is it to follow simple instructions. Do they aggressively market to you? I suppose but again, pretty simple instructions. They have been around for a while, they gotta be doing something right i see boatpix shots in friends offices all the time.

It floors me how people think that getting a shot is just pointing a camera in some random direction and hitting a button. Theres a whole lot that goes into getting just one good pic, i learned this by watching guys like Tim, Jeff, Jay, etc . ... truly an art. I see people photoshop out watermarks regularly and think that is total BS. It would be about the same as if i developed some graphics renderings for a customer and they just took them to someone else to have done.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 09-09-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They took some pictures of Planetman back when we were racing. I contacted them about their pictures, got the run around so never ended up purchasing any. They were very expensive back then. I was not impressed.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keegan
What about the guy who posted this, are these not details of the accident? Not to mention they are wrong and the whole 15+ pages and who knows how many people were spreading that story at the time. Boatpix did nothing more than this guy except for say what actually happened, since he was there, has pics, whatever...If the whole world was going off those original details (and were posted) then I probably would have posted that his details were wrong as well. If your mad at boatpix for saying details, say the same to everyone else, especially this guy for posting something he heard from a "text".....If details were posted, and were wrong, then why not have the correct details posted?

p.s. - I personally do not think that thread should have gotten into ANY details, but details were posted (incorrectly) and are still posted. Then details posted (correctly) and are deleted. If anything take ALL the detail posts out, right and wrong?? Why take the time to delete the correct ones, and leave the false ones??
I think most of us agree that when something like this happens that certain details, and speculation need to be left for another time and place, and the one you quoted above would fall in that category as well.. As for what details have been deleted, not deleted, which ones are true, false, ect.. ect.. I certainly can't speak for because no I was not there and obviously didn't see it happen, nor do I have any control or influence around here as to what stays up & what goes away.. And yes there's a very good chance that the details boatpix posted were indeed correct, and that he has the pictures to prove it.. But again the problem I had with him in particular was the manner in which he posted what he did and the Complete lack of respect he had by doing it, which I can only assume was a good part of why it was deleted..

We all obviously have and are entitled to our own opinions, and draw our own conclusions on whatever matter is given, but his lack of character, integrity, and shear lack of respect for a deceased man's wife combined with the rather shady business practices mentioned throughout this thread is enough to qualify as a douche bag in my book..