Notices

Boat Pix

Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GETTINBYE
Interesting Topic,

Years ago I ran a poker run and there was a helicopter taking photos. I never spoke with anyone from the pic company nor requested/ordered and pics. Sometime later I get a package from this company containing some pics of my boat during this poker run. I can only assume they got my contact info from the event orginizer at the time. The pics were not bad but not great either except for the price list on the enclosed price sheet.

Remember at this point the company sent the pics to me on their own. Nice gift. NOT. Next thing I know another contact from this company stating either return the pics, pay, or be taken to court.

I will leave it to educated guess as to which company this was.

Found it a very ammusing way of conducting business!

Take Care.

Be Careful.

Mark
If they actually send You pictures in the mail and you never requested them they are yours to keep
Federal law prohibits them from enforcing any payment on unsolicited mailings and are then considered a gift
they may threaten but they know they cant do anything about it
Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

BOATPIX requires a credit card to see pictures and we've done it this way since about 2006. From 1991 to 2005 you simply had to sign your name or request pictures online. Some folks would forget that they signed with ink or with an ip address. If anyone wants to suggest a poker run for us send me an email at [email protected]. Coincidentally, we are in Key West this week with a helicopter. Meet you at Sloppy Joes!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Registered

There is a previous post that lists some incorrect pricing and some opinions. Our pricing is clearly listed on the website. We are the least expensive helicopter boat photography business in the world. Also, the largest.

Last edited by boatpix; 09-08-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry but I don't think anybody really gives 2****s !!! Your a heartless azzhole !!!! ,.I..
Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Registered

I had a line for six straight hours of people buying pictures at a poker run tonight. This is pretty normal for us. Guess you didn't make it? We have a happy and fun business.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

really impressive..
Attached Thumbnails Boat Pix-azzhole.png  

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 09-08-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well thry did ask before posting pics of the crash at Cumberline. I thought that was very classy. Thanks Boatpix
Old 09-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i have boat pixs pics hanging on my office wall from 2 of my boats. they were not cheap, but what in boating is? and i wanted them. they also cost less than the airplane picture of our house my wife bought from a guy coming door to door with pics. also agree classy not to post pics of Cumberland crash in that post.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Registered

Yeah, was at a Poker Run, got pics in the mail, not the greatest but fair pics, too expensive for that level of shots, sent them back... The end.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

If your around Detroit,, Toledo, Cleveland etc... for thousand dollar price of the boat prix digital file I can get you 2 hours of helicopter time and more pix than you can count..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.