Like Tree0Likes

Deadliest Catch

Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: cruiser atm

Have to admit that I am falling off the bandwagon as well. The whole drama with the northwestern (Sig) was overdone just a bit. They are trying too hard to "make" the show better now rather than just show what it is like on the Bearing sea. The rescue of the guy on the container ship was overdone.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Useless member of society
VIP Member

My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302, '03 Lip-Ship Cigarette Gladiator

Too many shows based in Alaska. Between losing Phil Harris, then the legal drama with the Fusco brothers, who has time to follow anymore
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1989 Wellcraft Scarab III

Sad to say, when Phil died I lost interest in the show. The whole Northwestern stuff seems fake as hell.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

My Boats: 1998 Scarab

I can't believe Phil lived as long as he did. A case of Red Bull and 5 packs of butts a day, a recipe for disaster. Anyway, I've been watching some new show that's on. It's called "Miami Vice". 8 AM, every weekday. Unfortunately I'm kidding about watching it, but I do have it on while I'm getting ready for work. I get to catch a few minutes anyway
Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition

I watched the season opener.

I like Johnathan, Edgar, & Sig the best on the show.

The younger kid Jake on the Northwestern, that keep bothering Sig about wanting to run the boat, is REALLY getting annoying from what the season opener showed. He's always just spaced out when he's not telling Edgar or Sig that he wants to drive the boat. I know he lost his Dad AND sister, so I feel terrible & sympathize for him. He just seems so "wimpy" & whiney for some reason?

I think Phil's poor kids are going to get taken for that boat if they aren't careful. They rarely do anything that would indicate they have a clue, or that they're trying to get a clue, outside of smoking cigarettes & baiting pots.

The brutality of the job is what keeps me interested. That, and how they live together doing such back breaking work without killing each other.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

My Boats: '88 Glastron Carlson CV-23

i missed it....sounds like a show that's going bye bye. I've watched the Son of a Gun show and it's way over dramatized. They are not building anything special.....the whole biker look is a bad image for a gun show. The daughter is a bit too redneck for me.....tries to act like a big player with gun sales, Mike.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition

Without a doubt Sig & Edgar are carrying the show at this point. The loss of Captain Phil was devastating to the "storyline".
Old 04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

My Boats: 21 Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
I watched the season opener.

I like Johnathan, Edgar, & Sig the best on the show.

The younger kid Jake on the Northwestern, that keep bothering Sig about wanting to run the boat, is REALLY getting annoying from what the season opener showed. He's always just spaced out when he's not telling Edgar or Sig that he wants to drive the boat. I know he lost his Dad AND sister, so I feel terrible & sympathize for him. He just seems so "wimpy" & whiney for some reason?

I think Phil's poor kids are going to get taken for that boat if they aren't careful. They rarely do anything that would indicate they have a clue, or that they're trying to get a clue, outside of smoking cigarettes & baiting pots.

The brutality of the job is what keeps me interested. That, and how they live together doing such back breaking work without killing each other.
I agree with you about the Harris boys. I think the older one has a better shot than the younger one to actually take over. I think they said the younger struggles with addiction here and their and when you bring home a pocket full of cash after being at sea for a while, temptations to disappear for a week are high. I give them credit for getting back out their though.