Notices

From the archives

Old 10-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

We need more Shooters bikini pics.

And some more boats when you run out of those.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Mark......that isn't a guy, it's Betty Cook!
I think Mark was referring to the guy in the pic at the bottom on the motorcycle as Gaffrig Charlie
Old 10-15-2014, 06:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cole2534
I can't be the only one that really digs the high rise bikini. Am I?
No

Just proves you were a product of the 80s

Notice the girls all look wholesome and beautiful and a little shy unlike the girls tattooed from end to end of today that look like they just got off a 3 day Crack binge.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What brand of boat is number 12?

Jeff
Old 10-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Yes that was Jim Gaffrig

Fun experience? Only if you call flipping the boat on it's side and almost having the blazer go over fun - lol

Gaffrig (rip) was driving, I was sleeping in the back. After fishtailing violently across 3 lanes of traffic we finally came to rest on the grassy median.

The boat was on it's side, the blazer was at about a 45 deg angle. I had a total of 8 ratchet straps on the boat and amazingly it did not move one little bit on the trailer. Thanks to the amazing people in Bowling Green KY we were back on the road the same night. No damage to the boat at all. Just some grass stains on the cover. We did break one bottle out of the 11 cases of champagne we had under the deck however.

Blazer had a couple of bent rims and a bent front axle. Guy at the local tire store hooked us up with rims and even found and installed an axle for a really reasonable amount. He even lent us his car so we could chase down the rest of what we needed. That blazer never tracked right after that, I think the whole frame was twisted.

Trailer had same thing on the one side, had the boat towed to a local trailer manufacturer. Again I was amazed how reasonable it was. I remember the bearing races had spun in the wheel hubs so Gaffrig and I found some bearings with a bigger od. Then we found a guy that let us use a lathe to bore the hubs out oversize.

Then a few months later I got a bill from the Commonwealth of Kentucky for a light pole that had been knocked down near the scene. But we didn't do it, and I was able to convince them.

Bottom line is even though we were stupid for towing with that blazer we were really lucky. Being from a big city the most amazing thing to me was how helpful everyone was.

This had happened at sunrise and we got back on the road by about 10 that night.

BTW - the blazer had a big block in it . Would tow way too fast!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:55 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Not sure on what #12 was. I think that was an Ohio or Michigan race.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hallj
What brand of boat is number 12?

Jeff
I was going to ask the same thing .

Nose looks like it goes into a high needle nose Chine like a Sutphen but it looks like it has too much freeboard towards the stern to be one.

The id on the photo say Sanduskey 1978
Old 10-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered

Was that Spring Break of 84 that you were towing the boat down Marc?
Old 10-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

84 may be about right but we usually headed down in time for the Ft Laud boat show at the end of October.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Registered

Did you take it the boat down every year?

The reason I am asking is I followed you out of Saugatuck for a few miles back in 84 and than was down in Fort Lauderdale in Now that I think about it in 85 ,

Anyways I was walking around Lauderdale one night and heard a really sweet sounding boat coming up the canal and was shocked to see Bam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.