Like Tree0Likes

#6's and speedi-sleeve

Reply
Old 05-04-2011, 06:15 PM
  #11
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
TomFTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Glen Cove ,NY 11542
My Boats: 37 Outerlimits,42 Searay,17 Boston Whaler
Posts: 2,057
Default

Talk to Gary K. at GK systems he has a company by him that does a stainless weld and remachines them . I had him do my #5 prop shafts , they came out perfect . Tom
TomFTM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:25 AM
  #12
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
RMPRam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Plymouth, Mn. USA
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFTM View Post
Talk to Gary K. at GK systems he has a company by him that does a stainless weld and remachines them . I had him do my #5 prop shafts , they came out perfect . Tom
Thanks Tom. I can get shafts done for $375 ea. plus freight. It is a great alternative to an expensive new shaft.

Gary Kollofski
612-247-7081
763-473-8963
RMPRam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:06 AM
  #13
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,297
Default

Thanks Tom and Gary: good to know.
Dueclaws is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM
  #14
PF Marine
Platinum Member
 
Coolerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFTM View Post
Talk to Gary K. at GK systems he has a company by him that does a stainless weld and remachines them . I had him do my #5 prop shafts , they came out perfect . Tom
Gary also has some gearsets coming for wetsump #6's if anybody is looking.
Coolerman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:23 AM
  #15
Registered
 
SS930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: At the office.
My Boats: 1990 Donzi Sweet 16
Posts: 6,684
Default

I didn't realize there were so many options for refinishing the #6 shaft... good to know the shaft doesn't need to be replaced.

Any feel for the number of hours before this wear becomes a concern?
SS930 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:01 PM
  #16
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS930 View Post
I didn't realize there were so many options for refinishing the #6 shaft... good to know the shaft doesn't need to be replaced.

Any feel for the number of hours before this wear becomes a concern?
My wet-sumps currently have 476 hours on them. The first 270 hours with 1240HP quadrotor engines in front of them. I took them to Craig Colabella @ 358 hours just because I thought that I should. He went through them, checked everything and re-sealed them. The only thing that was found was that I had some minor pitting on one gearset. It was replaced.....and both shafts got the speedy sleeves.
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:04 PM
  #17
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
My wet-sumps currently have 476 hours on them. The first 270 hours with 1240HP quadrotor engines in front of them. I took them to Craig Colabella @ 358 hours just because I thought that I should. He went through them, checked everything and re-sealed them. The only thing that was found was that I had some minor pitting on one gearset. It was replaced.....and both shafts got the speedy sleeves.
Can't beat that!
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 PM
  #18
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
RMPRam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Plymouth, Mn. USA
Posts: 923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolerman View Post
Gary also has some gearsets coming for wetsump #6's if anybody is looking.
Thanks Jason. The gears that are in production are the LH lower set that was discontinued by Mercury for the wet sump #6 drives . I have 50 sets being made now and should be available in 5-6 weeks.

Gary Kollofski
RMPRam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 PM
  #19
Charter Member #232
Charter Member
 
Audiofn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Carlisle, MA USA
My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
Posts: 18,379
Default

These guys just did some welding on my snowmobile cylinders and replated them. You would think they were brand new! Not sure if they could help out but throught I would mention it.

http://www.mt-llc.com/
__________________
Put your best foot forward!
Audiofn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.