Mercruiser 575 SCI  info wanted >

Mercruiser 575 SCI info wanted

Notices

Mercruiser 575 SCI info wanted

Old 05-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOTRODREDNECK
blower should be rebuilt between 150 and 200hrs. hope like hell nothings broke, or you will be in the boat im in right now, and cant get parts to fix it. they run great and suk the fuel but who cares about fuel economy....... right
Parts are hard to get???
How hard do you run your boat? just curious how fragile these things are?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bill63
Friend of mine has them... Run.... Parts ie injectors and manifolds are very hard to find.
Have (3) manifolds all excellent condition. 1 fresh water only and 2 mild salt water use. Other parts too.

Don't want to hijack. Pm me if interested.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

parts for the blower are very hard to get. they dont make replacement parts anymore. my blower was in great shape with the exception of a cracked bearing retainer...... that is a common problem and the part is no longer available. im going to piece it together with used parts i located for this year and prolly a whipple or a 8-71 this winter. i dont run it very hard and it gave me no problems. i just sent it in for a maintence rebuild apx $700 and got the call that he couldnt repair it hopefully i'll get good news this friday.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

parts for the blower are very hard to get. they dont make replacement parts anymore. my blower was in great shape with the exception of a cracked bearing retainer...... that is a common problem and the part is no longer available. im going to piece it together with used parts i located for this year and prolly a whipple or a 8-71 this winter. i dont run it very hard and it gave me no problems. i just sent it in for a maintence rebuild apx $700 and got the call that he couldnt repair it hopefully i'll get good news this friday.
DMPE has been a good source for repairing these. Call Brain. Great guys to deal with.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
DMPE has been a good source for repairing these. Call Brain. Great guys to deal with.
I second that.. Darren Mayer Performance Engineering is great! Prices are cheaper that the blower shop, the MAKE parts that are not available. Also, the are top 3 in top fuel dragster superchargers... check them out... www.dmpeinc.com If you call, ask for Brian Deitz. He is a very good resource!!! They have done my blowers for my 575's and also added teflon strips along with some other little goodies.

Scroll down on the front page and you'll see the boat....

Last edited by teamsynergy; 05-12-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 256 in DMPE shop as we speak. Had already traded it for some other boat parts and after further inspection the rotors had already touched with less than 50hrs on it. At minimum it is a good idea to look down the throttle blades and see if there is any rotor damage. The blower shop does make a very nice 250 to replace the 256 but if you are going to go that route you may want to upgrade to an 871 like me!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered

Prior to me going with the DMPE, I had received a quote TBS and it was almost double what DMPE was charging. They are only 30 mins from where I live so that made it easier. I've got 30 hours on their rebuilds with ZERO issues!!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead
thats where my blower is at. its been there for over 2 1/2 months. hope brian calls me today with some good news for a change
Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

thats where my blower is at. its been there for over 2 1/2 months. hope brian calls me today with some good news for a change
Wow! I saw about 5 256s laying around there last week.
They were disasters compared to mine! I just cant wait 2 months for mine...it is already traded!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
Wow! I saw about 5 256s laying around there last week.
They were disasters compared to mine! I just cant wait 2 months for mine...it is already traded!
You just need to let Brian know your timeline. All is good there... busy of course... but GREAT service!