Man dies in boat accident on Texoma >

Man dies in boat accident on Texoma

Notices

Man dies in boat accident on Texoma

Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
Ok lets take the drunk part out of the picture, fair enough? Traveling at 65 mph at night across a lake is plain wreckless. Here in florida it would surely be a death wish with all the fisherman anchored out fishing.
I agree, pretty wreckless. The authorities are reporting now that he was drunk.

Photo from six old geezers website. Sounds like he was coming from Highport to alberta creek and missed alberta. He was probably looking to port for alberta creek when he ran right into the rocks.
Attached Thumbnails Man dies in boat accident on Texoma-66489.jpg  

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 05-10-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree its a big lake and at nite dark and very easy to get confused.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

My prayers go out to mr bain and his family, so tragic.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered

my father is the man all you guys are talking about. i was in the wreck and he was not DRUNK! he is not an idiot and did not get what he deserved you people are horroble.
he had lost his contacts earlier that day due to the wind and could not see so i was driving us home it was pitch black and we got lost i could barely see where we was going
we were going about 35 mph not 65!
i went down in the cabin to wake my boyfriend up to help us home and the next thing i know we had wrecked...

my father was ejected. i was rushed to the closest hosptial then medifighted to ou medical center i broke my neck and had a few other injuring but not to bad. chad had a sprang foot
i just cant stand that because the police say he smelled like he had been drinking everyone assumes he was drunk and that is not true.
the cause of the wreck is it was just to damn dark outside and we couldnt see! you just shouldnt be out that late that is all!
Old 05-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered

sorry for your loss.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by audrey45
my father is the man all you guys are talking about. i was in the wreck and he was not DRUNK! he is not an idiot and did not get what he deserved you people are horroble.
he had lost his contacts earlier that day due to the wind and could not see so i was driving us home it was pitch black and we got lost i could barely see where we was going
i went down in the cabin to wake my boyfriend up to help us home and the next thing i know we had wrecked...

my father was ejected. i was rushed to the closest hosptial then medifighted to ou medical center i broke my neck and had a few other injuring but not to bad. chad had a sprang foot
i just cant stand that because the police say he smelled like he had been drinking everyone assumes he was drunk and that is not true.
the cause of the wreck is it was just to damn dark outside and we couldnt see! you just shouldnt be out that late that is all!
Please accept my Condolences, I am one of the posters on here and only know what I had read about the accident. I want to thank you for letting us all know the facts of that tragic night. I'm praying that you make a full recovery from your injuries and know that nothing I could say would help make things better for you with the loss of your Dad, Jeffrey Bain. May he RIP
Old 05-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...you people are horroble...

... the cause of the wreck is it was just to damn dark outside and we couldnt see! you just shouldnt be out that late that is all!
We're not horrible, we are just frustrated at seeing another senseless fatal accident. Unfortunate situations like yours are played out for us here on this website each and every year. Someone reporting that your father was drunk was irresponsible, but you cannot blame our reaction to it. Even if events unfolded just as you described, it was still an irresponsible situation that led to the tragic loss of your father. The primary operator of the boat could not see, you were lost, driving at night at 35 mph. When you can't see, you IDLE!

We are also really unhappy because senseless accidents like this lead to more regulation and a loss of our boating freedoms.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I just wish everyone aboard had been thinking more clearly.

Last edited by Frequency; 05-16-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know the story, as I wasn't there. and you were. I have heard the same thing about the contact as you said and it makes perfect sense. Pay no attention to TexomaPowerboater, as he is a douche and has been ever since he joined this site. He makes judgments without knowing the facts and I apologize for him on behalf of all of the good people on this site. Your loss is profound, and please accept my condolences.

And contrary to Frequency's statement, accidents do not lead to our loss of boating freedoms, but rather, people like TexomaPowerboater that jump to inapropriate conclusions do. Losing a contact and slowing down considerably while you get your boyfriend from the cabin sounds sensible depending on the conditions -- again, we weren't there, and you were, and you know the facts. Heck - even if the toxicology comes back saying he was above the legal limit, anyone that jumped to that conclusion before now did so wrongfully.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Sorry for your loss, may your Dad RIP.
Dean
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I don't know the story, as I wasn't there. and you were. I have heard the same thing about the contact as you said and it makes perfect sense. Pay no attention to TexomaPowerboater, as he is a douche and has been ever since he joined this site. He makes judgments without knowing the facts and I apologize for him on behalf of all of the good people on this site. Your loss is profound, and please accept my condolences.

And contrary to Frequency's statement, accidents do not lead to our loss of boating freedoms, but rather, people like TexomaPowerboater that jump to inapropriate conclusions do. Losing a contact and slowing down considerably while you get your boyfriend from the cabin sounds sensible depending on the conditions -- again, we weren't there, and you were, and you know the facts. Heck - even if the toxicology comes back saying he was above the legal limit, anyone that jumped to that conclusion before now did so wrongfully.
Your such a phucking tool! This post is highly inappropriate. I was the only one on here that defended the driver. I only posted that the authorities are now reporting that he was drunk. So go climb back underneath a bottle and re read the phucking thread after you sober up you phucking *******.

The girl lost her father, can't you find another thread to be a keyboard bully on? Or are you just that self absorbed?

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 05-17-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.