Desert Storm Expanding in 2012

Notices

Desert Storm Expanding in 2012

Old 05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts
Default Desert Storm Expanding in 2012

A small-boat poker run wouldn't be a bad addition, http://speedonthewater.com/component...anding-in-2012.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
A small-boat poker run wouldn't be a bad addition, http://speedonthewater.com/component...anding-in-2012.
Well I personally think 10 days is a bit much because how many people can really take that much time away from work? On the other hand it will give more people a chance to make it to DS since it will be 10 days long. What kind of events do you put on to fill 10 days? I love the idea of the smaller poker run kind of like the monster bash. Well I'm sure whatever the out come for DS it will be supported by the performance boating community. Good luck and we will see you guys out there next year
Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

There's no way i could stay there for 10 days...
Old 05-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

10 days??? my liver couldn't take it

Last edited by HOTRODREDNECK; 05-11-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by Wet-N-Wild
Well I personally think 10 days is a bit much because how many people can really take that much time away from work? On the other hand it will give more people a chance to make it to DS since it will be 10 days long. What kind of events do you put on to fill 10 days? I love the idea of the smaller poker run kind of like the monster bash. Well I'm sure whatever the out come for DS it will be supported by the performance boating community. Good luck and we will see you guys out there next year
Your feedback—and the feedback of others—is essential for the organizers to have. As someone who covers the event, I'm in and out in a few days. Last year, a late flight cost me a look at the Street Party. This year, I caught the Street Party in all its splendor.

Can Desert Storm sustain itself for 10 days? In and of itself, probably not, but that's likely why the organizers are interested in teaming up with another event. And while I personally could not spend 10 days there, I do like the notion, as you've suggested, of having an event that's long enough to accommodate a wide range of participant schedules. Sort of like, or exactly like, a festival.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

I would never stay for 10 days... i'm good w/ 3 days... Personally, the only reason I go is to see all the big money offshore boats, Skater, MTI, Nortech, Cigs, dcb, elim, Spectre, Donzi, OL,and etc... and too meet the people lucky enough to have enough money to have those kinds of boats... I don't need to see the little boats.....After 2 or 3 days of a poker run, I'm ready to go home...

Last edited by PokerRun388; 05-11-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

this 10 day boating event is sponsored by Dr. Rafeal Jimeniz Liver Transplant Services. We thank you in advance for your patronage.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

PR388 I think your right about 3 or 4 days Cause it does cost a lot to do this event but it is an absolute blast to get out there & just kick it plus it gives me a jump start on my tan. I would only see these high doller boats in a magazine if I didnt make the trip so that is awesome in its self. I hope the fuel prices go down so I can do this again otherwise I will just have to win the lottery. When it comes to having fun what a way to go broke!!
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Your feedback—and the feedback of others—is essential for the organizers to have. As someone who covers the event, I'm in and out in a few days. Last year, a late flight cost me a look at the Street Party. This year, I caught the Street Party in all its splendor.

Can Desert Storm sustain itself for 10 days? In and of itself, probably not, but that's likely why the organizers are interested in teaming up with another event. And while I personally could not spend 10 days there, I do like the notion, as you've suggested, of having an event that's long enough to accommodate a wide range of participant schedules. Sort of like, or exactly like, a festival.
This year was the first time I was able to attend the street party also and I learned you go at night not at noon, LOL. I agree with everyone else that 3-4 days it good. Rooms at $150-$250 a night, fuel, eating and drinking this trip would cost $5000. I can appreciate their excitement and understand wanting to make it a bigger event but 10 days is too much too fast. I can see maybe trying to add a day or 2 if they want to try to expand the event and see how that works out. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
I would never stay for 10 days... i'm good w/ 3 days... Personally, the only reason I go is to see all the big money offshore boats, Skater, MTI, Nortech, Cigs, dcb, elim, Spectre, Donzi, OL,and etc... and too meet the people lucky enough to have enough money to have those kinds of boats... I don't need to see the little boats.....After 2 or 3 days of a poker run, I'm ready to go home...
So what do you mean by the little boats? Eliminator and DCB are very nice boats, but they aren't 48 footers. So would you consider them "little boats" and worth your time to look at? Well to enjoy the event you really need a boat out there. If my memory serves me right your the guy
everyone clowns on in here because he doesn't have a boat and only begs and dreams of riding on everyone else's high end boat instead of getting your own. Instead of dreaming make moves to set yourself up to purchase one someday, I am

Last edited by Wet-N-Wild; 05-12-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.