Notices

Best marine audio system?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best marine audio system?

Im sure this has been covered as I, myself have researched this on here. I'm looking to upgrade my system. Right now, I have a Boss MR1600W receiver with wired remote, stock speakers inside the cabin (not sure the make/model), Boss 6.5" MR650 in the cockpit and what I believe are 10" Pyle Hydra subs underneath the rear seat. There is an amp (Eclipse). I have been working on the boat & engine so a system is now on deck.

I've researched and everyone thinks highly of JL Audio but they are expensive. I'm looking for installing 2 more 6.5" speakers in the cockpit, next to the subs and disconnecting the ones inside the cabin. So it would be 4 x 6.5" speakers, 2 x 10" subs (if the Pyle subs dont work or suck) and an amp. I'm guessing the Boss receiver should be fine for now. Let me know what you think. I would also consider the Infinity speakers if the price is heavy.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rob Lee
Im sure this has been covered as I, myself have researched this on here. I'm looking to upgrade my system. Right now, I have a Boss MR1600W receiver with wired remote, stock speakers inside the cabin (not sure the make/model), Boss 6.5" MR650 in the cockpit and what I believe are 10" Pyle Hydra subs underneath the rear seat. There is an amp (Eclipse). I have been working on the boat & engine so a system is now on deck.

I've researched and everyone thinks highly of JL Audio but they are expensive. I'm looking for installing 2 more 6.5" speakers in the cockpit, next to the subs and disconnecting the ones inside the cabin. So it would be 4 x 6.5" speakers, 2 x 10" subs (if the Pyle subs dont work or suck) and an amp. I'm guessing the Boss receiver should be fine for now. Let me know what you think. I would also consider the Infinity speakers if the price is heavy.
I am running Polk audio momo series and they sound great. I think they are considered the second best for boat sound systems. As fas as for subs I think it depends if they will be getting wet or not. As far as the amp goes it all depends on what subs you run and how much power you will need.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep JL audio pretty good stuff
Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a look at the Focal 6.5 speakers, they are great choice. JL subs and Alpine PDX amps would finish up the system.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

focal is more expensive then JL, but great stuff
Old 05-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
focal is more expensive then JL, but great stuff
I have a buddy that is a dealer, Focal CVX 165's for $299.00 a pair. He's got 12 pair in stock ready to ship.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Love my Kicker Components with crossovers http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-06KM625...5247516&sr=8-1
Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
Take a look at the Focal 6.5 speakers, they are great choice. JL subs and Alpine PDX amps would finish up the system.
+1 on this set-up... all good stuff, no disappointments. Spend a little more on the front side and it will be worth it.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

there is alot of great sounding speakers out there for half the price of JL. It just depends on how wild you wanna go and how much you wanna spend. Alpine, Kicker, Polk, Clarion...all make great stuff. Component speakers (tweeter and crossover separate) will sound better than the 6 1/2s. make sure that your amps ohm load matches the speakers ohms. Just remember...theres always someone that has a deeper pocket
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for the feeback. Any opinion on Pioneer? I know theyre solid in auto and I know they make a marine speaker too. Money is not a huge issue, I just dont want to pay for a Ferrari when a Corvette will do. So far, everyone speaks like JL is the one to have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.