Like Tree0Likes

Night vision

Old 05-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 308 Skater w/ 300x's

I agree. I use my boat a lot and return home at night somtimes. I do not run fast at night however being able to head home at more than idle speed is nice. I have used both types of camera and they are both helpful. For me in addition to seeing other boats my camera will pickup boards, coconuts, see lobster pods etc. For a few more grand it can save serious prop damage as well as lives.
We all know how much aggravation it is once you ding that favorite set of props!
They are never the same.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: one slow Fountain, one fast ice boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain4402 View Post
before you buy i would suggest checking some out, somehow. I will tell you this the military is usually 25 years ahead of whats out for law enforcement and the public. So What I just used in the Army a year is going to be ahead of what you can buy specially at a 2 grand price tag. I would suggest thermal, because that way you can see everything and wont miss it, because with night vision on a low illum night you could miss another small boat until you got right up on you. This is definitely a nice tool to have a in the tool bag if you run a lot at night and could potentially save your boat or your life. But with that said you shouldnt be flying at night and if you are out at night you should probably have a good knowledge of the water and a chart plotter
He also needs to get a lot of seat time using a TIS.