Notices

Go Pro HD Tips?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
The camera comes with 2 housings. One has openings and the other has a tiny pin hole. He is using the pinhole one that gets sounds, but no wind noise.
I bought mine last year, but mine came two as well, but one with openings, and the other is sealed tight for underwater use, no pin hole in mine...
Old 08-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whenever I use mine on the boat, I always use the underwater case, which has no holes and is sealed tight. Although, it will pickup the sound and limit the wind noise. For the money, these little cameras are hard to beat.

Also, if you watch any kind of outdoor event, sports, X-games, etc, they are all using the GoPro's.

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Nice vid! Did you do anything special to avoid wind noise as I am impressed how little there is?
The camera comes with 2 housings. One has openings and the other has a tiny pin hole. He is using the pinhole one that gets sounds, but no wind noise.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Actually, I was using the one with the openings. I think that it wasn't so loud engine-wise because it was in front of my windscreen I am quite impressed that there is virtually no wind noise! My next video will be from the rear of the boat pointing backwards. I imagine that 1600 HP @ high rpm will be a "woody maker"!!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used mine the other day. Started off great with real clear video, then got a halo effect around center of camera after 4-5 minutes of recording. Is it building up condensation inside the case or what? Will sell what case I was using, thought it was the under water one.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chattviper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuuOL0MjysI

I like this set up the best....
Missed yours the first time. Nice vid and a damn good run! :thumbsup: