Notices

Underwater LED's

Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Installed the Seablaze III's this weekend. Super easy with the included templates. I love only a 1/2" hole and a lot of surface area on the back of the light to create a good seal.

Now if we could just get this thing done and in the water I could get you some pics of them working!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
Installed the Seablaze III's this weekend. Super easy with the included templates. I love only a 1/2" hole and a lot of surface area on the back of the light to create a good seal.

Now if we could just get this thing done and in the water I could get you some pics of them working!
LOOKS GOOD, CAN WAIT TO SEE SOME PICS OF IT IN THE WATER. I THING I'M GOING TO GO WITH THE SEEBLAZE 3'S ALSO
Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

hey stillcrazy, how far below the water line are those....
Old 05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered

they look pretty deep. instructions say 8 - 12". the murkyer the water the higher you mount them.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve Stepp from Velocity says the water line should be 2-3" above the red stripe, which was 7" above the light. So that would be 9-10" deep.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Registered

here is where i ended up having to mount mine. i didnt really have enough room to go on the outsides of the drives. and the center light is at the base of the center stringer.... couldnt go lower.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SlowPlay
here is where i ended up having to mount mine. i didnt really have enough room to go on the outsides of the drives. and the center light is at the base of the center stringer.... couldnt go lower.

That looks like a nice install
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

I met up with a guy in Havasu this weekend to check out the 3 Seablaze 3 lights on his boat and they looked great. He had the ones that are white and blue which I thought was a great option to have. I think that is what I'm going to end up using
Old 05-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Blue LED's Illegal

We had our boat on the lift in our dock. Our BLUE LED light was on and a few inches above the water line. The local law enforcement appears and informed us it was illegal to have a blue light. I informed them it was actually supposed to be underwater and add a light effect. He said it was still illegal even underwater They told me to change it to white. anyone else have this issue?

It did cause them to miss my son's potato gun thou!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skate
We had our boat on the lift in our dock. Our BLUE LED light was on and a few inches above the water line. The local law enforcement appears and informed us it was illegal to have a blue light. I informed them it was actually supposed to be underwater and add a light effect. He said it was still illegal even underwater They told me to change it to white. anyone else have this issue?

It did cause them to miss my son's potato gun thou!
This is a joke!!! They need to use their time more wisely. People can tell the difference in flashing blue lights on the top of a boat or blue lights shining underwater.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.