Notices

Underwater LED's

Old 05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Underwater LED's

I'm trying to figure out what led light company to use right now and I'm so concussed. No matter what way you go it isn't cheap so you wanna get it right the first time. I'm looking at the Ocean led A3's that go into the drain plugs but not sure how brite they are. Has anyone on here used them and have pics of them in the water? I want to run 3 light across the back of my 28' cat, but what lights do you think would work best for me? the one thing i do know is that i want to go with blue. Thanks
Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

You can check out coastalnightlights.com. He has lights that have been used by many fishermen for years and everyone likes them. He also stands behind his product. I haven't seen any better for the price.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MRoberts just put some on his 400ss and they are pretty sweet, pricey though! PM him, he can give you all the details.. There was a buncha LED threads that popped up in the last couple days.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

im in the same boat so to speak. i have sitting on my desk one of the lumitec seablaze 3 white/blue leds. havent installed them, but we hooked one up here in the office and they are FREAKING BRIGHT!!!! like blind you bright!

found a deal on them on ebay so that kept my cost down.
I have not installed them ON the boat yet btw!
Old 05-19-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I purchased two blue Lumitec SeaBlaze 3's for my boat restore but haven't installed them yet. I would have bought CoastalNightlights.com ones but wanted something that looked a little better when on the trailer. I got the lumitecs for $210 each from Northwest Marine Electronics.

One thing to note on the White/Blue Seablaze 3's is that when you have it set to either white or blue it is half the brightness, only full brightness when all on which is a white with hint of blue.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

has anyone tried the attwood led's that are currently being advertised on here? $179 doesn't seen too bad..... compared to some of the others.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cdail28590
You can check out coastalnightlights.com. He has lights that have been used by many fishermen for years and everyone likes them. He also stands behind his product. I haven't seen any better for the price.
Thanks I'll have to check them out

Originally Posted by SlowPlay
im in the same boat so to speak. i have sitting on my desk one of the lumitec seablaze 3 white/blue leds. havent installed them, but we hooked one up here in the office and they are FREAKING BRIGHT!!!! like blind you bright!

found a deal on them on ebay so that kept my cost down.
I have not installed them ON the boat yet btw!
Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
I purchased two blue Lumitec SeaBlaze 3's for my boat restore but haven't installed them yet. I would have bought CoastalNightlights.com ones but wanted something that looked a little better when on the trailer. I got the lumitecs for $210 each from Northwest Marine Electronics.

One thing to note on the White/Blue Seablaze 3's is that when you have it set to either white or blue it is half the brightness, only full brightness when all on which is a white with hint of blue.
Please get some pics and let me know if you like the when you guys get them installed
Old 05-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Registered

Do a search, there are several good threads on underwater lights. In alotta ways you get what you pay for and you need ALOTTA light to make a difference, especially in cloudy water.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

how about these that mount to the trim tabs or in my case to my extension boxes????

http://www.aqualuma.com/trim-tab.html
Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cdail28590
I have these on my Fountain CC. Great product at a great price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.