Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits "no disipline" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/255148-outerlimits-no-disipline.html)

dkwestern 06-07-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3420704)
North Carolina at the time and originally from NJ. It is now down in the Islands somewhere with the plan to hang outboards on it.

Need an update on that project when finished. Quads I hope.

Prime Target 06-08-2011 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3420697)
There's been a 37,39,42, and 46 No Discipline Outerlimits. Here's a pic of the boat going slow through a no wake zone yesterday.

I remember the 37 stiletto. I think it got renamed to "Shakin'" if i'm not mistaken. Saw it at the NYC poker run years back. It was a sweet looking OL.

Baja555 06-08-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by GoFastScott (Post 3420568)
Correct- but we all have a responsibility to all our fellow boaters to not put anybody in jeopardy. Last week in the Keys I saw a boater doing 80+ blow by a boat doing 30 in the channel enterance, missing him by approx 5 feet and getting them wet with the rooster tail- unfortunately for him, so did the Coast Guard. Don't know what they cited him for, but he def got a ticket, probably for unsafe operation. We all share the link of loving to be on the water, a little common sense can go a long ways. Imagine how you would feel if one of those dumbas$ jet skiers wandering into your way when youre running full speed past them? Whether you had the right of way or not, be a tough thing to live with if you kill somebody because youre in a hurry to get somewhere.

Not the point.. Just because he has a offshore boat, dont tell him he should use it there... as far as being safe.. I totally agree.. but what is one persons safe compared to anothers?.Obviously the guy wouldn't risk damage to his 300 +k boat ..how many times have we gotten the finger by some guy out in his boat that thinks we are going too fast. or faster than HE thinks we should be going...We all need to be safe.. no one wants to hurt anyone..And yes, there are jackass's out there.. we need to have eyes on everyone...

Stormrider 06-08-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Baja555 (Post 3424584)
... as far as being safe.. I totally agree.. but what is one persons safe compared to anothers?

Just ask the guy who is weaving in and out of traffic at 90mph, while traffic is doing 60.
If he's in a 911 Turbo or a Honda Civic does it really matter that much?
Or say he's doing 60 on the highway, where traffic is only doing 35.

I guess that is for the bay constable, Police, and Coast Guard to really decide.

I've seen some really dumb stuff out there, mostly Sea Rays(and the like).

No Discipline61 06-08-2011 08:30 PM

"No Discipline"Owner

Just like to know who Quicklt1 is. Instead of being a cyber tough guy, why don't you go home get your balls out of your wifes purse. If there is a problem come speak to me like a man. Some of us work hard for our money and can afford toys that other people are envious of. You are probably one of those people driving 50 mph in the left lane causing the weaving. The driver of this boat has taken the boaters saftey course.

PS: Learn to Spell. It is DISCIPLINE!

quicklt1 06-08-2011 09:34 PM

Tough guy?? i did not threaten anyone..BE SAFE..have a good summer..end of story..

smoker62 06-08-2011 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by No Discipline61 (Post 3424795)
Just like to know who Quicklt1 is. Instead of being a cyber tough guy, why don't you go home get your balls out of your wifes purse. If there is a problem come speak to me like a man. Some of us work hard for our money and can afford toys that other people are envious of. You are probably one of those people driving 50 mph in the left lane causing the weaving. The driver of this boat has taken the boaters saftey course.

PS: Learn to Spell. It is DISCIPLINE!

OK, that arrogance doesnt help your point.:kiss:

frankenstein 06-08-2011 11:55 PM

So many times I see that " scared to death " guy going through the channel, and he thinks he's the only guy that knows what he's doing, yet all he's doing is causing mahem for every other boat. I agree, every boater has the same right, but be courteous. If you're someone that can't handle all the craziness of the biggest channel around on a Sunday afternoon, than don't be there. There are plenty of other places to go. It seems that so many people that ***** about Go Fast boats being a hazard, are actually the hazard themselves. Sometimes slow is as dangerous as fast. Hitting the throttles pretty hard can get you out of traffic and potential problems way easier than slowing down and screwing everyone up behind you. ( Every situation is different and you always do what you feel comfortable with ). I'm just giving my experiences and thoughts, and everybody does their boating in different places, so I'm just going by my places.

Indy 06-09-2011 06:27 AM

What's with these Long Island tough guy routines here lately?