Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it! >

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Notices

Fastest single engine boat? Lets hear it!

Old 08-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
At one time yes.. 440 ci I believe. Current owner's setup ??
Oh so the boat has since changed hands?? Thats a big small block...Just curious, we have a little build going on to try and run that 100 mark, but it is always a plus to see a similar set up doing it already.. Def sounded like it had a procharger on it.. Thanks

John jr
Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
And for those that say they're going 20 MPH faster than you - except you just whupped them - my sister had the ultimate line back at the launch ramp once. We'd just totally walked away from a 24 Outlaw who claimed he was doing 86 MPH. When he asked how fast I was going when I passed him, Amy just said "Faster than you." Oh, hurts so good! (I'm doing 76 on GPS.)
I'm have a laugh reading all of these go fast comments. I have a garman on my dash and run into guys all the time that say they do 80 and I walk away from them. The first thing I ask them, is the speed on the spedo or GPS, but they want to believe the spedo. I always wanted to put in more power but money and drive upgrades keep holding me back. Any more I just drive it like a normal boat and just wax the FAST guys when they come along and want to beat me. Every once in a while someone in a similar boat will beat me (usually cats) but I give them a respectible run for what I have.
Mine is a 97 28 Eliminator Eagle XP. 509 Whipple 6psi, aluminum heads, basically stock motor with XR upper, IMCO SC 2" shorty lower, 30 lab bravo. It runs 80 on about any day and 82 with the right wind/gas/payload.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i drove my HTM SS-24 to 124.2 GPS on the limiter a couple years ago.. 1.24 drive / Lab 30p Bravo / 6200 rpm.

I was going to try a Lab 31 Hydro on it and Im sure it would have done 127 ~ 129 ish.

1000hp procharged 565
Old 08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Does anybody know if that Donzi-mighty mouse is running a procharger?? or what cube sbc he has??

John jr
mighty mouse has a 440 cid EFI small block with a procharger,,rumor is it could produce over 1000 hp but i think he had it tuned somewhere around 800 hp..

The new owner?? i think Scott pearson owns it not or at leaste thats where i saw it last in some pics that were poseted..

another sick video of him..the boat only had forward gear and direct drive..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jKhIXJ0fME
Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
mighty mouse has a 440 cid EFI small block with a procharger,,rumor is it could produce over 1000 hp but i think he had it tuned somewhere around 800 hp..

The new owner?? i think Scott pearson owns it not or at leaste thats where i saw it last in some pics that were poseted..

Wow, 1000 hp is serious in sbc form..LOl thanks for the info.. Hope to snag that 100 mark with a little less hp.. That boat is sick.. Ok back to our regular scheduled programing..

John jr
Old 08-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall

It made a bit over that on the dyno but in the boat the belt would not stay on in that setting, hence the 850 setting. At one point George was stuck at 103-104 @ 5,500 rpm ish. I asked him what the motor dyno'd at rpm wise and he said 7K so then run it up!! 113 mph then 120 then 124 at 6 something thousand rpm.

The boat was direct drive, no transmission. George said if you cannot dock an 18' boat by yourself you should not be boating. Chris Allard purchased the boat from George..
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Rik
It made a bit over that on the dyno but in the boat the belt would not stay on in that setting, hence the 850 setting. At one point George was stuck at 103-104 @ 5,500 rpm ish. I asked him what the motor dyno'd at rpm wise and he said 7K so then run it up!! 113 mph then 120 then 124 at 6 something thousand rpm.

The boat was direct drive, no transmission. George said if you cannot dock an 18' boat by yourself you should not be boating. Chris Allard purchased the boat from George..
Thanks for the heads up on the new owner,,its a big secret over on donzi.net..Scott pearson posted dash pics of a x18 a few months back and i noticed that is was mighty mouse (Boost gauge tel tail) but with a new paint job and a ,,all white with carbon fiber deck and boot stripes..after i mentioned mighty mouse lives he remover the pics..

Last edited by FIXX; 08-09-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

30 Activator 740 hp 32p stock 4 blade 96MPH
and you can run it in 3 footers at 70
Old 08-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Smitty, did you ever look at the bottom of your boat, the way it's designed
As far as hook or strakes, ? My boat has a narrow mini pad about 3.5" wide and 4 or 5 feet long, and a touch of hook that I think doesn't even contact the water once it airs out in the 90's. I'm not really a hull expert all I really know is I never had any positive gains from the box or shorty. I recently switched to 1.36 gears as a experiment in handling, sheared off billet vert shaft friday afternoon destroying the lower case as it cut its way thru and nicked up lower gears enough to scrap them, was actually a surprise as I wasn't pushing it at all, think I am going to just stick with the 1.50's, Smitty
Old 08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
friday afternoon
Well if you need another one to dial in I have a project for you....I threw alot of HP at it, stellings box, shorty and a few props and it is still not even close to where it needs to be. I need someone with more knowledge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.