Gas Caddies - Anybody use them? >

Gas Caddies - Anybody use them?

Notices

Gas Caddies - Anybody use them?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Solution Found!

OK guys I found the solution to my problem of what to do with 250 gals. of green Sta-Bil treated gas that was 9 months old still in my 42 Fountain unused this season. I didn't think it would last any longer SO...

I built a fuel transfer system using a Carter P4594 electric fuel pump. The pump is mounted on metal backing tie wrapped to the header with strong alligator clips to ground it to the engine block. I used 25' of 1/2" fuel line and wire to reach the recipient vehicle fuel fill and battery. That way the recipient vehicle, pump and boat are all grounded together, and the connection to the power source is a long way from any gasoline. Pump was primed using an outboard motor bulb pump. It works great and fills an empty Suburban in about 10 minutes. I run the boat's bilge blower with the engine hatches open and never even smell gas! Saving the cost of having the boat fuel scrapped and getting "free" car gas in the process!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Update!

My system worked perfectly. All 4 tanks in the Fountain are now sucked as dry as the electric fuel pump would get them. The cars have used all 250 gallons with absolutely no issues. Now will get some more Sta-Bil and refill boat with 93 octane and wait for spring!