Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/259880-looking-fastest-30-33-foot-twin-engine-vee-hull.html)

breakitout 08-11-2011 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater (Post 3474945)
Not sure who you are talking to about the ride in a Fountain. By your response, I can only assume you have not ridden in one.
Most performance V's do not jump on plane, some better some worse, high X's and large pitch props contribute to that.
Runs like dog****? one of the most efficient hulls going in any size. Compare speeds with equal power in same size boats. Fountains are usually as fast if not faster.
Poor manners at high speed? I have never had one of my Fountains do anything unpredicable at high speed.
Most people who ride in ours have never been over 100 mph on the water, usually their first remark is how stable the boat was, and didnt even feel like you were going that fast.
Many great manufacturers to chose from, few fit you needs, go water test yourself instead of relying on second hand information.
But since you own many faster, bigger boats, you probably all ready knew that.:drink::drink:

:drink: what he said.

breakitout 08-11-2011 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3475708)
Does anybody here actually have that set up and have confirmed those numbers?

I believe Powerboat tested it at 101 or right around there. :grinser010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QFHKKvAJGo

They are rare to see, but the rear power bolsters instead of the bench seat is a really cool option.

pullmytrigger 08-11-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 3475433)
Yet you did not know what the acronym BBC stands for?

Something smells a little like a fish to me.

Just sayin'

ya beat me to it Sean....post pics of your boats.

pullmytrigger 08-11-2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3475708)
Does anybody here actually have that set up and have confirmed those numbers?

I think Single With Twins boat will run those numbers.....I think it runs 103 gps and that would be in fresh.....I do remember him saying the thing is on rails.

Indy 08-11-2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger (Post 3476053)
I think Single With Twins boat will run those numbers.....I think it runs 103 gps and that would be in fresh.....I do remember him saying the thing is on rails.

That's what I was looking for, I'm skeptical of boat test reports especially if Reggie sets the boat up. I'm more interested in the real world performance. If it's been verified by a member then I'm cool with that.

A.O. Razor 08-11-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by breakitout (Post 3475953)
Hey dumb azz Sunsations have a large integrated swim platform too! Ever seen one? So does that make the 32 really a 30? :angry-smiley-038:

:chill-pill: dude.:angry-smiley-038:

What chris@uga said is 100% true. You loose about 3' with the beak and platform. Same goes with the platform on the Sunny, so that'll be about 34' for the 36' and 30' for the 32'. It's not badmouthing the Fountain, just info. If the O.P is talking "true" 30-33 feet of boat, this is info worth having and the 35 Lightning is within that lenght. Just stating fact, and I like Fountains.

Todd Hartigh 08-11-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by breakitout (Post 3475953)
Hey dumb azz Sunsations have a large integrated swim platform too! Ever seen one? So does that make the 32 really a 30? :angry-smiley-038:

Actually, yes...kinda...

The old 32 running length minus the platform was just under 30' which is why they were able to run the F1 class.

The newer 32's are I beleive 3" longer ?. That is what allowed them to run in the F2 class. Also the new 32's are not 32', they are 31'-7".
They all lie!

348SStb 08-11-2011 01:29 PM

So it looks like Pantera is offering the smallest boat with twin engines. Right?

I bet that 28 Pantera with twin 525s is a nice piece. Apparently they built at least one boat this way - what does she run?

The Pantera looks like it has a reasonable hull weight. Anyone care to comment on their bottom design and also the true length of their "28"? It looks pretty big actually.

302Sport 08-11-2011 02:29 PM

28 Pantera Staggered 525/Arneson setup......that boat would break a lot of big boats hearts