Just Bought a 1978 Cary 50 >

Just Bought a 1978 Cary 50

Notices

Just Bought a 1978 Cary 50

Old 08-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I'd say general discussion is the proper forum.
I know the headache of a long distance purchase.
I contracted a purchase in January and wasn't able to get my surveys/seatrial until mid May due to the long winter they had.
Getting the boat from New Hampshire to Texas was the easiest part of my transaction thanks to OSO member Pat at OSP tranport. If your looking for a good service and he's local at the moment you can't go wrong utilizing his service. He's based up in Maryland but hauls boats all over the northeast and southeast. He quoted me right to the minute when he'd be at our marina over 2000 miles away 2 days prior when he picked up the boat. WOW !!!

Post some pic's, we'd love to see this boat.

See ya,
Kelly
Can you poat his info?

I am buying in the next month or so and will more than likely needed it shipped here.

Thank you.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Can you poat his info?

I am buying in the next month or so and will more than likely needed it shipped here.

Thank you.
I know where you can buy a cary 50....lol...getting cold feet. Biggest boat I've owned prior to this one was a 25 foot center console. Getting a little nervous about this purchase. My wife and kids are driving me nuts to keep it but I'm getting that "what have I gotten myself into" feeling.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jas75
I know where you can buy a cary 50....lol...getting cold feet. Biggest boat I've owned prior to this one was a 25 foot center console. Getting a little nervous about this purchase. My wife and kids are driving me nuts to keep it but I'm getting that "what have I gotten myself into" feeling.
lol dont think i can fit a 50' on my propety and tow it too well lol.

I bet....50' is a LOT of boat.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got the boat delivered yesterday. Starting the bottom job and hopefully props will be ready this week. I'll put up some new pics when I get ready to drop it back in the water. Next week hopefully...........