Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat project coming to an end...pics inside! >

Boat project coming to an end...pics inside!

Notices

Boat project coming to an end...pics inside!

Old 08-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

1989 baja 235 force. One thing I really like is the cockpit size. My friends boats all seem to have very tight cockpit areas.

We really love it. We have 3 maybe 4 dinner runs already planned for this week.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember when that boat was sold....You got it done quickly. Congrats on the hard work and enjoy!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Congrats on your first boat . . . . . you may not know this but it will be the first of many . Resistance is futile! Just smile and let the sport take over your life you wont be sorry lol.

nice boat, looks like it came together pretty good. Enjoy!
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job! smokin hot *****es too.....! I too bought one of these boats and i loved it. It too was my first powerboat. Goodluck!

Last edited by 290enticer; 08-22-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Nice job and enjoy.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the comments. We did work like crazy people to get it done. We left baton rouge at 10pm on 4th of july and the dually never shut off until we pulled up at the boat at 9:30 the next morning. We did all the paper work, looked over the boat and were on our way home with in two hours. Drove straight back home with no stops and then the work began. It was right at 30 days when the boat was ready to start and thats when we started working through what seemed never ending bugs. I had bought parts from all over and didn't have anything to go off of so it caused for fitment issues etc. Once running the main thing was a heat issue and thats when I found out about the corrision in the bravo outdrive right at the plastic housing on the inside of the boat. 20 minutes later after making a low water pickup and trying to figure out the best place to put it we were ready to try it once again. All was fixed after that. We drove 30 minutes to the boat launch everyday after work to try the boat out and finally got it. Went back to the shop and installed the interior and nothing but gas stations and good times since!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
Thanks for all the comments. We did work like crazy people to get it done. We left baton rouge at 10pm on 4th of july and the dually never shut off until we pulled up at the boat at 9:30 the next morning. We did all the paper work, looked over the boat and were on our way home with in two hours. Drove straight back home with no stops and then the work began. It was right at 30 days when the boat was ready to start and thats when we started working through what seemed never ending bugs. I had bought parts from all over and didn't have anything to go off of so it caused for fitment issues etc. Once running the main thing was a heat issue and thats when I found out about the corrision in the bravo outdrive right at the plastic housing on the inside of the boat. 20 minutes later after making a low water pickup and trying to figure out the best place to put it we were ready to try it once again. All was fixed after that. We drove 30 minutes to the boat launch everyday after work to try the boat out and finally got it. Went back to the shop and installed the interior and nothing but gas stations and good times since!!!
and who says no one is getting into performance boating!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Pretty sure I saw you this weekend..... Welcome to the water. If you need anything around BR in the power boat world I maybe able to help you out Ive been around for a while.

Nate
Old 08-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Registered

Thanks! It was probably us as we were out friday, sat and sunday from 9am to 11pm all three days. It was nice to pull up at the prop stop and be allowed to park at the dock. LOL First time we went there I pulled up in my offshore boat which has a tuna/cobia tower on it (we felt out of place) and when I went to pull up at the dock they turned us away and said that dock side parking was reserved for speed boats. I dropped the girls off and had to park in the river and take the boat taxi to the dock. I felt like an out cast of society. We still laugh about it though.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cp5899
Thanks! It was probably us as we were out friday, sat and sunday from 9am to 11pm all three days. It was nice to pull up at the prop stop and be allowed to park at the dock. LOL First time we went there I pulled up in my offshore boat which has a tuna/cobia tower on it (we felt out of place) and when I went to pull up at the dock they turned us away and said that dock side parking was reserved for speed boats. I dropped the girls off and had to park in the river and take the boat taxi to the dock. I felt like an out cast of society. We still laugh about it though.

that's cool but I don't have to much good to say about Prop Stop. You can have my Dock spot there Ill never go back.

No Point to go there when there's BRB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.