Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat project coming to an end...pics inside! >

Boat project coming to an end...pics inside!

Notices

Boat project coming to an end...pics inside!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boat project coming to an end...pics inside!

I found the boat on this website about 2 months ago and my girlfriend and I left baton rouge louisiana july 4 to go all the way to tampa to pick it up. I bought the boat from an interior shop that had redone all the interior in the boat and cuddy. We were nervous driving so far for a boat that we had only seen a few pictures of, but when we got there we were pleased at how nice the interior and over all condition of the boat was in. It needed some tlc, but there was a nice foundation to start with. The boat had no motor in it, but came with one to use as a core or rebuild. We made the drive back with no major issues (trailer has seen better days...LOL) Then the cleaning started!!! The bilge was a WRECK with an inch of grease and grime!!! At that point I noticed the port side motor mounts lag bolts were loose in the stringer so I started checking every thing for rot or moisture!! Thankfully it was only that port motor mount and not all the stringers and transom. It was nervous as to what I would find, but all checked out fine. I ended up cutting an 18" section of cap off the top of the port stringer were the motor mount was to properly fix the problem. I again got lucky and only had about a 1 foot section of rot and it only went down 4" into the stringer (total height is 8"). I chipped out any questionable material and went back with douglas fir and epoxy resin to fill in the void in a manner I researched online and through a few boat builders. Then laided 5 layers of fiberglass mat and woven material. Finishing the bilge with white west marine bilge paint.

With the foundation all complete I was ready for the motor I had built the day we got back from picking up the boat. The motor is a 4 bolt main 454 that I had built with new crank, pistons, rods, rebuilt peanut heads with stainless valves, custom cam and a dual plane high rise manifold and all new acc. like starter, water pump, sea water pump, etc etc. Only thing I did reuse was the power steering pump and it seems to be working ok. Nothing fancy to get it running, but I have a blower motor in the works for a winter project.

Tons and tons of work went into cleaning and intalling the motor. Since there was no motor in the boat when I bought it I had a fun time figure out all the wiring, but to my suprise it was all complete. I did rewire the whole boats lighting while waiting on the motor to be finished. I went back with all led lighting through out the boat.

Well its no skater or 42 fountain, but it is my first power boat and I'm sure it won't be the last as I am already looking for a motorless 29 fountain fever to build next summer...LOL

Here are some of the pics and or first weekend out on the boat having a AWESOME time!!!!! We did our first poker run this past sat. and it was GREAT and will be doing more for sure!!!!

boat the day we picked it up. I'm not a football fan so it will get repainted in the coming months, but it works for now.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Old 08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice! any NEW engine compartment pics with the new engine? Good luck.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

windows out getting tint and painted some of the interior to try and update the look a bit

flush mount cleats instead of the factory above deck style

low water pickup I made in a pinch because of corrision issue in the outdrive. Thanks to the advice from members of this site!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Registered

bilge area after stringer fix and paint. Had some dirt and grime in there because we were cleaning something else and it ran down there...LOL

first start up video
Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

And now for the good pics!!!! The boat finished and the interior in!!! Plus some bonus pics of all the fun we've just started to have with the boat...LOL!!!!!!

My girlfriend with the boat after having lunch on the river a few days ago.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a huge Bucs fan. Support the team, but that wrap might be a bit much.
Good luck with the project.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered

first poker run and shirt to prove it...LOL

fun day on the boat

Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

I want to thank all the members who have helped with all my questions along the way. There have been quite a few!! Also to the guys I've bought stuff from and helped with fast shipping so I could get the boat done before summer being over. I still have a few issues that need to be worked out like trim not working at speed and trying to find the right prop, but its on the water and thats what matters!! The trim I found out is a leaking pressure line.

I don't have any motor pics, but I will get some and post them.

heres a pic of cuddy before all the led stip lighting and new led light in the front of the cuddy. Again I'm not a football fan so will find a way to get rid of the football in there, but its not so bad! Its all new and clean so thats a plus!!!!!

Heading back from a FULL day on the water!!

In the last two weekends (fri, sat and sunday) we've already logged 35 hours on the new motor so we are getting some use out of the boat.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered

Even though I live and boat in saints territory I only had a hand full of who dat comments due to the buc wrap. It doesn't bother me because the wrap isn't effecting my fun so all is well!! For the most part people have been thumbs up due to the skulls I guess?? I think most people don't even see the buccanneers on the front...???

Thanks again everyone for all the help!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.