OSO Crew at Smoke On The Water >

OSO Crew at Smoke On The Water

Notices

OSO Crew at Smoke On The Water

Old 06-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey Steve how did your new drives work in the rough stuff?
Old 06-09-2002, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

They were great - much better ride and handling. Didn't get the chance to test top speed though since my rev limiter kicked me and told me to slow down. I did have a boat full. Also the drives pushed the boat up onto plane the same as on calm water. Just hold the revs at 4000 rpm for about 5 seconds and its gone. Throws a small rooster tail. Looks and sounds cool. Need bigger props to bring the r's back down to arround 5300 to 5400. At 5700 at WOT now on calm water with the 26 BRAVO's.
Old 06-09-2002, 09:45 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

sounds great!!!!!
Old 06-09-2002, 10:20 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red Stripe,

Some very nice pictures. Thanks for putting mine in there.

As we were looking at the boats after lunch, we stopped to ooh and ahh at the Nor Tech. It has four BBC with the words "Nor Tech Super Natural 625" on the spark arresters. A lady standing there said I could have her seat on the boat for the afternoon run. Thinking I must have misunderstood her I looked at her and asked if she was riding on the boat. She said she was so I asked if she wasn't having any fun? She said it was OK but, an hour at 90 MPH with the noise and the wind was enough for her. Very nice lady. I wish she hadn't been joking!
Old 06-09-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Boy that was a fun day!!
Tinkerboater, I could have swore that I took a picture of your boat too but I have no idea what happened to it. I know Tigger took one too so I hope he gets on here and posts his. He rode shotgun for the day and took a ton of pics!!

MACDAD260, No problem!! Good thing we switched sides for those pics because the first couple didn't turn out. Good thinking!!

We sure had a blast hanging out and chatting with everyone and cant wait to do it again!!
Old 06-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Registered

The poker run was awesome ....what little we saw of it !

It all started Friday night. As we roll into Holland (staying at my friends relatives house) at around 10.30pm we stop and gas up the boat. Well I do my normal routine of visually inspecting the trailer.... I look at the first wheel (of six)on the trailer and there is grease all over it. upon closer inspection I see that the bearing is gone and so is most of the hub. WONDERFUL ! Theres nothing we can do that night so we go to the relatives and catch some sleep for an early start in the morning.
We actually beat the OSO people to the ramp and find a slip for the boat so we can fix the trailer. (wheel has fallen off by now) Thanks to DonziMitch we have a number for a RV/trailer place. We go there and much to are surprise they don't have the parts . We end up in Grand Rapids and thanks to some nice people there we found a welder to fix (spindle was shot) the axle for us. We FINNALY make it to Grand Haven just as the Poker run fleet is leaving. I saw Rambunctious and DonziMitch's boat on the wall but couldn't see them. My friend wanted to run along with the fleet so we ran the last two legs with them. What unbelievable machinery !!!! I don't even want to look at my boat sitting in the driveway.
After cruising around out on the lake we came into Grand Haven for some dinner and to check out the boats.

Here's a list of my favorite boats.

For the V's it would have to be the 41 Apache "Renagade" Call me old school but I still have wood over that boat. SOMEDAY !!!!!

For the cats I really liked that all white 46? Skater with the single pod canopy. That also takes the winner for the best sounding ! Gotta love the sound of a N/A motor making big power ! What is the story on that boat ?

That 46 Tiger w/ Torques was really cool sounding as he past us.
All the boats where really cool though.

I did see some of the OSO members boats but was unable to hook up with anyone.
We were in a 31 Scarab "Thunder" with red ,yellow and purple graphics.....and "thunder" on the side in the same colors.

I would have to say the lake was a solid 2-3 's maybe a little more the further north we went.
Old 06-10-2002, 10:12 AM
Registered

Hey Mitch or Rambunctious,
That 50 something foot Hy-lite that was at the run , is that the one that runs high 70's ?
On the way back from the last leg we saw him cruising at around 50mph
Old 06-10-2002, 10:30 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I raced him to Muskegon from G.H last summer and he runs about 72-74 on my Gps....and thats flying for that huge thing!!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 10:34 AM
Registered

Okay I'll take one

A 75 mph condo on the water !!! Yeah Baby !

I wonder what it has for power ?
Old 06-10-2002, 10:56 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

2X1400 hp. caterpillar's.......takes him a while to get on plane(surface drives) but then look out!!!!

Quick Reply: OSO Crew at Smoke On The Water

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.