OSO Crew at Smoke On The Water >

OSO Crew at Smoke On The Water

Notices

OSO Crew at Smoke On The Water

Old 06-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had a great time watching the SOTW- thanks to Dave and Barb (Crazyhorse) for bringing the boat up from Holland to Muskegon so we could it enjoy it for the first time this year in fresh-water. We have a little water temp/pressure problem with the starboard engine (impeller) that kept us from really running hard, but still had a lot of fun getting some seat-time in our new boat (the lake conditions Sunday were a little better for that)

And no, Mike (Waterfoul) is no "boat-*****" (I know you're only razzin' him)- we were very grateful to have someone go with us that had a lot of knowledge of the marina and whole area, plus we've all had broken boats before- it was a no-brainer to have him with us. Thanks Mike!

It was nice to see a lot of West Michigan boaters again- especially on the water this time! If you haven't had the opportunity to boat with these folks, take the time to do it. They're a fun group, and the east coast of Lake Michigan is a boaters' paradise!

Great Lakes Marina is a great place; very clean and oraganized- we have left the boat there so a local shop can get some canvas work done. We can't wait to get up there again in the very near future!
Jim
Old 06-11-2002, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my .02

First a very special thanks to redstripe(todd)and his wife for taking me out sat. I had an absolute blast!!!!!!
nothing like nearly 100 performance boats screaming across the big pond, to give you that little kid feeling..........
I also want to thank flylevel, tinkerboater for taking time to encourage my first venture into boating.
It was also nice to once again talk to jafo and mrs jafo, as well as the everpresent waterfoul, and also meeting btj88.
all in all it was an incredable experience...........thanks guys!!!!

p.s. illl be posting some pics in the photo section if i can get the puter to cooperate..
Old 06-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stacy Stevens was probably the gal you talked to on the Nor Tech, MASQUERADE" She graduated from highschool with me! couldn't believe it when she said hi. it is her boyfriend's boat. does over 100, and 50' long!!
quad 625's. I emailed here today to get more specs. gotta have more data.

no pics of the OSO Formula and Zodiac on the wall???? too bad we didn't get a little more organized. we were all within 300 yards of eachother, shoulda had lunch or something. next year, a more formalized plan.