Like Tree0Likes

42 Chief

Reply
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 PM
  #111
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: None of your business
My Boats: 37 Outerlimits INCOGNITO
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean stinson View Post
Not when they say it was!!!! lets try somewhere around the turn of the century but in all probability late 90's
Are you kidding me, late 90's? And it was sold as an 06?
richanton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:51 PM
  #112
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richanton View Post
Are you kidding me, late 90's? And it was sold as an 06?
Nope not kidding bro
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:56 PM
  #113
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Good night boys and girls have a wonderful evening
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:05 PM
  #114
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
So, since everyone is coming clean.....


What year was that hull actually pulled from the mold?

I would guess in the nintys as the formerly known NuTec
just the hull and deck.

The rear engine hatch was a new concept and designed by Bobbie, Mike,(Original owner) and myself with much imput by many others that were involved

By the way this has been explained before

Most everything else was unique to Chief, all components new but the hull and deck were pulled many years prior for Nutec

Mike knew the hulls history when he bought the boat . He knew that it had been pulled from the mold and then sat in storage untill Chief put it all together. Not sure why this is relevant and keeps coming up but there you have it

Last edited by boatme; 09-28-2011 at 10:09 PM.
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 PM
  #115
Registered
Trade Score: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Port Richey, Florida
My Boats: 1978 Cigarette 24 - APBA A-46 "Lap Dancer", 1989 Scarab Excel 28
Posts: 725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean stinson View Post
I dont think the actual builder would like being compared to Mickey Mouse boat building as he is a very reputable boat builder
No offense ever intended to any reputable builder, I have nothing but respect for those that do it "right".

I must have missed the parts about them in this thread,....still in shock from all I have read about this full bird cluster frack.

BUT, hopefully they have a sense of humor too, it was only intended as a light hearted joke in the context of 85% of this thread!!

78CIG24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 PM
  #116
BRT
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 147
Default

What happened to the other hull(s) that were in storage?
BRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
  #117
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRT View Post
What happened to the other hull(s) that were in storage?
I am pretty sure they have them somewhere with the mold
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 PM
  #118
Registered
 
pappo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Spring Lake, MI
My Boats: Sold 42' Chief Warrior
Posts: 95
Default

The real builder of the boat is a very reputable gentleman. The whole problem was you had an under-capitalized company trying to be bigger than it was. First snafu that came along and they were out of money. I can only imagine that it was hard to build it right if there was no money to do so.

The major thing I have with the whole deal was that they never owned up to their issues or problems. It was always some wild story about how this company was delaying them or how that company couldn't deliver. I have hundreds of emails from the guys and I actually was reading through them today. I'm saving it for a book when I get old and need something to do over the winter.

If they would have been up front with me I would have worked with them. After all, what's the cost of capital on about 300k over 2 years? I would have brought some extra cash to the table to get it done instead of losing 2 years of boating. We could have come to some agreement for exchange in stock or sale of a next boat.

Instead, they chose the road of deception and killed it for everyone.
pappo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 AM
  #119
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappo View Post
The real builder of the boat is a very reputable gentleman. The whole problem was you had an under-capitalized company trying to be bigger than it was. First snafu that came along and they were out of money. I can only imagine that it was hard to build it right if there was no money to do so.

The major thing I have with the whole deal was that they never owned up to their issues or problems. It was always some wild story about how this company was delaying them or how that company couldn't deliver. I have hundreds of emails from the guys and I actually was reading through them today. I'm saving it for a book when I get old and need something to do over the winter.

If they would have been up front with me I would have worked with them. After all, what's the cost of capital on about 300k over 2 years? I would have brought some extra cash to the table to get it done instead of losing 2 years of boating. We could have come to some agreement for exchange in stock or sale of a next boat.

Instead, they chose the road of deception and killed it for everyone.
Mike
Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of meeting you but you seem to be one hell of a stand up guy!!! I really feel your pain because I have worn the black marks from the owners long enough and at the end of the day like I said before money or the lack of is what destroyed Chief Powerboats all the lies and deceptions were just icing on the cake!!!! It would be an honor to meet you sometime and have a cocktail together!!!
Sean
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 AM
  #120
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78CIG24 View Post
No offense ever intended to any reputable builder, I have nothing but respect for those that do it "right".

I must have missed the parts about them in this thread,....still in shock from all I have read about this full bird cluster frack.

BUT, hopefully they have a sense of humor too, it was only intended as a light hearted joke in the context of 85% of this thread!!

I wasn't slamming you bud I just was making the fact known that the boat was built by a reputable builder sorry if the way I chose my words wasn't the best way to convey that fact!!!
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.