Notices

42 Chief

Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
Not when they say it was!!!! lets try somewhere around the turn of the century but in all probability late 90's
Are you kidding me, late 90's? And it was sold as an 06?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by richanton
Are you kidding me, late 90's? And it was sold as an 06?
Nope not kidding bro
Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Good night boys and girls have a wonderful evening
Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
So, since everyone is coming clean.....

What year was that hull actually pulled from the mold?

I would guess in the nintys as the formerly known NuTec
just the hull and deck.

The rear engine hatch was a new concept and designed by Bobbie, Mike,(Original owner) and myself with much imput by many others that were involved

By the way this has been explained before

Most everything else was unique to Chief, all components new but the hull and deck were pulled many years prior for Nutec

Mike knew the hulls history when he bought the boat . He knew that it had been pulled from the mold and then sat in storage untill Chief put it all together. Not sure why this is relevant and keeps coming up but there you have it

Last edited by boatme; 09-28-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sean stinson
I dont think the actual builder would like being compared to Mickey Mouse boat building as he is a very reputable boat builder
No offense ever intended to any reputable builder, I have nothing but respect for those that do it "right".

I must have missed the parts about them in this thread,....still in shock from all I have read about this full bird cluster frack.

BUT, hopefully they have a sense of humor too, it was only intended as a light hearted joke in the context of 85% of this thread!!

Old 09-28-2011, 09:15 PM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happened to the other hull(s) that were in storage?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by BRT
What happened to the other hull(s) that were in storage?
I am pretty sure they have them somewhere with the mold
Old 09-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The real builder of the boat is a very reputable gentleman. The whole problem was you had an under-capitalized company trying to be bigger than it was. First snafu that came along and they were out of money. I can only imagine that it was hard to build it right if there was no money to do so.

The major thing I have with the whole deal was that they never owned up to their issues or problems. It was always some wild story about how this company was delaying them or how that company couldn't deliver. I have hundreds of emails from the guys and I actually was reading through them today. I'm saving it for a book when I get old and need something to do over the winter.

If they would have been up front with me I would have worked with them. After all, what's the cost of capital on about 300k over 2 years? I would have brought some extra cash to the table to get it done instead of losing 2 years of boating. We could have come to some agreement for exchange in stock or sale of a next boat.

Instead, they chose the road of deception and killed it for everyone.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by pappo
The real builder of the boat is a very reputable gentleman. The whole problem was you had an under-capitalized company trying to be bigger than it was. First snafu that came along and they were out of money. I can only imagine that it was hard to build it right if there was no money to do so.

The major thing I have with the whole deal was that they never owned up to their issues or problems. It was always some wild story about how this company was delaying them or how that company couldn't deliver. I have hundreds of emails from the guys and I actually was reading through them today. I'm saving it for a book when I get old and need something to do over the winter.

If they would have been up front with me I would have worked with them. After all, what's the cost of capital on about 300k over 2 years? I would have brought some extra cash to the table to get it done instead of losing 2 years of boating. We could have come to some agreement for exchange in stock or sale of a next boat.

Instead, they chose the road of deception and killed it for everyone.
Mike
Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of meeting you but you seem to be one hell of a stand up guy!!! I really feel your pain because I have worn the black marks from the owners long enough and at the end of the day like I said before money or the lack of is what destroyed Chief Powerboats all the lies and deceptions were just icing on the cake!!!! It would be an honor to meet you sometime and have a cocktail together!!!
Sean
Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
No offense ever intended to any reputable builder, I have nothing but respect for those that do it "right".

I must have missed the parts about them in this thread,....still in shock from all I have read about this full bird cluster frack.

BUT, hopefully they have a sense of humor too, it was only intended as a light hearted joke in the context of 85% of this thread!!

I wasn't slamming you bud I just was making the fact known that the boat was built by a reputable builder sorry if the way I chose my words wasn't the best way to convey that fact!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.