Notices

Magic vs. Nordic?

Old 09-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been eyeing that one, it's one bad ass looking boat I might have to get more serious about looking once I have my job change completed. I've been in research mode so far.

I like to do some winter boating, like February where it's a frigid Texas 60 and it looks like that boat will be putting a ton of wind in my face. Is that accurate?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only if you stand up! The seat placement and height is designed to have pretty good coverage when you're sitting, you don't even feel the wind.

Deflectors work well, for the driver and passenger, those sitting on the rear bench, not so much. I thought about putting some on, but I don't mind the wind at all.

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
I've been eyeing that one, it's one bad ass looking boat I might have to get more serious about looking once I have my job change completed. I've been in research mode so far.

I like to do some winter boating, like February where it's a frigid Texas 60 and it looks like that boat will be putting a ton of wind in my face. Is that accurate?

Last edited by bert4332; 09-29-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Dave, unless things have changed with Nordic there is no angled floor footrest, you stand flatfooted which is a drag after a while, part of its lake boat heritage for sure.

And the tanks on the 28 are side saddle tanks (unless again, Nordic has changed the designs) which never seemed very "offshore" to me.

If Nordic has changed any of these items I'll stand corrected.
they actually do have the angled floor footrests...got buddies with 98 models and newer and they all have a little angle molded in the floor up to the front
wall of the cuddy to lean on.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:17 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by will22
they actually do have the angled floor footrests...got buddies with 98 models and newer and they all have a little angle molded in the floor up to the front
wall of the cuddy to lean on.
Strange...my '02 had a flat floor with a raised footrest for sitting.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Strange...my '02 had a flat floor with a raised footrest for sitting.
you know what, that may be what im thinking...its a molded fiberglass deal isnt it? im only 5'-7" so i used that when driving theirs to give me a little extra height
Old 09-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is underneath the rear bench cushions on the Nordic?

The Lavey has a 50QT insulated ice chest that drains to the bilge on each side and in the middle is perko switch and pass through connector to raise the hatch if the batteries become drained.

UD
Old 09-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm

On the heat, the rear bench is one piece and flips up to reveal a nice open storage area spanning the entire width of the bench. That area also provides easy access to the batteries which are located under two drop-in removable bottom panels -- and the Perko battery switch.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Registered

That is another great thing about them, they hold A LOT of beer, drinks, food, ect.. dump the ice on them and at the end of the day, they're still a ton of ice left. Just pull the drain plug and I don't have to worry about anything else. The storage in the bilge is awesome, I have two of the largest bumpers made and they fit perfectly along with all the other stuff like the big tube, pulling ropes ect.... You don't realize what a comfort they are until you don't have them anymore.

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
What is underneath the rear bench cushions on the Nordic?

The Lavey has a 50QT insulated ice chest that drains to the bilge on each side and in the middle is perko switch and pass through connector to raise the hatch if the batteries become drained.

UD