Got mine in the mail yesterday...
Old 10-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Sleekcraft 20SST 2.5Merc EFI Offshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88242LS View Post
Got this notice today,,,

"Powerboat has suspended publication effective with the july 2011 issue

The good news is we plan to relaunch next monthand continue the tradition of Powerboat with the same trusted, informative and first rate content you've come to expect.

to receive the new Powerboat magazine you don't need to do anything! The November/December issue will be sent to you, and you will receive the appropriate number of issues remaining on your subscription.

Look for even greater coverage of action packed, fast paced boating lifestyle, plus new digital offerings. Thank you for your support as we move forward with the evolution of Powerboat."

I don't know but I used to get PB all the time, and then they started dwindling, so I gave it up, well my aunt got us a amazon card for xmas and really didn't see much for me so I said what the hell, guess thats biting me now we will see I did receive that last issue thou as it was my first since joining.
I think he was asking about Poker Run Magazine...
If anyone is interested, I just received a Poker Run Mag after 7or 8 months of bot getting one. My buddy who has a competitive magazine (better in my opinion) said they are still around. Not sure what happened all this time!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore Therapy View Post
I renewed my subscription back in June of this year (2011) the check was also cashed in June. I have never received a magazine. I have emailed them several times with no return answer. What is the normal turn time on getting a magazine? And has anyone else had this problem?
To answer your questions on Poker Run Magazine and not Powerboat, I received mine Friday. First time in 8 months...Hope this helps
Old 10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Sonic 386

You can contact PRA through their facebook page. I have gotten a response there in the past.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: '03 353 FasTech w/ 525 EFI's SOLD

I get my Poker Runs America mag every couple of months, including the most recent one about a week or so ago... I think that they stagger delivery throughout their subscribers because none of my boating buds ever seem to get the magazine at the same time.

I think it's a great magazine and I really look forward to every issue. I think one of the best features is that they give some exposure to smaller power boating communities (like Buffalo, NY) that other magizines don't even think about visiting, let alone publishing pictures of them.

Maybe they aren't as quick to respond to customer service inquiries because they're out boating!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Banned

My Boats: 42 fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavanti53 View Post
I think he was asking about Poker Run Magazine...
If anyone is interested, I just received a Poker Run Mag after 7or 8 months of bot getting one. My buddy who has a competitive magazine (better in my opinion) said they are still around. Not sure what happened all this time!
whats the name or Link ? can't ever have enuf reading matl
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

I have never received one magazine from PRA as promised when my images were being used. I would have to go out to Barnes & Noble to buy a copy if I wanted one.

Several people have contacted me to use my images on PRA's Cover and stated that it would be great publicity for me. I told them no problem as long as the image was paid for and that a Photo Credit be attached.

Past experience for a Miami Boat Show Edition, my image makes the cover and not a mention of any Photo Credit. I discussed this with a person working their booth at the show and they told me,"It happens way too often and you should be given the credit."

So much for the publicity theory.

My images in their magazine are useless without people knowing who shot them.

I would rather not have my images in the mag if they can't give the simple courtesy of a Photo Credit to the photographer.

After all, it is the content they are making a profit off of, and personally I don't think it is too much to ask.

My last centerfold 3 page spread in Performance Boats Magazine, they were kind enough to send me 20 Magazines at no cost to share with my customers. Photo Credit clearly printed on the opening page. Just goes to show how publishers can work so differently...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainfan42 View Post
whats the name or Link ? can't ever have enuf reading matl
Performance Boats Magazine is the best right now and the only one tha is on time and does what they say.

I don't even know what is going on with the others.

PB says they are coming back. They were good back when it had 100 pages but it got pretty lean.

I will stick with Performance Boats.

Here is the link you asked for:
http://www.performanceboats.com/