Like Tree0Likes

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Reply
Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
  #151
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Comanche3Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,273
Default

That's cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x4yx9STz9A
Comanche3Six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 AM
  #152
Gold Member
Gold Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,349
Default

Comanche, those Apache vids are amazing. Theres noting out there that can run that water at 100 MPH as well as the 47 Apache( Meshinsky boat). Even though the vid is 20 yrs old, I think its pretty amazing even to todays standards.

Last edited by kreed; 11-08-2011 at 08:52 AM.
kreed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
  #153
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member
 
4195's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Old Saybrook CT
My Boats: 2009 Marquis 50SC
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
Comanche, those Apache vids are amazing. Theres noting out there that can run that water at 100 MPH as well as the 47 Apache( Meshinsky boat). Even though the vid is 20 yrs old, I think its pretty amazing even to todays standards.
So what youare really saying is call BS on Pats comment that a 47 Outerlimits can do it
4195 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:45 AM
  #154
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,351
Default

Im going on my 4th year of OPA racing now...I started in a straight bottom 27 Avanti and Im currently in a stepped/padded Kryptonite. The Kryptonite is BETTER in rough water. Period.
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM
  #155
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member
 
4195's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Old Saybrook CT
My Boats: 2009 Marquis 50SC
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter42 View Post
Ok bud, technology has surpassed the straight bottom, we have color TVs now, efi injection, a sandwich made with pancakes instead of bread...5 blade props......imagine that haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RpzF3y7QIM&NR=1

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE OUT FRONT
Pat I love you but....you could do this same run in a hydro stream. I want to see a video of an Outerlimits tearing it up in rough water, who care that the boat runs 140mph in flat water.
4195 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 AM
  #156
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member
 
4195's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Old Saybrook CT
My Boats: 2009 Marquis 50SC
Posts: 2,678
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47VAeGUu6w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlqkaUzKJ50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA7m7hTsJsg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w50kbN0eT6A
4195 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:25 AM
  #157
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: west palm beach FL,
My Boats: yamaha sx190,yamaha exciter, yamaha ls2000 w c 255dc , 38sonic,38fountain ec,35outlaw,28pantera,27donzi zx ect
Posts: 3,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter42 View Post
Ok bud, technology has surpassed the straight bottom, we have color TVs now, efi injection, a sandwich made with pancakes instead of bread...5 blade props......imagine that haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RpzF3y7QIM&NR=1

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BE OUT FRONT
nice looking boat and very fast in that 1 to 2 foot water.
do you have any video of that boat catching some air in maybe 4 to 6 footer's , that would be sweet
thank's
mike
mikebrls is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:55 PM
  #158
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
WildThing47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CT, FL
My Boats: 47' GTX C/E Outerlimits
Posts: 1,988
Default

This thread turns down hill, do you think I'd own an OL if it didn't preform beyond all my expectations? I've run in seriously rough seas...the boat does what it should. I've driven a few other models, throttled......all in snotty weather...the boats do it Frank. Very well I might add... are you running in huge seas like that all the time NO..so why would you want a PIG of a boat to run around when 90% of the time, you're running in less than 3s...and here we go...now I'm going to to have to listen to every Apache owner, ***** and moan...I don't care...these threads are stupid...and always end up in the toilet..

Apache isn't the only boat out there that can...granted, it does it well, but it's a straight bottom with massive displacement, what do you expect?

Im glad a boat with no cabin, a 3 man bolster, 3 engines, a center crash box that weighs 16,000+ , oh and is 47ft long can run in rough water...well so can the 50 Mystics, are we going to start attacking mystic now?

Quick, let me rent a chopper and every time I go out I'll be sure to get some nasty air shots in big water, just so I can post them online...ha no offense to anyone but come on...you want to see how they perform...go for a ride in one...this is turning into a "no they didn't thread" just like the crap that was posted in the first thread when they won the race around long island...

Apparently you can't say anything good about Outerlimits...and it's quite stupid considering god forbid anyone say anything about Cigarette...everyone's a non believer...

Dan is dan, he will always respond, but I'm taking his side on some of the stuff he posts, because all he's doing is promoting the manufacture he's working for..and die hard loves..so what's so bad about that, if he worked for Cigarette, he'd BE GREAT...this is like a bunch of kids on the playground...and no, it's *ucking stupid...**** if it were Fountain...we'd hear it too...oh man, why do they have such great shots, because Reggie pissed away a ton of money making his RACE TEAM a poker run team...lets not even go there...

So there ya go...

after all....

some powerboats just need some heroes..... (that was just too tempting)

and that apache was NOT running 100...

Last edited by WildThing47; 11-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.
WildThing47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
  #159
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member
 
4195's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Old Saybrook CT
My Boats: 2009 Marquis 50SC
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter42 View Post
This thread turns down hill, do you think I'd own an OL if it didn't preform beyond all my expectations? I've run in seriously rough seas...the boat does what it should. I've driven a few other models, throttled......all in snotty weather...the boats do it Frank. Very well I might add... are you running in huge seas like that all the time NO..so why would you want a PIG of a boat to run around when 90% of the time, you're running in less than 3s...and here we go...now I'm going to to have to listen to every Apache owner, ***** and moan...I don't care...these threads are stupid...and always end up in the toilet..

Apache isn't the only boat out there that can...granted, it does it well, but it's a straight bottom with massive displacement, what do you expect?

Im glad a boat with no cabin, a 3 man bolster, 3 engines, a center crash box that weighs 16,000+ , oh and is 47ft long can run in rough water...well so can the 50 Mystics, are we going to start attacking mystic now?

Quick, let me rent a chopper and every time I go out I'll be sure to get some nasty air shots in big water, just so I can post them online...ha no offense to anyone but come on...you want to see how they perform...go for a ride in one...this is turning into a "no they didn't thread" just like the crap that was posted in the first thread when they won the race around long island...

Apparently you can't say anything good about Outerlimits...and it's quite stupid considering god forbid anyone say anything about Cigarette...everyone's a non believer...

Dan is dan, he will always respond, but I'm taking his side on some of the stuff he posts, because all he's doing is promoting the manufacture he's working for..and die hard loves..so what's so bad about that, if he worked for Cigarette, he'd BE GREAT...this is like a bunch of kids on the playground...and no, it's *ucking stupid...**** if it were Fountain...we'd hear it too...oh man, why do they have such great shots, because Reggie pissed away a ton of money making his RACE TEAM a poker run team...lets not even go there...

So there ya go...

after all....

some powerboats just need some heroes..... (that was just too tempting)

and that apache was NOT running 100...
Wow you need to let up on the coffee
4195 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
  #160
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
WildThing47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CT, FL
My Boats: 47' GTX C/E Outerlimits
Posts: 1,988
Default

haha oh christ....

Thanks Frank...
WildThing47 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.