Who is Still making a non stepped hull? >

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Notices

Who is Still making a non stepped hull?

Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter42
Don't slander OL....I don't see any Apaches in supervee unlimited....the reason is no one wants a heavy pig that runs 90 with 900hp....that's the reason...granted they are great, but don't make them being the end all and be all to the boating world...
hahahaha how true ,they won't hit 90 with 900s. so to stay in shape they have to go back to mcmanus, and get a bucket ploy resin poured in it. they just get heavier and heavier. I know a few sutphens and even bajas that are 20 plus years old, and never had to be gone through. I see mcmanus is copying OLs seat design. for vids one of many rough water is in p1 malta round 6 big swells with big waves. still looking for the 07 races but enjoying watching the OL/FOUNTAIN/DONZI kick azz in P1. they did bring a Apache over one year to cheerlead and wave the start flag. it was to slow to race with the above boat evo class cause they averge 115.. if someone would want a straight bottom 40 or 41/47 look at sutphen 40 and saber 41 /47. it will be straighter than a apache ,lighter to.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Video of Jerry in his non step 41 Saber. Saber currently builds non step high quality powerboats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6CcRZ37vNs

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 11-11-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
hahahaha how true ,they won't hit 90 with 900s. so to stay in shape they have to go back to mcmanus, and get a bucket ploy resin poured in it. they just get heavier and heavier. I know a few sutphens and even bajas that are 20 plus years old, and never had to be gone through. I see mcmanus is copying OLs seat design. for vids one of many rough water is in p1 malta round 6 big swells with big waves. still looking for the 07 races but enjoying watching the OL/FOUNTAIN/DONZI kick azz in P1. they did bring a Apache over one year to cheerlead and wave the start flag. it was to slow to race with the above boat evo class cause they averge 115.. if someone would want a straight bottom 40 or 41/47 look at sutphen 40 and saber 41 /47. it will be straighter than a apache ,lighter to.
Find the Videos? No....ok, it's back to the bs file for Air Time. And on with more of the non step thread.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 11-11-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
How's the testing with your boat?? Get it balanced yet and keep it from proposing yet
Old 11-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
if it looks rough..they will stay in their luxurious cabins and watch Liberace reruns.
What a dumb comment.

So what you're saying is, that you need to be a poor azz bum with taste for the lesser fine things in life to apreciate Apache? What is worng with a luxurious cabin and white wine? Why have a stripped out hull that will need twin 1200's to hit 100? How many of the OL's build through time is still around and looking great, includiog Pat's 42? If I can have both luxury and performance, why settle for less? Could it be there are no Apaches build simply because the demand is not there, and todays new buyers who spend big money on their boats wants new technology? I'd say that is a pretty safe bet.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 11-11-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
What a dumb comment.

So what you're saying is, that you need to be a poor azz bum with taste for the lesser fine things in life to apreciate Apache? What is worng with a luxurious cabin and white wine? Why have a stripped out hull that will need twin 1200's to hit 100? How many of the OL's build through time is still around and looking great, includiog Pat's 42? If I can have both luxury and performance, why settle for less? Could it be there are no Apaches build simply because the demand is not there, and todays new buyers who spend big money on their boats wants new technology? I'd say that is a pretty safe bet.
What I'm saying is OL does not seem to run well in rough water. But is extremely fast in small water.
Still waiting for that OL video in the 12' seas. Probably a no offshore powerboat genius like you has it! Post it then.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 11-11-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Commanche Id like an answer to my question
Old 11-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Commanche Id like an answer to my question
How about this....if you know of anyone building a non step powerboat. Post it. That's all this thread is asking. How about that?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
How about this....if you know of anyone building a non step powerboat. Post it. That's all this thread is asking. How about that?
Tuff Powerboats..

You really dont have the right to talk down about anything other than what you have experience with in my opinion...not saying you dont, for all I know youve owned em all
Old 11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Tuff Powerboats..

You really dont have the right to talk down about anything other than what you have experience with in my opinion...not saying you dont, for all I know youve owned em all
Truthfully...I don't want to talk down any of them. But, if provoked.....it's going to get cooking! It's that simple.

Tuff Powerboats......I'll have a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.