Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43 >

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Notices

Outerlimits Offering Don Aronow Limited Edition SV43

Old 10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this thread is heading in the wrong direction???

Old 10-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Hahahaha, maybe?
Old 10-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
I think the 399 skater bottom is faster than all of them. just my 2cents. The boat was the first boat with the two big steps and three little steps. The OL has it now. The skater was faster than any boat pound for pound against all competitors. They had to keep adding weight to make it fair. so before we get to carried away lets throw petter in to the mix
I was just about to say that, and this is from the Skater website-
"So successful was this hull in racing that the current "Outerlimits 39 raceboat" is almost an exact duplicate out our 399 bottom and does not even remotley resemble any other hull designs."
Old 10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by woogie
Matt - I have to wonder if this type of cross-branding would really appeal to someone who isn't already a go-fast boat enthusiast or owner. Chances are they they wouldn't even understand the branding connection ( far fetched as it is) and if they truly are a first time enthusiast chances are they wouldn't be purchasing a 43OL.

I understand the mfg's are trying to stimulate sales and I'm all for that but when the branding compatability of the cross- branding is stretched to the limits it can backfire horribly and actually do more harm to the brand than if they just stayed with their own legacy and history.

Seriously... how about a Formula FasTech Fab Four Special Limited Edition #16. DA did give the boys from Liverpool a ride once. And the Bee Gee's lived next door to DA so .... and J.Lo bought DA's old house on Bay Road and .........

Well that is that is the question, isn't it? And I honestly don't know how effective recent (and not so recent cross-branding) efforts have been. I know a lot of folks won't agree with me and that's fine, but I don't think that the Ducati and AMG cross-brands with Cigarette were a big stretch ... they made sense to me. But how effective were they at selling boats? I don't know. What I am pretty sure is that they put Cigarettes in front of eyes that probably hadn't seen them before. And I can't help but see that as anything positive.

Your response is definitely reasonable ... but the photo is just plain off the hook. Love it.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I recall correctly, JT running the boat...

Wasn't the Skater VEE at the shoot out, the one he was afraid to run any faster because "funny things happened when it slowed down"...

I also remember watching the Skater Vee 399 Spin out several times....I've never run one so I cannot really comment, but I've heard from quite a few they are very very skiddish.....

A no name drag boat with a vee drive will run 140 in calm water, doesn't mean I'd want to be in it or turn one....safety is also a concern...I'd turn a 43/44, a 42...a 47, 51, 52...at speeds over 100 without thinking too hard...as I've done it, you just have to know how to do it...

I'm sure the smack talk is going to come, but .....I've never seriously heard people loving the Skater Vees......just my opinion...

Last edited by WildThing47; 10-24-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

All the guys racing sure seem to love em! Hell on that note I spent the day driving a 42 PR Fountain with 950s around a circle track for the 2 heats, we were going into turns at 105 and coming out at 100. That boat turned awesome
Old 10-24-2011, 04:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few in racing...I agree...who knows....

Sounds like a great time Fast!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

This thread reminds me of this thread from the cheer leading squad......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...rlimits-2.html

just read posts 2,8,13,90

OL40 and Madhatter.. different strokes for different folks...+ and - to every design...but I'd rather be on my POS slow azz old school technology NorTech ride as you call it...in 3-4's from Miami to KW.. Its not how fast you get there that matters to some of us..its how comfortable the ride in doing it.. NorTech does not claim nor want to be in racing...not there niche....so don't put them there.....secondly to bash them cause you feel the need, is uncalled for, and unprofessional. Jeff
Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure why but this thread reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvw90Oc1Slo&NR=1
Old 10-24-2011, 04:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter42

My 42' Straight bottom Tiger w/ Big Power...cracked it's gas tanks running through severe rough water...I loved the boat...but that was a pretty messy fix..not to mention admitted as a design flaw. I love Cigarette, but I do not think they are the top dog anymore.
Every straight bottom Tiger has the same gas tanks and some of them did crack, design flaw? not really but trying to cram 110 gallons of gas where only 100 will fit was. instead of making the tank perfectly rectangle, there was a section added to it to take up more area and to give a little more fuel (approx 10 gallons per side) some of the tanks cracked from stress at the additional welds, some didn't. no bashing, just a fact. matched power for power i would put my tiger up against any boat in a rough sea. dunno if it would win, but I would still match it... only race i ever entered I won.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.